Pete post game

Ozzy

Reaction score
The best quote from Pete. When asked about why he didn’t go for it on a couple of 4th and shorts when you needed points and your defense struggling “if you believe in who you are (defense) you kick it there every time” he said this while his team gave up 10 yards per play lol. An absolute ridiculous comment and sort of shows you why he’s out of his mind

knownone

Reaction score
Eh, Pete's not wrong. There were two opportunities and both occurred when the Seahawks were down 4, and neither led to 49ers points. The only other opportunities were 4th and 12 on their own 27, and 4th and 21 on their own 24.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Eh, Pete's not wrong. There were two opportunities and both occurred when the Seahawks were down 4, and neither led to 49ers points. The only other opportunities were 4th and 12 on their own 27, and 4th and 21 on their own 24.
It taking into account what was happening in this specific game he was wrong. You still lost a ton of TOP and a chance to slow the bleeding and inject some life into their chances. Most coaches/football minds on twitter(yes it’s infallible) have all questioned it and were baffled by it.

knownone

Reaction score
It taking into account what was happening in this specific game he was wrong. You still lost a ton of TOP and a chance to slow the bleeding and inject some life into their chances. Most coaches/football minds on twitter(yes it’s infallible) have all questioned it and were baffled by it.
He wasn't wrong, IMO. If they don't get the 4th down conversion in those spots, the Niners are 10 yards from points. They punted. The Niners didn't score.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I get your argument I’m saying in my opinion you’re wrong.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Big Balls Pete!!! (Where did he go?)

renofox

Reaction score
PC paraphrased: We knew what was coming, they do the same thing on offense all the time. We practiced against all the exact explosive plays they made tonight. We just didn't execute.

We need to execute. We gave them those big plays because we didn't execute. Too many missed tackles. We missed Spoon because he would have made a lot of the tackles that were missed.

We need to execute. We practiced the crap out of it and guys just need to make the right reads and execute.

Closest I've ever heard to PC throwing the players under the bus.

Talked about "we need to execute" about 20 times. Implied the coaches spent all week on the exact gameplan SF used, and the players all just sucked. True? Who knows.

strohmin

Reaction score
PC paraphrased: We knew what was coming, they do the same thing on offense all the time. We practiced against all the exact explosive plays they made tonight. We just didn't execute.

We need to execute. We gave them those big plays because we didn't execute. Too many missed tackles. We missed Spoon because he would have made a lot of the tackles that were missed.

We need to execute. We practiced the crap out of it and guys just need to make the right reads and execute.

Talked about "we need to execute" about 20 times. Implied the coaches spent all week on the exact gameplan SF used, and the players all just sucked. True? Who knows.
and there are people that still believe pete hasnt lost the team

Fade

Reaction score

The players tuned him out weeks ago...

Pete gave a big presentation on penalties a couple months back, the players ignored him.

mistaowen

Reaction score

Whew boy. Winning next week fixes (calms?) a lot of these tempers but it sounds like shit is falling apart behind the scenes. Diggs had a pretty terrible quote himself. I think both can be right - players were atrocious today and coaching is bottom of the league. Night and day seeing 49ers go out and execute their identity vs the Seahawks who make things up as they go, while giving up 9.9 yards per play. DK was also the most visibly frustrated I’ve ever seen him on the sidelines, presumably because he didn’t get a target for 2+ quarters. Me thinks that is boiling over too given Pete highlighting their inability to put their best players in winning situations prior to the cowboys game, aka Waldron.

Wholesale changes are needed.

knownone

Reaction score
I get your argument I’m saying in my opinion you’re wrong.
But don't you think it's misleading to say Pete's out of his mind when his explanation tracks what happened in the game? Or is framing only an issue when you disagree with a particular perspective?

SeeHocks

Reaction score
The best quote from Pete. When asked about why he didn’t go for it on a couple of 4th and shorts when you needed points and your defense struggling “if you believe in who you are (defense) you kick it there every time” he said this while his team gave up 10 yards per play lol. An absolute ridiculous comment and sort of shows you why he’s out of his mind
I stopped listening to him after games last year. Nothing but a lot of double talk. Drives me crazy!

nwHawk

Reaction score
Pete highlighting their inability to put their best players in winning situations prior to the cowboys game, aka Waldron.

Wholesale changes are needed.

A lot of sloppiness within the team.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
But don't you think it's misleading to say Pete's out of his mind when his explanation tracks what happened in the game? Or is framing only an issue when you disagree with a particular perspective?
not really but it’s starting to feel like you have an agenda to argue with me on everything. I get it you don’t like me which is fine but sometimes it gets old and predictable. I don’t know.

You conveniently leave out half the question to fit your narrative. What if Seattle extends the drive and scores? Just because Philly didn’t score doesn’t mean you didn’t lose an opportunity to change the outcome(the basis of analytics).

So you can post another disagreement hit I’m done arguing about it. Pete missed an opportunity to help the offense out and you can disagree.

cymatica

Reaction score
He wasn't wrong, IMO. If they don't get the 4th down conversion in those spots, the Niners are 10 yards from points. They punted. The Niners didn't score.
Except he was wrong. When you're at midfield against that defense you have to take advantage of the drive you put together at that point