NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3p6l0noi said:
Ian Furness ‏@IanKJR 2m
As @Softykjr has been saying, from my phone calls an conversations, this #Kings @sonicsarena battle may be on the verge of getting ugly.#NBA

Good. Bring it on, Stern. We'll show you ugly.

If there's one thing Seattle has plenty of, it's ugly.

LET'S GO!!!!!!

seahawk2k

Reaction score
salamander":3bblvtpt said:
TheRealDTM":3bblvtpt said:
salamander":3bblvtpt said:
I agree with you completely that you were screwed over big time. The Sonics should never have been allowed to leave Seattle. Where I disagree is using that as an excuse to screw over more people including myself who have invested so much money, emotion, passion in supporting the Sacramento Kings.

Because that's the only way to get a team, and we want one.

Fair enough...I understand it's nothing personal...As a Sacramento fan I hope you fail with the Kings, but succeed with one of the 9 teams with a smaller market than Sacramento. If Seattle does end up with the Kings, Sacramento would take your place as the largest market in the country without a team.

Its nothing personal, but it irritates me to no end when Sacramento fans act like they "earned" this and there 20 years of support are worth more than our 41. Its all equal on that end, this wasn't made an argument on our end until it was brought up on Sacramento's end.

I'd much rather have expansion than take a team from somewhere else. I think we all would. Unfortunately, the NBA is forcing Chris Hansen's hand, if the sale is approved(which it has to in order to avoid a lawsuit), its going to get ugly, and you will lose your team in far more painful fashion than what you've already been through. Looks like that's how the NBA wants to play it, so be it.

As for the Maloofs, they are a means to an end for us at this point, but I definitely get your unbridled hatred of them. I'd feel the same way.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":1n2ios3r said:
salamander":1n2ios3r said:
The Maloofs should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell

I personally think they are great people at this point in time.
I love me some Maloofs right about now

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3lex1p1z said:
Throwdown":3lex1p1z said:
salamander":3lex1p1z said:
The Maloofs should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell

I personally think they are great people at this point in time.
I love me some Maloofs right about now

Team Maloof!

team-maloof-with-stern.jpg

salamander

Reaction score
seahawk2k":194u2ska said:
Its nothing personal, but it irritates me to no end when Sacramento fans act like they "earned" this and there 20 years of support are worth more than our 41. Its all equal on that end, this wasn't made an argument on our end until it was brought up on Sacramento's end.

I'd much rather have expansion than take a team from somewhere else. I think we all would. Unfortunately, the NBA is forcing Chris Hansen's hand, if the sale is approved(which it has to in order to avoid a lawsuit), its going to get ugly, and you will lose your team in far more painful fashion than what you've already been through. Looks like that's how the NBA wants to play it, so be it.

As for the Maloofs, they are a means to an end for us at this point, but I definitely get your unbridled hatred of them. I'd feel the same way.

Fair enough, I would be the first to agree that all things being equal Seattle should have a team over Sacramento. If neither city had a team it would be a no brainer to put a team in Seattle. However, the team is already in Sacramento and has been for 30 years. I don't think it's in the best interest of the NBA to move teams unless they absolutely have to. They end up alienating millions of fans. There are 9 other teams currently in smaller markets than Sacramento and Sacramento has a history of supporting the team, so I really don't think its the area or the fans that are the problem.

dunceface

Reaction score
Blitzer88 said:
salamander":8plnbbkn said:
seahwk2k":8plnbbkn said:
We're getting screwed because we lost out to a far inferior offer in every way, shape or form. We lost because Stern decided Sacramento wasn't leaving, a luxury we were not afforded. Sacramento offered a flimsy, financially limited ownership group and an arena deal built on funny money.

You should realize you were given a gift and thank your lucky stars, Sacramento didn't earn this, despite what your mayor insists.

Btw, our 41 years of outstanding fan support didn't matter, so why should yours?

You were screwed big time and fan support should matter. It was BS how you were treated. But how does it benefit anyone if that precedence is used as excuse to screw over other fans moving forward?
Its bad for fans and for the NBA if fans can't trust that their team will remain in their city. It's also bad precedence when an owner can simply neglect / mismanage a team and then use lack of support as an excuse to move the team.

Hmmmm.......kinda what Clay did to our Sonics the last 3 years they were here?

I don't get why everyone expects us to give a shit about the sentimental argument for keeping the kings where they are or feel bad that the fans are getting blamed for the poor state of the franchise because no one gave a shit when it happened to us and the same BS rehtoric was flying around to cover up the ugly side of these backroom agreements.
Its time to flame everyone standing in the way including the mostly innocent increasingly antagonistic kings fans!
I give up when Hansen does.

[youtube]a7jJnwEeiU0[/youtube]

salamander

Reaction score
dunceface":33koav4p said:
I don't get why everyone expects us to give a shit about the sentimental argument for keeping the kings where they are or feel bad that the fans are getting blamed for the poor state of the franchise because no one gave a shit when it happened to us and the same BS rehtoric was flying around to cover up the ugly side of these backroom agreements.
Its time to flame everyone standing in the way including the mostly innocent increasingly antagonistic kings fans!

Like having your home burgled and then robbing someone else to replace what was taken.

Shaz

Reaction score
I don't care about Sacramento's fans

I gave a crap before but after this whole process, the only way Seattle is getting a team is if we play dirty

Game on NBA, you messed with the wrong group

Scorched Earth, destroy everyone

purpleworld

Reaction score
Shaz":3ujysrbk said:

I gave a crap before but after this whole process, the only way Seattle is getting a team is if we play dirty

Yup....Game on!!!

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
Shaz":37g4zl34 said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that most Sactoens are ninner fans :twisted:

Sac

Reaction score
grizbob":i0ro0g0f said:
Shaz":i0ro0g0f said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that most Sactoens are ninner fans :twisted:

Unfortunately.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
salamander":3ll09t1u said:
dunceface":3ll09t1u said:

Like having your home burgled and then robbing someone else to replace what was taken.

No. In 2008, we were told relocating a team with a 41-year history to a one-sport town was absolutely the right thing to do, and it was voted on unanimously. Now, moving a many-times-moved team back to a built-in, well established fan base in a larger market, under a near-perfect stadium and ownership deal is absolutely wrong?

Sorry. Not buying that.

salamander

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1wrvegr7 said:
No. In 2008, we were told relocating a team with a 41-year history to a one-sport town was absolutely the right thing to do, and it was voted on unanimously. Now, moving a many-times-moved team back to a built-in, well established fan base in a larger market, under a near-perfect stadium and ownership deal is absolutely wrong?

Sorry. Not buying that.

In 2008 you were screwed...Screwing another city now may be the path forward for you, but I don't think anyone would call it absolutely the right thing to do. The Kings have been in Sacramento for 30 years and have a well established fan base in a market larger than 9 other teams in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts