New photos of Kam, looks like definitely not coming back

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Has he been cleared to workout yet?

Naturally, if he's unable to lift because of his neck, he will lose some muscle. He can gain that back, assuming he's cleared to workout.

At this point, from a human perspective, he should just step away from the game. He has nothing left to prove

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2pvcgooz said:

Naturally, if he's unable to lift because of his neck, he will lose some muscle. He can gain that back, assuming he's cleared to workout.

At this point, from a human perspective, he should just step away from the game. He has nothing left to prove

No, he hasn't been cleared for "football related activities."

What this picture tells me is Kam is healthy, in good spirits and still wants to help this team win...........just not on the field. If he's anything other than a coach and teacher for the younger players I'd be dumbfounded.

I can't see him playing again. Just no reason to risk it if you're Kam. You made your money, you got your ring, why shorten your life or risk another serious injury.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":28e3fre5 said:
Jerhawk":28e3fre5 said:

No, he hasn't been cleared for "football related activities."

What this picture tells me is Kam is healthy, in good spirits and still wants to help this team win...........just not on the field. If he's anything other than a coach and teacher for the younger players I'd be dumbfounded.

I can't see him playing again. Just no reason to risk it if you're Kam. You made your money, you got your ring, why shorten your life or risk another serious injury.

Great idea. He would make for an excellent motivator and position coach, if he chose to do so. We would all love to have him stick around the team and organization in some aspect. He's a tremendous person with an infectious attitute.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":1rironp0 said:
With the neck issues, he probably can't lift weights or do much upper body work.

Although, when I had my neck fused (C6-C7-T1), I was able to go back to work a week later. However...my job didn't entail wearing a helmet and getting my head banged at high speeds.

Don't know much about putting on muscle, but I don't think he can get back up to playing weight between now and August.
He won't know what he can do till he has a neck scan later this month..
Until then all this speculation is useless really but I understand it is boring
so it's happening.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Meh, go look through his off-season Insta for the last few years, and you will see pictures that are similar to both.

The guy isn't like Earl, who somehow always looks like he just stepped out of a upper body lifting session, even when chilling on the beach, and maintains a single digit body fat percentage during the offseason.

Kam looks a lot bigger when he is mid/post workout than when he is relaxing, and stays closer to 10% body fat in the offseason.

I would say he's dropped 5 pounds tops, if any.

April 2018
[instagram]BhKSdSkj4u2[/instagram]

June 2016
[instagram]BGqYZ81EYzA[/instagram]

May 2018
[instagram]Bj2OSipjJOd[/instagram]

July 2017
[instagram]BW8EwoGDwVS[/instagram]

July 2015
[instagram]44fhomkYw-[/instagram]

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seymour":4p7me8ig said:
SoulfishHawk":4p7me8ig said:
God, I'd love to be that "out of shape" :lol:

Dude looks to be in great shape IMO. The problem I see is clear loss of upper body mass. Shoulders, lats, neck & face are all thinner. Kams trademark shoulder exploding tackle's will not have the punch they once had for sure.

This is the elephant in the room. Neck injuries, while a person can recover from, it tends to destroy upper body strength. Manning had this issue and if you are a wrestling fan Kurt Angle speaks specifically on this.

Definitely rooting for Kam, guess we will see what happens.