JA on McCaffrey 72 yard run

hoxrox

Reaction score
This looks like the same play they ran in our playoff game against them last year. It looks like a play they run all the time.

Did coaches and players not study film?

xray

Reaction score
Could he actually be a worse trade than Percy Harvin ? At least Percy duped a SB ring out of his deal....ya gotta hand it to him , he fleeced everybody and got a ring too...LOL

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Aaron Curry
Aaron Curry was never any good, Adams certainly was.

Curry maintained his athleticism, but had no instincts. Adams still has instincts but has lost a good deal of his athleticism or has been playing hurt. They are nothing alike..

Fade

Reaction score
Shouldn't someone get fired for the Jamal Adams trade? Where is the accountability?

This lack of accountability is why the Seahawks are going no where fast.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Aaron Curry was never any good, Adams certainly was.

Curry maintained his athleticism, but had no instincts. Adams still has instincts but has lost a good deal of his athleticism or has been playing hurt. They are nothing alike..
I agree, but Adams has been hyped as a world beater and quite frankly, outside of the 9.5 sacks to start his Seahawks career there have been issues. His coverage has been a constant talking point.

Curry was a can’t miss player, and Adams was thought of as plug and play instant leader and swag. Instant thump. Could read and react like Kam, the backend QB. He’s had his moments, but he isn’t the player we all hoped for, Curry also wasn’t the player he was expected to be during the draft process. And, Adams contract is just awful.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree the team overpaid for Adams, but he was a rare bright spot in another lousy D the year he was acquired. 9.5 sacks by a SS was/is an NFL record and is incredible and worth keeping. When acquired the team needed help at SS so they got a then two time Pro Bowl player at a very high price. He didn’t disappoint tackled hard, covered somewhat adequately, and was a blitzing phenom setting the above all time league record, making the Pro Bowl again. Unfortunately the wheels have apparently come off since.

The team paid him after his great season and then the falloff happened. Adams has unfortunate had numerous injuries since being paid and has often played hurt, he fused his fingers so he would continue getting the finger dislocations preventing him playing has had a hip labrum tear and a severe torn quadriceps injury that is often career ending. Both those injuries cost him time, so the team didn’t get production from him. It’s fair upon reflection to conclude he is underperforming his present contract.

He still has good instincts but seems to have lost his speed, seemingly often now a step slow. Is this due to the present knee injury that lists him as questionable for the Eagles game? Only the team and the player really know but he looks to be nothing close to the guy the team paid a high price to add. With that the initial returns were excellent, but since not so much.

Unless there is some improvement I can see Adams becoming a cap casualty as a cost to benefit analysis shows he’s too expensive.

This year for him has been odd with the late start, then immediate concussions and his hostility to the protocol along with the foolishness with the Yikes! nonsense. His play, however, has been substandard and it is clear he isn’t playing well. The why is still to me at least marked with the question mark of injury but he’s not performing up to his contract.

He’s likely never to return to to his earlier Pro Bowl level of play and seems to now be a liability in coverage so I think the team may need to move on from him acknowledging it was a bad investment.

Too bad b/c I liked ‘The Prez’ persona and thought he brought needed attitude to the D and a type of leadership. However, if you talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walk. Lately it’s a limp.

Some here want to label this the worst ever trade by the team but there have been worse. Perhaps so but only if you mistakenly ignore year one here He’s a sunk cost now and the acquisition price is somewhat meaningless relative to his cap cost which doesn’t support him continuing to stay.

As we know the retrospectoscope is the world’s most accurate instrument and is often incorrectly applied to this situation.

Last edited:

irfuben32

Reaction score
I agree the team overpaid for Adams, but he was a rare bright spot in another lousy D the year he was acquired. 9.5 sacks by a SS was/is an NFL record and is incredible and worth keeping. When acquired the team needed help at SS so they got a then two time Pro Bowl player at a very high price. He didn’t disappoint tackled hard, covered somewhat adequately, and was a blitzing phenom setting the above all time league record, making the Pro Bowl again. Unfortunately the wheels have apparently come off since.

The team paid him after his great season and then the falloff happened. Adams has unfortunate had numerous injuries since being paid and has often played hurt, he fused his fingers so he would continue getting the finger dislocations preventing him playing has had a hip labrum tear and a severe torn quadriceps injury that is often career ending. Both those injuries cost him time, so the team didn’t get production from him. It’s fair upon reflection to conclude he is underperforming his present contract.

He still has good instincts but seems to have lost his speed, seemingly often now a step slow. Is this due to the present knee injury that lists him as questionable for the Eagles game? Only the team and the player really know but he looks to be nothing close to the guy the team paid a high price to add. With that the initial returns were excellent, but since not so much.

Unless there is some improvement I can see Adams becoming a cap casualty as a cost to benefit analysis shows he’s too expensive.

This year for him has been odd with the late start, then immediate concussions and his hostility to the protocol along with the foolishness with the Yikes! nonsense. His play, however, has been substandard and it is clear he isn’t playing well. The why is still to me at least marked with the question mark of injury but he’s not performing up to his contract.

He’s likely never to return to to his earlier Pro Bowl level of play and seems to now be a liability in coverage so I think the team may need to move on from him acknowledging it was a bad investment.

Too bad b/c I liked ‘The Prez’ persona and thought he brought needed attitude to the D and a type of leadership. However, if you talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walk. Lately it’s a limp.

Some here want to label this the worst ever trade by the team but there have been worse. Perhaps so but only if you mistakenly ignore year one here He’s a sunk cost now and the acquisition price is somewhat meaningless relative to his cap cost which doesn’t support him continuing to stay.

As we know the retrospectoscope is the world’s most accurate instrument and is often incorrectly applied to this situation.

Even with all of the sacks, there were a lot of passes completed because he was always being sent on the blitz leaving a hole in the coverage. It was a big flashy number but the benefit probably evened out overall.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That is on the scheme and not on the player b/c he can only try to do what the coaches want him to do. Hard to fault the player for doing what he was asked to do.

That year he was the most consistent pass rusher on the team as the rest were not getting it done.

renofox

Reaction score
Even with all of the sacks, there were a lot of passes completed because he was always being sent on the blitz leaving a hole in the coverage. It was a big flashy number but the benefit probably evened out overall.
I was about to reply with the same thing until I noticed your post. Except I don't think it evened out. Our pass defense was horrible because the secondary was too often short a man, and he didn't get home near enough to balance it out.

renofox

Reaction score
That is on the scheme and not on the player b/c he can only try to do what the coaches want him to do. Hard to fault the player for doing what he was asked to do.

That year he was the most consistent pass rusher on the team as the rest were not getting it done.
Agreed that a lot of the blame goes to PC and his "It's only year 3, we'll figure out how to use him someday" ineptitude.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Still not on the player, although as a pure coverage safety he’s not that strong.

Easy to blame PC as inept but he’s not the direct coach of the player, he has overall oversight and responsibility. The player truly has not been healthy since year two here, that has affected his mobility and recovery speed. Not excusing at at all b/c I now think he’s been revealed as a step slow in coverage and blitzing as well. His value has been diminished.

True and accurate knowledge about Adams is only held by the team and the player, maybe also the team doctors.

renofox

Reaction score
The trade was bad, but not worst of all time bad.

The ridiculous contract without return value was bad. Partly, PC having no idea how to use him. Partly, never played at an All-Pro level here. Partly, availability has been dogsh!t.

Combine all of that and NOW you have the worst decision-making process of all time for this franchise.

Whatever the reason, the picks and $ were basically thrown away, and we have a minus player on the field making us worse. Ryan Neal would have provided more value at 1/20th the cost.

Wheetie

Reaction score

A safety being the best pass rusher on the team. Very sad but true.

Rat

Reaction score
Yep. Adams certainly isn't the only DB in the league capable of posting those kind of stats, most teams just don't scheme for it.

LTH

Reaction score
His injuries to his quad tendon have robbed him of his speed which was never exceptional. Suspect his career is close to being done.
I always thought that the Seahawks gave up to much for him. That being said, there isn't anybody that could have predicted his injury history with the Hawks, which makes the trade look like a worse trade then what it actually was.

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
Still not on the player, although as a pure coverage safety he’s not that strong.

Easy to blame PC as inept but he’s not the direct coach of the player, he has overall oversight and responsibility. The player truly has not been healthy since year two here, that has affected his mobility and recovery speed. Not excusing at at all b/c I now think he’s been revealed as a step slow in coverage and blitzing as well. His value has been diminished.

True and accurate knowledge about Adams is only held by the team and the player, maybe also the team doctors.
I posted this in another JA thread, but I think that we can surmise by the percentage of defensive snaps Adams has been getting that he's as healthy now as he's been for some time.

In the past 4 games, Adams has played all but one defensive snap.

Latest posts