Percy harvin

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawks46":1zmfwrha said:
Not to piss in everyone's cheerios, but how exactly will we use him ?

I haven't seen a quick slant and maybe 2 bubble screens thrown all year. The stuff Harvin thrives on, is the stuff we don't seem to utilize.

I really, really hope they don't think they're going to use his speed as a vertical pass threat in the PA passing game. That would be such a waste.
there was a couple last game in the first half. I was surprised and happy to see it

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hmm... I recall at least a handful of passes to Tate and even Baldwin at the LOS. We've also used WRs on end-around plays. True, we don't utilize a lot of quick slants, but it's incorrect to say our playbook is devoid of plays designed to get our receivers in space. We've also used RB screens pretty effectively and could probably plug Percy in these plays with his ability to line up in the backfield.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Bevell will know how to use Harvin. He was able to get a ton out of him while in Minnesota. Although his best year was the first half of last year when he was considered a front runner for MVP before getting hurt. I do think this helps the offense a ton and especially Wilson. I love Tate, Kearse, Baldwin, Rice etc. but like San Fran, we don't have anyone who gets a ton of separation....Harvin will be wide open at times just based on pure speed and talent. He will add something this offense hasn't had in a while. It will also be nice to have a guy Wilson doesn't have to throw open. Offense finishes off the year like they did last year....On a roll.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
With a guy like Harvin, you just need to get him the ball with a single defender on him. Tate does a good job of turning nothing into 5-7 yard gains. Harvin is good for a few more.

That is only the beginning. Slant stuff will happen... just get our line back in order.

CANHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":2ojktdh9 said:
Bevell will know how to use Harvin. He was able to get a ton out of him while in Minnesota. Although his best year was the first half of last year when he was considered a front runner for MVP before getting hurt. I do think this helps the offense a ton and especially Wilson. I love Tate, Kearse, Baldwin, Rice etc. but like San Fran, we don't have anyone who gets a ton of separation....Harvin will be wide open at times just based on pure speed and talent. He will add something this offense hasn't had in a while. It will also be nice to have a guy Wilson doesn't have to throw open. Offense finishes off the year like they did last year....On a roll.

Good point. Harvin managed to have an MVP caliber first half last year with Christian Ponder as QB. Ponder is like a slower, dumber, less efficient, less talented, ugly version of Russell Wilson. I'm sure we'll figure out how to use him in this offense. Dude's a difference maker. There was a bubble screen or two to Tate against Indy that were pure gold. Do that with Tate and Harvin on the same side, DB's won't know who to key on. It'll be glorious.

That said though, I have to admit... I have NO idea how to properly utilize Harvin in Madden. I keep trying, but it just ain't working for me... I don't think I'm radical enough in my playcalling (I'm a total Holmgren WCO guy).

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I want him to be split with Tate to make defenses cover the bubble and also a short threat on the opposite side. Wilson can make those kinds of throws and it is bound to open up the running game.

Harvin is not a product of scheme or system, he is a one man nightmare that instantly makes any offense better. Get the ball in his hands and let him do the rest. But he instantly makes every other offensive player on the team better

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2l8erz4b said:
Gotta remember that Percy tweeted he was perfectly healthy like a week before he discovered the hip injury in the first place.

Do you believe everything you read in Twitterville?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":n2rr8z27 said:
DavidSeven":n2rr8z27 said:
Gotta remember that Percy tweeted he was perfectly healthy like a week before he discovered the hip injury in the first place.

Do you believe everything you read in Twitterville?

That was my entire point. I'm CAUTIOUSLY optimistic because the current excitement about his return is based mostly on his tweets.

dan2314

Reaction score
week 7 is a thursday night game. i dont see him coming back for that, but you never know. if they take him off PUP at the start of that week, let him practice, he might be able to play a few limited snaps and get back into the flow. just getting out there makes a big difference i would imagine. then the next week is an extra long break for a monday game, i could definitely see him back for that. then its the bucs the week after, which is when he can really start to get some form in what should be a blowout.

cacksman

Reaction score
I'm hoping we'll see him Week 8 against the Rams. Week 7 on TNF seems like a very long shot.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm thinking week 9 at the earliest, based upon Pete's "no definite timeline" statement during his presser. The athlete is always eager to get back on the field, but these trainers and medical staff are nothing if not careful. He just started running a few days ago. I'd start expecting something about two weeks after he's cleared for at least limited reps in practice.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":xy2xqmdy said:
Seeker":xy2xqmdy said:
This offense+harvin =
Star-Wars.jpg

A New Hope? Hmm... I would have gone with;

TheEmpireStrikesBack10

Empire Strikes Back? Hmm... I'd go with REVENGE!!!

Revenge of the jedi poster

seahawks08

Reaction score
Either Monday's Pete Presser or talking to Brock and Danny, I felt he is not going to change the offensive game plan based on the OL. He still does not believe in quick slants perse, I think the philosophy is either burn them over the top or grind the ball. One opens the other and the emphasis is on the run. I am sure when PH is back, they will line him anywhere and the defense has to account for him. If you watch any vikings game, he has done pretty much everything in the field offensively. I just hope our offense clicks before he comes so that the whole WR corps have the confidence and efficiency figured out and he just fits right in.

warden

Reaction score
King five TV news is saying Percy is with the team as of yesterday. He is running full speed. will continue practicing with the trainers this week. On Monday he will be added to the active roster. Pete Carrol on King 5 confirms he is at the VMAC but says he hasn't seen him in living color yet. All signs remain positive, sure looks he will be ready to go for the Monday Night game against the Rams

Axx

Reaction score
So are we going to put him in at Guard or something?

JonRud

Reaction score
Can't wait to see this guy on the field for the Hawks. As everyone here says he will make the entire offense better.

Once Okung & Giaco come back it's no holds barred in Nov & Dec just like last year!

A

Anonymous

I don't think we see him returning punts, at least right off the bat, and no kick returns either. In fact, I don't even think he starts the first offensive play. When he does suit up and trots-out onto the field, it'll be on a 3rd-down and 4/5, and they probably won't even throw to him.

My prediction is the team will want to keep him in space and away from the big-hitting situations. We all know that simply having #11 on the field will draw defense like ants to a dead cicada dipped in honey. Bevell is going to milk this scenario for all it's worth.

I think he'll be used strategically for the first few games as they will want to establish some tape showing him not being targeted. Once the D relaxes double teams and spys a touch... Wham! 6 points Harvin.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Axx":qk4pkc6e said:
So are we going to put him in at Guard or something?
Bwaahaha! You are right up there on my cynical wavelength.

Uffda

Reaction score
Heard that he can start practicing the day after the next game.

hawker84

Reaction score
Sooner the better, just having him on the field makes the DC's have to account for him.. This should open up the short passing game more for short passes accross the middle to Miller and the RB's, not to mention the deep game, because defenses will more than likely double him leaving our outside guys with one on one match ups. So he may not impact games with actual plays, but he will impact the game just by his mere presence on the field. JMO