Off season prediction: 49ers will go after Bennett

main

Reaction score
Who else is predicting that the 49ers will go after Bennett this off season just to piss off the Seahawks? I can totally see this happening to up Bennett's price tag.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nope, their cap is to tight, and why would Bennet want to play for D-Baugh!

OP
OP
M

main

Reaction score
I don't see the 49ers getting him.. but I do see them making a offer to UP his price tag (with no intentions to actually sign him). That is how strong I think the hate is between these two teams.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think they're more inclined to go for one of our receivers or DBs tbh. They've got quite a bit of money tied up in their front seven already, don't they?

OP
OP
M

main

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":36t6mq5i said:
I think they're more inclined to go for one of our receivers or DBs tbh. They've got quite a bit of money tied up in their front seven already, don't they?
Actually, I do see that happening too. Since Baldwin is a restricted free agent, I can see the 49ers offering a contract to him so Seattle has to match it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
main":1qo5u4k8 said:
E.C. Laloosh":1qo5u4k8 said:
Actually, I do see that happening too. Since Baldwin is a restricted free agent, I can see the 49ers offering a contract to him so Seattle has to match it.
He doesn't have to accept, and if he does I will be thrilled to get a 2nd round pick for him.

cacksman

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1olp75a0 said:
main":1olp75a0 said:
E.C. Laloosh":1olp75a0 said:
He doesn't have to accept, and if he does I will be thrilled to get a 2nd round pick for him.

I think i'd rather have Baldwin than a very late 2nd rounder at this point.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I hope the whiners lock Kaep up for a decade. As long as he is their QB, it doesn't matter what players they put around him, he won't be a winner.

themunn

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3ae32tg7 said:
main":3ae32tg7 said:
E.C. Laloosh":3ae32tg7 said:

Why would we only tender a 2nd round pick? 1st round tender is around 3 million, which is still less than we'd pay under a long term contract. If we ended up with the 29th overall pick for him I wouldn't be too upset.

sutz

Reaction score
They'd be kind of stupid NOT to pursue a player of his talent, and "hurting" us doesn't even have to be part of the reason. Having said that, the reasons posted above why they won't or can't sign him are valid. But, yeah, Bennett has played well enough to more or less write his own contract, so to speak. SF would be just one of many teams trying to pick him up. As the saying goes, "Get in line."

I hope they get him re-signed before FA even starts. :pray:

TJH

Reaction score
I doubt it. He doesn't fit a 34 well and would be wasted.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I see the 9ers going after Steelers WR Emanuel Sanders hard in free agency. they would have a tough one two punch with Sanders and Crabtree.

Penman96

Reaction score
Let them sign Bennett.

SF already have a good pass rush, so if they want to blow 7 or 8 million in cap room for a skill set they already have that's fine by us. If it was talent they wanted to aquire they could have had him last year when he was having trouble finding work.

I have a suspicion it's our defensive scheme that makes Bennett and other players look good, and people will be surprised at how we can swap players in and out without skipping a beat (Browner / Thurmond / Maxwell or Wright / Irvin / Smith for example...).

Do we sign Jared Allen to make up for losing Bennett then? Sounds OK to me. Next man up.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
With what money? They are up against the cap, Kaepernick, Crabtree and Aldon are due extensions. Boldin and Whitner are free agents. They have a tough decision with Gore. That team needs to get younger and cheaper, not older.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if the 9ers dealt Aldon Smith away. Huge talent, tiny brain, which makes him a nice fit in SF, but who knows what SF knows? Smith's legal troubles are adding up and he may end up missing significant playing time either through jail, when the Goodell hammer comes down, or possibly both.