Not Blaming The D

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Says the guy who calls people losers if they have ANYTHING bad to say about Geno Montana.

94Smith

Reaction score
When you get beat bad , you can't place blame on one side or the other. It was both sides plus the coaching. But, lucky for you, when you get beat that bad it was likely an anomaly rather than "the new normal". I can't remember a Pete Carroll team not compete like that ever, so it is likely to not happen again for a long time

warden

Reaction score
Was the defense gasses in the second quarter. They had given up over a 100 yards on the ground midway through quarter.

We get it, Geno is playing poorly do we need another Geno hate thread

scutterhawk

Reaction score
It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Says the guy who calls people losers if they have ANYTHING bad to say about Geno Montana.
No, I HAVE said some negatives about his play myself, I'm just not FAKING that I want him to do better like you've been doing for weeks on end.
I'm not happy with how his play has been as of late, but I refuse to dogpile on the guy like YOU and a FEW OTHERS.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Was the defense gasses in the second quarter. They had given up over a 100 yards on the ground midway through quarter.

We get it, Geno is playing poorly do we need another Geno hate thread
PRECISELY THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, I HAVE said some negatives about his play myself, I'm just not FAKING that I want him to do better like you've been doing for weeks on end.
I'm not happy with how his play has been as of late, but I refuse to dogpile on the guy like YOU and a FEW OTHERS.
Fair enough. We can agree to disagree. I want him to win, every damn time he plays. I care about the team WINNING. No matter who is under center. Winning is the only thing that matters. Just because I think he's an average QB, that doesn't mean I hate the guy. I love Geno, I just don't think he's clutch. It's my opinion, and you have yours. ✌️

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The issue here is the fact that Geno has not looked good for quite some time now. It would be fine if it was a one off thing. The first half of 2022 is starting to look more and more like an aberration.
When his two primary Tackles went down, Geno has been playing like shit since the 2nd half of game one this season.
In Sunday's game the Ravens Top Rated 'D' took advantage of Geno and his all beat to shit O-Line (like any very good Defense will do) and I don't care how good a QB you are, you ARE NOT going to adjust your way out of a smothering attack like that.
No Effective Run game and you are a ONE DEMENSIONAL PREY.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. We can agree to disagree. I want him to win, every damn time he plays. I care about the team WINNING. No matter who is under center. Winning is the only thing that matters. Just because I think he's an average QB, that doesn't mean I hate the guy. I love Geno, I just don't think he's clutch. It's my opinion, and you have yours. ✌️
I've NEVER claimed that Geno was "Clutch"
Because I've been defending the guy, it's being assumed by yourself and a few others that I'm a Geno apologist, I AM NOT, I get pissed when he does some really dumb plays, just like the Geno bashers do, it's just that enough is enough when it comes to continually dumping on him.
He is what he is, a QB that makes some outstanding plays for my Seahawks, and then there's the Bone-Head Geno who tries too hard NOT to 'F'-up, and does something stupid & unravels a string of good plays.
But when all's said & done, he is the Seahawks Quarterback, & thus, for better or worse, he's my QB.

renofox

Reaction score
Cross played in the last few games, he's the Starting LT. They need Lucas back, BAD.
Cross has turf toe, an injury notorious for lingering for up to a year. I'll bet that's why he's not looking as good as he used to. It may end up affecting his play for quite a while.

I hope Lucas can come back strong, but there's a good chance his knee will be hampering him for a while, also.

I'm just not confident we're going to see massive improvement on the O-line, and that's not good with the QB we have.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Cross played in the last few games, he's the Starting LT. They need Lucas back, BAD.
This ^ although at this juncture, I'm having my apprehensions that he can recover enough to weather the storms that some tough opponents are going to rain down on him for the rest of the 2023 season'
He's for sure going to need a lot more help from Waldron, & the entire Offensive roster.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly why these next 2 games are huge, they flat out HAVE to win both of them, imo. Because after that: Niners, Dallas, Niners, Philly. Ouch.

If this team didn't have so much talent, it would be easier to accept. They have a ridiculous amount of talent on offense.
Side note: a-soul, that was good, Scutter. Nicely done :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

xray

Reaction score
There is plenty of blame to go around with the Hawks . It's easy to believe the hype early in the season ; until they play well balanced good teams , and get exposed . They can easily lose 4 of the last 9 games left . 10-7 season sounds about fair . imo

nwHawk

Reaction score
Anyone paying attention knows that Stone is not a run blocker. Without Bradford the right side has not been able create push since Curhan hurt his ankle. Stone is a better pass blocker that Curhan every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

You want to run the ball, I know I do, then we need a healthy Bradford and Lucas. In my opinion, when Bradford, Big Abe and Olu Olu finally get together this team is going to move people and run like hell.