Pick #208, 6th Round: FS/CB Eric Pinkins, San Diego St.

OrFan

Reaction score
chris98251":218umxwr said:
razgriz737":218umxwr said:
He just said that the coaches plan to play him at CB

Browner 2.0 ?

My thoughts exactly. Now they just have to find out what pisses him off.

OrFan

Reaction score
sutz":1gmuwjgg said:
rainger":1gmuwjgg said:
Any one know anything about this guy? Both CBS and SI have no information on this guy.
School: Marshall | Conference: C-USA
College Experience: Senior | Hometown: Douglas, GA
Height/Weight: 6-5 / 307 lbs.
I think you're in the wrong thread. ;)

Now THAT would be a big db!

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Dam he's huge for CB. Let's hope he doesn't snap our #45 pick in half during scrimmage.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Interesting to see them moving him to CB.......lets see how it plays out. Although I was pretty happy to see them draft a potential backup to Earl and Kam.

Hawks46

Reaction score
6'3" and 220 lbs with a 4.4 forty is insane. Loves to play the run so I can see him lighting people up.

Reportedly has good work habits. Ran a 3.31 twenty yard shuttle, so he's a bit stiff.

Everyone is saying they will have him at CB but it seems he has stiff hips. Still very intriguing prospect. Simon is already on notice lol. Competition for the back end of this secondary is fierce.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I love this pick in the 6th round. Dude is a freak athlete and is still learning the game. Can't wait to see if he can develop into a CB because we probably aren't going to be able to resign Maxwell barring some ridiculous drop off in performance/injury/suspension.

If he ends up being our starting CB across from Sherm, we are going to absolutely manhandle WRs.

Rainger

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":115sirj4 said:
I love this pick in the 6th round. Dude is a freak athlete and is still learning the game. Can't wait to see if he can develop into a CB because we probably aren't going to be able to resign Maxwell barring some ridiculous drop off in performance/injury/suspension.

If he ends up being our starting CB across from Sherm, we are going to absolutely manhandle WRs.
I think they obviously see him as the possible Browner/Thurmond replacement.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Hawks46":1xgwbq33 said:
6'3" and 220 lbs with a 4.4 forty is insane. Loves to play the run so I can see him lighting people up.

Reportedly has good work habits. Ran a 3.31 twenty yard shuttle, so he's a bit stiff.

Everyone is saying they will have him at CB but it seems he has stiff hips. Still very intriguing prospect. Simon is already on notice lol. Competition for the back end of this secondary is fierce.

Love the pick. We definitely needed a CB this draft and this guy seems to fit the bill of Seahawks corners.

HawkRam

Reaction score
I've been following him since he committed to SDSU as he is the son of one of my friends. He'll make everyone forget about Browner (when he was on the field and on his game). He's a student of the game and fits the LOB mold.

HawkWow

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":3bavgm3q said:
Dam he's huge for CB. Let's hope he doesn't snap our #45 pick in half during scrimmage.

And let's hope he one day reminds us of #45. ; )

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
HawkRam":31zlgdoe said:
I've been following him since he committed to SDSU as he is the son of one of my friends. He'll make everyone forget about Browner (when he was on the field and on his game). He's a student of the game and fits the LOB mold.

Nice insight!!! Im excited about this pick

Threedee

Reaction score
He's huge for a FS, so I'm guessing it's his speed and range that have him listed as one. Since many believe we can't afford Maxwell after this season, I'm guessing he's our insurance policy.

chris98251

Reaction score
28 Adams, Phillip CB 5-11 195 25 5 South Carolina State
38 Fenner, Chandler CB 6-1 189 23 3 Holy Cross
32 Jefferson, A.J. CB 6-1 190 26 5 Fresno State
20 Lane, Jeremy CB 6-0 190 23 3 Northwestern State (La.)
LeGree, Jimmy CB 6-0 187 23 R South Carolina
41 Maxwell, Byron CB 6-1 207 26 4 Clemson
Pinkins, Eric CB 6-3 220 23 R San Diego St.
25 Sherman, Richard CB 6-3 195 26 4 Stanford
27 Simon, Tharold CB 6-3 202 23 2 LSU
36 Auguste, Akeem DB 5-10 185 24 2 South Carolina
42 Parks, Terrance DB 6-2 218 24 1 Florida State
35 Shead, DeShawn DB 6-2 220 25 3 Portland State
29 Thomas, Earl FS 5-10 202 25 5 Texas
Bailey, Dion SS 6-0 200 22 R USC
31 Chancellor, Kam SS 6-3 232 26 5 Virginia Tech
23 Johnson, Jeron SS 5-10 212 25 4 Boise State

Just list of competition for the DB's this year. It appears we bought a lot of insurance. This is from official website Roster Listing.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Gotta love the mentality/attitude too...

It's a true blessing just to be part of the Legion of Boom. I actually want to earn my spot on the Legion of Boom, because I don't want to just come in and be a part of it. I want to come in, I want to compete and I want to help out the organization.
- Eric Pinkins

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Shane Falco":21uk8a08 said:

It's a true blessing just to be part of the Legion of Boom. I actually want to earn my spot on the Legion of Boom, because I don't want to just come in and be a part of it. I want to come in, I want to compete and I want to help out the organization.
- Eric Pinkins

Like this alot. Excited about this kid.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Shane Falco":3jtw2py2 said:

- Eric Pinkins
That's awesome. This is my favorite pick of the draft. I kept waiting for them to draft a corner and when I saw Pinkins I got excited about the prospect of another Kam, but to hear that he may end up at corner, well that's just terrific.

Renohawk

Reaction score
He is Browner 2.0, did you see his highlight where he blocked the punt and running towards a td, he tripped up and fell. I like this kids makeup, lets hope he has some coverage skills. Looks like he has long arms for swatting the ball away.

jake206

Reaction score
From Seattle Times:

Carroll on moving Pinkins to playing press corner: “He’s a remarkable athlete, as long and tall as he is, and the speed that he has, and he has receiver background. So, he has a lot of good qualities that we like. The fact that he has such great arm length and he’s almost 6’3” gives us a chance to see if we can find him a spot at corner, first. He’s been a real physical guy. John reminded me that he’s been a really good tackler. We thought that was one of the things that jumped out on the film. So, we know he can play football. Now, we’d like to see whether we can package this thing to see if he can play outside. He played a lot on the slots, but covered a lot of man-to-man stuff on slot receivers. But, it’s going to be a transition for him, and we’re willing to go through, and we think he’s the perfect guy to give a shot at that.”

Carroll on whether Pinkins can be a safety type: “Absolutely, that’s what he does. That’s what he’s built his college career on; playing safety. He’s a hard hitter and a tackler, he would fall right into Kam’s kind of a role, and probably that kind of style if he’s playing safety. He gives us great flexibility, we think he’s a really cool pick because of that.”

Blitzer88

Reaction score
jake206":2lpz7rdp said:
From Seattle Times:

Carroll on moving Pinkins to playing press corner: “He’s a remarkable athlete, as long and tall as he is, and the speed that he has, and he has receiver background. So, he has a lot of good qualities that we like. The fact that he has such great arm length and he’s almost 6’3” gives us a chance to see if we can find him a spot at corner, first. He’s been a real physical guy. John reminded me that he’s been a really good tackler. We thought that was one of the things that jumped out on the film. So, we know he can play football. Now, we’d like to see whether we can package this thing to see if he can play outside. He played a lot on the slots, but covered a lot of man-to-man stuff on slot receivers. But, it’s going to be a transition for him, and we’re willing to go through, and we think he’s the perfect guy to give a shot at that.”

Carroll on whether Pinkins can be a safety type: “Absolutely, that’s what he does. That’s what he’s built his college career on; playing safety. He’s a hard hitter and a tackler, he would fall right into Kam’s kind of a role, and probably that kind of style if he’s playing safety. He gives us great flexibility, we think he’s a really cool pick because of that.”

Really interested to see how Pinkins develops as a CB.

Latest posts