Pete

TreeRon

Reaction score
almost screwed this one up! He lucked out.

justafan

Reaction score
If he had the Rams talent he would have won also

getnasty

Reaction score
Yup the best coach in football Mcvey loses to old has been Pete.

quadsas

Reaction score
some putrid decisions by him in this game, Rams really shouldnt have been in it at all. got bailed out by Russ

getnasty

Reaction score
quadsas":1e3coxvo said:
some putrid decisions by him in this game, Rams really shouldnt have been in it at all. got bailed out by Russ

Yeah he's horrible

quadsas

Reaction score
getnasty":2enbbmwb said:
quadsas":2enbbmwb said:

Yeah he's horrible

oh so if I think he made some insanely stupid decisions in this game I must think hes horrible? god critical thinking is a in low su pply on ga meday

Rat

Reaction score
Still a great coach, but damn, is there a worse challenger in the league? Thank God he didn't throw some other dumb flag in the first half or something or we wouldn't have been able to get the Tedric INT overturned.

getnasty

Reaction score
Rat":3j65j85k said:
Still a great coach, but damn, is there a worse challenger in the league? Thank God he didn't throw some other dumb flag in the first half or something or we wouldn't have been able to get the Tedric INT overturned.

I was fine with the challenge, big play, we had 2 challenges and 3 timeouts left in the 4th quarter. Plus i think there were multiple things to look at there. Did i think we would win it, no.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3of6lrf5 said:
Mcvay with rings.
To be fair if McVay had Wilson he probably would have a ring. Goff is a very flawed QB, he's above average but I suspect a lot of it is due to McVay himself, not Goff. Belicheck really exposed Goff for what he really is.

I'd love to see what Wilson could do under a McVay offense.

LTH

Reaction score
Nobody is perfect and Pete has His flaws just like everybody else... but Damn you look at his record and I dont understand How anyone could complain about that? ok Im going to pull another Sutz

BRING BACK LOMBARDI!

LMAO!!!

LTH

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1kmns2tb said:
Shanegotyou11":1kmns2tb said:
Mcvay with rings.
To be fair if McVay had Wilson he probably would have a ring. Goff is a very flawed QB, he's above average but I suspect a lot of it is due to McVay himself, not Goff. Belicheck really exposed Goff for what he really is.

I'd love to see what Wilson could do under a McVay offense.

Maybe. Its all in theory. Maybe Mcvay stunts growth by controlling him with doing all the playcalling and leaving no time for audible.

Maybe they do win a title. Maybe with rams talent, Pete has 1 more superbowl.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh brother. He didn't LUCK out. BOTH kickers missed a FG. Yes he made some head scratchers, but the Hawks won the game. W, all that matters.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Pete has been running the same style for many years. If you're still scratching your head over some of his decisions, you're probably watching the game wrong. He has always said they don't change too many things. I think his record speaks for itself.

chris98251

Reaction score
Since coming back to the NFL Pet rarely lets the offense open up and go full tilt, unless there is a coach on the other sidelines named Harbaugh or a QB that snubbed a visit to us named Manning.

olyfan63

Reaction score
YET ANOTHER CLASSIC PETE CARROLL SEAHAWKS WIN!! SMILE AND LEARN TO LOVE THEM!!

Pete Carroll and Chuck Knox, the two most successful Seahawks coaches, both have a knack for "winning ugly", but Carroll is truly the master. If you can love an ugly baby, surely you can just learn to love and savor ugly and/or stressful Seahawks wins!!

This was a classic Pete Carroll Seahawks win, where somehow we get lucky at just the right time, in seemingly improbable ways, after looking like the other team was using us for a punching bag. The Delay-of-Game penalty, and then Zuerlein missing inches to the left... Not sure how Pete engineers this stuff, and it's pretty stressful to watch at times, with lots of swearing at the TV, but then somehow some Seahawk makes an unlikely play, or the opponent gives us an unlikely gift (or two), and next thing you know it's a "how-did-we-win-that-one W". As I said, a Classic Pete Carroll Seahawks win.

Remember the last time we beat the Rams? Two years ago in LA, Earl Thomas slaps the ball out of Gurley's hands as he tries to stretch it over the goal line, we get a touchback for us instead of a TD for them. IIRC in that game, rookie Trey Flowers made a key open-field tackle late in the game to preserve the win. Classic Pete Carroll Seahawks win.

This time, the unlikely Hawks play was Thompson's interception, with the unlikely opponent gift being first the Delay-of-game, and then second gift being the FG miss by Zuerlein. Once again, a Classic Pete Carroll Seahawks win.

Other Classic Pete Carroll Seahawks wins? Beating Green Bay in the 2014 NFCCG, the TD pass by Jon Ryan, the recovered onside kick, the GB player's pick of Russell where he stayed down instead of returning it for a potential TD. Hell, the 2013 NFCCG with "The Tip" from future Niner Sherman. In 2013, the "Shoeless Dick Sherman" game beating the Houston Texans.

This year, besides the Rams game, I'd add the Cincinnati game as a Classic Pete Carroll UGLY, no, FUGLY Seahawks win. We sucked, we sucked, all game, aside from Russell, then Russell leads a 4Q TD drive and we take the lead. Before that though, Cincy, in the Red Zone, gifts us a pick to Al Woods on a ball that slips out of his hands, and later misses a 45 yd FG attempt, then Cincy fails on 4th and 1, roughly 13 points worth of gifts, plus one more gift of a questionable-call Dalton fumble to end the game. Yet again, a Classic Pete Carroll Seahawks win!!

And how about that extra-ugly Monday night win a few years back against the Jeff Fisher Rams, and their All-Pro-for-a-game backup QB, Austin Davis, where our D stuffs them at the 1 yard line for the win, and not just any player, but special-teamer Heath Farwell, not even a regular LB, makes the game-saving play! UGLY!! Even FUGLY!! And totally a Classic Pete Carroll Seahawks win!!

The Steelers game was a Classic Pete Carroll Seahawks win too, trying to give the game away to Pittsburgh with that Carson fumble, but then Seattle running out the game clock with a bruising final drive. And oh yes, it was also Classic Pete Carroll Seahawks in making a backup QB look like an all-pro against us.

I mean, if you can't JUST ACCEPT all those Classic Pete Carroll Seahawks wins, I mean, what do you want, Jim Mora Jr. or Dennis Erickson back at the helm? Most of the Classic Pete Carroll Seahawks wins are games that a Mora Jr. or Erickson coached Seahawks team would have found a way to lose.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Rat":3i9cqxt7 said:

He was 1-1 on challenges and so was McVay. I thought McVay's challenge on the OOB catch was dumber than Pete's challenge on the OPI.

Pete's challenge win rate isn't much different than the league average.

Everybody just sees things through Seahawks lenses without perspective.

getnasty

Reaction score
Mad Dog":f9j7v6a4 said:
Rat":f9j7v6a4 said:

He was 1-1 on challenges and so was McVay. I thought McVay's challenge on the OOB catch was dumber than Pete's challenge on the OPI.

Pete's challenge win rate isn't much different than the league average.

Everybody just sees things through Seahawks lenses without perspective.

Yeah, if Pete took that delay of game like Mcvey did at the end of the game people would kill him.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If Pete had the Rams D, I can guarantee teams wouldn't be scoring 55 and 30 on it. They would be a top 5 D easily.

Latest posts