Percy harvin

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yep, week 7 or 8 is a good bet. Two hard weeks of practice, and cross your fingers for no setbacks and he's good to go.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Not to piss in everyone's cheerios, but how exactly will we use him ?

I haven't seen a quick slant and maybe 2 bubble screens thrown all year. The stuff Harvin thrives on, is the stuff we don't seem to utilize.

I really, really hope they don't think they're going to use his speed as a vertical pass threat in the PA passing game. That would be such a waste.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawks46":1vvm5h4h said:

I haven't seen a quick slant and maybe 2 bubble screens thrown all year. The stuff Harvin thrives on, is the stuff we don't seem to utilize.

The question you should be asking is "how would we NOT use him?" Kickoff returns, punt returns, bubble screens, deep slants, short slants, reverses, lined up in the backfield. Harvin is arguably the most versatile player in the entire league. If there's one thing you shouldn't be worried about, it's HOW we're going to use him.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hawks46":45jcjfqb said:

I really, really hope they don't think they're going to use his speed as a vertical pass threat in the PA passing game. That would be such a waste.

Bevell was his co-ordinators in Minnesota (along with Rice) the year they lost the NFC Championship game in New Orleans. He is familiar wit Harvin, and I am sure they have a plan. Vertical pass threat? Probably not a big part of it.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Rest assured the team are going to be ultra conservative with his return after the slightly farcical nature of his last injury absence.

Given week seven is a Thursday night game that seems a little optimistic.

Largent80

Reaction score
This is a good problem to have. And regarding injury. If he is cleared 100% I would involve him 100%.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
So when can Harvin start practicing? Does he have to wait until we officially promote him to the active roster?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
IcedHawk":1owjf99o said:
So when can Harvin start practicing? Does he have to wait until we officially promote him to the active roster?

Yeah, after week 6 is in the books.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Harvin and Tate on the same field is going to be amazing.

Put them out there with Baldwin. Rice ain't impressing anyone. He has size and that's it.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I'm really excited to see him on the field. He is a one of a kind type of player, IMO. He will set up a lot of mismatches, and I think it will keep the opponents pass rush think twice about blitzing so much. I can see pH being a designated safety valve for RW, and ripping a big gain out of a hot route.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Yeah, our offense gets a huge boost right near the midpoint. Great time to get him back and make our run!

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1wkphfew said:
Countdown begins huh?

Not getting my hopes up anytime soon. Sticking to the week 7 plan he originally talked about.

thats two weeks yeah the countdown begins

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Hawknballs":206f1frq said:
Harvin and Tate on the same field is going to be amazing.

Put them out there with Baldwin. Rice ain't impressing anyone. He has size and that's it.

Harvin is going to change the space the WR's have on the field with his speed alone. Not to mention that Harvin and Tate are two of the hardest WR's to bring down so its gonna be interesting with Harvin, Tate, Lynch and Wilson on the field at the same time i'd be pist if i was a defender.

Alot of people are hating on Sidney Rice lately he's big and has good hands plus he's made some big time catches in some big time games and laid out for his team (the Bears game last year).

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd love to have him back Week 7, but honestly.. no need to rush this. I think we win the next 4 easily without him. Let him be 110% ready for the stretch run.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seeker":e39zj78h said:
This offense+harvin =
Star-Wars.jpg

A New Hope? Hmm... I would have gone with;

TheEmpireStrikesBack10

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think Week 8 is the earliest Pete would play him. Needs to pass a physical after Week 6 and then get two full weeks of practice. Cautiously optimistic. Gotta remember that Percy tweeted he was perfectly healthy like a week before he discovered the hip injury in the first place.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1oexc7c4 said:
Hawks46":1oexc7c4 said:

The question you should be asking is "how would we NOT use him?" Kickoff returns, punt returns, bubble screens, deep slants, short slants, reverses, lined up in the backfield. Harvin is arguably the most versatile player in the entire league. If there's one thing you shouldn't be worried about, it's HOW we're going to use him.

Actually, your argument is exactly why we should be wondering how we use him. He can do all of that, just like you said...he is extremely versatile. I watch the games just like you, and our short, quick passing game used to get athletes into space just doesn't exist. If it's part of our offensive system, why aren't we already using Tate in that capacity? We aren't, really. Our mid-long range passing game doesn't fit with Harvin as a weapon. I think most people have a similar idea on what we should do with him...but I think it's a legit question that 46 poses considering what we've seen from this offense so far. That being said, RW has the ability to adjust to a new style of offense, it seems, like overnight...so maybe that's what we're doing...not giving any game film of our short, quick passing game. I hope our offense is transformed with Harvin, but wouldn't you agree that his best assets would be canceled out in our current version of the passing game? And again, the same question could be asked about Tate...why aren't we involving him in a set of short, quick plays designed to get him specifically into space within 0-10 yds of the LOS?