PFF Player Grades Through Week 11

RiverDog

Reaction score
I have the premium access to Pro Football Focus, so I thought that I would share this info on how they have our players ranked relative to other players at their position ahead of Week 12. I've also included the top player at each position along with a couple other noteworthy players from other teams. I did not include their ratings. Maybe next time:

QB: Geno Smith #16. #1 is Dak, RW is ranked 14th.

WR: Tyler Locket #16, DK Metcalf #24, Jake Bobo T-#31, JSN #78. Tyreek Hill is ranked #1.

RB's: Kenneth Walker #12, Zach Charbonnet #27. McCaffery is ranked #1 (surprise suprise)

TE: Will Dissly #12, Noah Fant #23, Colby Parkinson #32. Pharoh Brown (Patriots) is ranked #1, Kittle #2, Kelce #4.

Centers: Evan Brown #29. Jason Kelce was ranked #1.

Guards: Anthony Bradford #38, Damien Lewis #49, Phil Haynes #60. Kevin Dotson of the Rams was ranked #1.

Tackles: Charls Cross #33, Stone Forsythe #50, Jake Curhan #59. Christian Darrisaw of the Vikings was ranked #1.

CB: Devon Witherspoon T-#5, Tre Brown #22, Tariq Wollen #37. DaRond Bland of the Cowboys was ranked #1.

Safety: Jamal Adams #27, Julian Love #42, Quandre Diggs #64. Javon Holland of the Dolphins was ranked #1.

LB: Bobby Wagner #10, Jordyn Brooks #40. Tyrell Dodson of the Bills was ranked #1.

DT: Quinnen Williams #3, Mario Edwards #41, Jarron Reed #70, DreMont Jones #77. Dexter Lawrence of the NYG is ranked #1, Jalen Carter #2, Aaron Donald #4.

Edge: Boye Mafe T-#16, Uchenna Nwosu #50, Derrick Hall #87, Darrell Taylor #99. Myles Garrett, Nick Bosa, and Maxx Crosby are ranked 1,2,and 3 respectively.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
I love PFF as I think they're the gold standard when it comes to an objective appraisal of individual performances.

But some of their rankings don't make a lot of sense. A good example is that they have Josh Allen ranked #2 behind Dak despite the fact that he's been a turnover machine and his team is having a disappointing season so far with a 6-5 record, 2 games behind the division leading Dolphins, while Jalen Hurts, despite leading his team to a league leading 9-1 record and being a slam dunk first down in short yardage situations, is ranked 12th.

Xxx

Reaction score
I love PFF as I think they're the gold standard when it comes to an objective appraisal of individual performances.

But some of their rankings don't make a lot of sense. A good example is that they have Josh Allen ranked #2 behind Dak despite the fact that he's been a turnover machine and his team is having a disappointing season so far with a 6-5 record, 2 games behind the division leading Dolphins, while Jalen Hurts, despite leading his team to a league leading 9-1 record and being a slam dunk first down in short yardage situations, is ranked 12th.

Who would you take dak or josh

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Are all positions ranked out of 125?
No. I'm sure it's based on snap count, but I don't know what the minimum is. Here are the number of ranked players by position:

QB: 38
WR: 124
RB: 60
TE: 72
Center: 39
Guard: 79
Tackle: 82
CB: 115
Safety: 89
LB: 81
DT: 125
Edge: 104

They also have fullbacks rated and ranked, but there's only 10 of them, and no Seahawks so I omitted them.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Who would you take dak or josh
Dak has performed better and deserves to be ranked ahead of Josh Allen, but I'm not sure if I would rank Dak at the top. If I were putting together a team, I'd take Josh Allen over Dak every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I just don't think they're putting enough weight on their team's success, at least as it applies to the quarterback position as it's the position that has the most effect on the outcome of the game.

Xxx

Reaction score
No. I'm sure it's based on snap count, but I don't know what the minimum is. Here are the number of ranked players by position:

QB: 38
WR: 124
RB: 60
TE: 72
Center: 39
Guard: 79
Tackle: 82
CB: 115
Safety: 89
LB: 81
DT: 125
Edge: 104

They also have fullbacks rated and ranked, but there's only 10 of them, and no Seahawks so I omitted them.

I figured the numbers would be different for each position

Xxx

Reaction score
Dak has performed better and deserves to be ranked ahead of Josh Allen, but I'm not sure if I would rank Dak at the top. If I were putting together a team, I'd take Josh Allen over Dak every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I just don't think they're putting enough weight on their team's success, at least as it applies to the quarterback position.
It’s funny how a player could be ranked lower but be more desirable

rcaido

Reaction score
Any chance you can do a top 12 QB. Im curious who are ahead of Wilson & Geno. I thought Purdy would be ranked #1 right now. Allen is a big surprise.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Any chance you can do a top 12 QB. Im curious who are ahead of Wilson & Geno. I thought Purdy would be ranked #1 right now. Allen is a big surprise.
Here's all the quarterbacks PFF has rated. I transposed the names vs. copy and paste, so I'm not swearing to my accuracy.

1. Dak
2. Allen
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Mahomes
5. Goff
6. Tua
7. Cousins
8. Trevor Lawrence
9. CJ Stroud
10. Stafford
11. Herbert
12. Hurts
13. Purdy
14. R. Wilson
15. Burrow
16. Geno
17. Justin Fields
18. Tannehill
19. Mayfield
20. Jordan Love
21. Carr
22. Dobbs
23. Watson
24. Tyrod Taylor
25. Sam Howell
26. Jimmy G.
27. Kenny Picket
28. Daniel Jones
29. Mac Jones
30. Tyson Bagent
31. The Stache
32. Zach Wilson
33. Danny DeVito
34. Will Levis
35. Adian O'Connell
36. Desmond Ridder
37. Bryce Young
38. Pajamas Walker

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
So, should we have taken Jale…….

Stop it! I’m just kidding 😜😜😜
It would have been the most annoying thing to ever happen, ever, if Jalen had done as well as he has and Devon started slow.

Glad we were in a win/win, apparently.

Anderson has hit the ground running, too. Really strong top of draft.