PFF: Geno mistakes have been killing Hawks since week 5

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. Geno had a bad day yesterday, it happens. But he still tossed 3 TDs and gave us a chance. Geno is hardly the problem. Having no running game and becoming one dimensional and predictable on offense, allowing the defense to pin their ears back, and having one of the worst running defenses I have ever seen in my entire life...

Is the problem.

OP
OP
Chukarhawk

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Meh. Geno had a bad day yesterday, it happens. But he still tossed 3 TDs and gave us a chance. Geno is hardly the problem. Having no running game and becoming one dimensional and predictable, allowing the defense to pin their ears back, and having one of the worst running defenses I have ever seen in my entire life is the problem.
agreed, god awful defense and no run game are a bigger issue. I think he is pressing because he feels like he needs to win these games by himself. Still an interesting stat and if he continues to look like dookey the rest of the way we should go get a QB in the draft.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am not opposed to drafting a QB in the draft regardless of Geno's success. Seems like the prudent thing to do, even if that simply means for him to sit a year or two behind Geno. Time will tell for sure.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
We're not going to win a damn thing in the long run if we can't fix the running game/defense.

We need a quarterback who plays good in the good times, because the good times are what matters when it comes to winning it all. No quarterback does it alone. None. None of them are good enough to carry bad teams all the way.

OP
OP
Chukarhawk

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
It looked that way, but they all kind of fell off. All the risers ended up disappointing in the end. Real sad to watch.
Yep, my boy Levis has not looked good this year. Penix not coming out hurts. I thought there was a strong chance they took him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Right? WTF? all I heard last year was how this was going to be a "generational" QB draft.
That's s the sports media and people are will just repeat what they hear without doing their own research. I don't think this years draft is all that great in general. Carter who is considered the best player coming out in some years would be a mid 1st rd pick

QBs are always over valued and when they play on college teams that have a lot of talented team mates it can be difficult to accurately judge them Matt Lienhart comes to mind

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yep, my boy Levis has not looked good this year. Penix not coming out hurts. I thought there was a strong chance they took him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I was a fan of Levis too. Really wanted to see him take a step forward rather than regress. Now I'm not sure there's enough there to justify such a high risk to acquire him.

Jville

Reaction score

"According to Pro Football Focus, Smith has lost more expected points to interceptions, sacks and fumbles than any other QB since Week 5." Interesting..... Maybe we take a QB in round 1.
The key words are "expected points to interceptions, sacks and fumbles" Such a metric might mean something to their subscribers .... but that's the extent of it.

PFF's expectation metrics are of little use to me.

Polk738

Reaction score
Geno is probably under immense pressure to win since he knows there is no run game and the defense sucks-so he probably feels the need to be a bit more risky with his throws, but in turn is causing more problems because like the stats say he's had like 8 turn overs in the last 5 games. He's lucky he only had 2 INTs instead of 4 with some of those throws he made.

chrispy

Reaction score
I'm all for media poking holes in Geno's game if it means he's re-signed with enough cap space for a FA DT and ILB. I want Geno to get paid and I want it to be a check from Seattle. That said, it'd be nice to get a solid vet in the middle of the D and an AL Woods with a little more tread left.

As accurate as the media has been re: the Seahawks this year, does anyone care except other media?

NJlargent

Reaction score
I thought at the beginning of the season Geno was going to be an embarrassment. I was undoubtedly wrong. What this team needs is a serviceable QB who can make an exceptional play every now and then. That's exactly what we got in Geno. But what we also need is a defense that can shut down opponents and win games 23-10. We can't do that because our DL is putrid and our LBs are getting blocked every play because the DL offers no pressure. Therefore keep Geno and draft solely defensive players and fix the defense. Then maybe next year we can legitimately say we see similarities to the 2012 team and are a year or two away.

seahawks08

Reaction score
If I understand Pete correctly, the first interception changed the flow and the phantom play pretty much took our option to run. I personally would have still kept on running even if the outcome was a loss. When the defense held up until 3rd quarter we should have plated the sweep, shifts and runs. Yes Homer may not be talented but we could have added elements to shift and run along with short TE throws. We should have practiced creative run plays when you are down to 3rd string RBs. We will never win trying to throw our way purely as our defense is still not right. As Pete said, he needs to do a better job and I think he can if he slows down the game purely to play time of possession. This is true in all the games we lost. I feel we can out Geno in better situations for him to not make mistakes