JA on McCaffrey 72 yard run

xray

Reaction score
Best player in the NFL . Should be MVP ; but that won't happen .

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Good grief that's just sad to watch. Id cut him immediately and take the cap hit. Just sorry ass effort

RiverDog

Reaction score
Holy cow, that's horrible! And it was the first play of the frigging game for crying out loud, and he's running essentially at 3/4 speed then gets juked at the end by such a mild move? What an embarrassment. Yikes is right. No wonder PFF dropped him 36 slots in their player ranking.

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
Diggs was almost as bad if not worse. He runs right into Brooks and washes himself into a block and out of the play.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
His injuries to his quad tendon have robbed him of his speed which was never exceptional. Suspect his career is close to being done.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
His injuries to his quad tendon have robbed him of his speed which was never exceptional. Suspect his career is close to being done.
He wasn't all that great prior to that injury...wasn't his last sack the first year he arrived here?? No way to sugarcoat it..we got fleeced on that trade.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think if he hadn’t been injured the team would have gotten more from him. He was special his first year here.

Presently he’s an overpriced and underperforming questionable liability. He’s still got quality instincts but he’s not got much ball hawking ability. He’s a tweener in reality, neither SS nor OLB.
I doubt anyone thinks the team didn’t overpay to acquire him.

Don’t know if he’s playing hurt but he seems late to arrive at his assignments which could indicate he lost his speed.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think if he hadn’t been injured the team would have gotten more from him. He was special his first year here.

Presently he’s an overpriced and underperforming questionable liability. He’s still got quality instincts but he’s not got much ball hawking ability. He’s a tweener in reality, neither SS nor OLB.

Don’t know if he’s playing hurt but he seems late to arrive at his assignments which could indicate he lost his speed.
I remember Seattle fans getting mad at Greg Williams when he predicted Adams wouldn’t be the same player here because of how Seattle plays defense. I think while he’s an asshole, he was right all along.

Wheetie

Reaction score
I remember Seattle fans getting mad at Greg Williams when he predicted Adams wouldn’t be the same player here because of how Seattle plays defense. I think while he’s an asshole, he was right all along.
I think Williams meant,
Adams wouldn’t be the same player here because of how Seattle doesnt play defense.

RiverDog

Reaction score

You have to remember what our pass rush was like when we first signed him in 2020. It was so inept that at one point, we were on pace to have a historically bad season in that department. Adams stepped into that void and thrived.

But it didn't take offenses long to figure him out. In 2021, his numbers dropped off dramatically. Anytime he threatened to blitz, the offense moved a tight end or running back to his side to account for him.

I can't attribute his being late to his assignments to his injuries. The man just doesn't have good reactions. You said it yourself when you noted his lack of ball hawking ability. We've all seen him drop interceptions, had them bounce off his facemask or something. It's the same problem he has in coverage. By the time he reacts to a receiver coming into his zone, the receiver is already past him and he has to chase him. No one is going to catch up with a guy like Deebo Samuel when they react as slowly as he does.

keasley45

Reaction score
I don't see why it's just Jamal getting hammered in this thread. If you look at everyone from the LB back, they are all in what looks like a sprint to the sideline and not even playing the RB. This play was a failure of the defense as a whole. Jamal was 1 of 7 players who just performed horribly on the play.

At least Jamal can say he had T Williams chasing him down (no contest) . The rest?

cymatica

Reaction score

Greg Williams was right. Adams was never good in coverage but he had a lot of sacks his first year because he was occasionally schemed to blitz. Ultimately though, Pete clammed up and Jimmy Grahamed him.

Don't exactly remember when, but he had a good number of starts here when Pete admitted they were still trying to figure out how to use him. How you give up that much for a player that doesn't fit at all, and you don't know how to fit him, is beyond me.

I doubt any other team gives up that much to get him even if they use him properly. He probably would have been great on another team while making less money. Pete and John flat out didn't exececute and I wouldn't be surprised if several players in the locker room feel like their coaches are completely inept at maximizing their talent

Last edited: