NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laloosh

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1v6sloy6 said:
Sorry Sonic fans.

But that was just the recommendation, right? Owners themselves still have to vote? Maybe just a sliver of hope left.

12 owners that made that recommendation unanimously. Pretty dead deal. Unless Chris still wants to go through w/ the purchase, keep the team in Sacramento and then move them in a year or so when the city won't build the arena he demands (Bennett style).

I suppose he could say "yeah, I'm willing to pay for a building in Seattle because the team will actually make money up there..."

drdiags

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":9l61ohmf said:
JSeahawks":9l61ohmf said:
Sorry Sonic fans.

But that was just the recommendation, right? Owners themselves still have to vote? Maybe just a sliver of hope left.

Only 8 owners need to vote against it next month to kill it, and 12 just committed to it.

Isn't relocation majority vote? I think purchase is 75%. So to be real dicks, they could turn down relocation put approve the purchase, which nobody expects to happen.

Just rumblings of a mad man.

Sac

Reaction score
I feel you Blitzer, but I've taken my lumps on here over the last several months regarding this matter. If I can take some light ribbing and keep a smile is it not fair I hold that same expectation?

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1kd0yysl said:
I feel you Blitzer, but I've taken my lumps on here over the last several months regarding this matter. If I can take some light ribbing and keep a smile is it not fair I hold that same expectation?

Yeah, Sac you're good. Any of these chump ass 9er fans come in here? I might have to literally find 'em and give 'em the peoples elbow.

Sac

Reaction score
Throwdown":32kksiiw said:
SacHawk2.0":32kksiiw said:

Yeah, Sac you're good. Any of these chump ass 9er fans come in here? I might have to literally find 'em and give 'em the peoples elbow.

I would help you with that.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sac is stuck with the Kings. If anything we should all be ridiculing him.

Hopefully Seattle will get another option sometime soon.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
JSeahawks":n090hllt said:

I don't see this happening. NBA is never coming to Seattle again.

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2hne5lcw said:

I dunno man, I think its over for the NBA in Seattle, they dropped a bomb on the bridge. Hansen may never give up, but I think the fans are just about ready.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it matters but

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 2m
More: RT @kcrabienick: #NBA says only relo committee voted today. So that makes 7 votes -- not 12.

Throwdown

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3rbcx1h0 said:

More: RT @kcrabienick: #NBA says only relo committee voted today. So that makes 7 votes -- not 12.

So all they need is one outside owner to say no?

Its ova

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Stern and company can eat a giant bag of hairy dicks.

The level of injustice is astounding. One thing that I don't hear anyone mentioning is what about the 30 million Hansen and company gave to the Maloofs making their contract binding? I could see the potential for some legal action ahead.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Throwdown":22evzy10 said:
JSeahawks":22evzy10 said:

I dunno man, I think its over for the NBA in Seattle, they dropped a bomb on the bridge. Hansen may never give up, but I think the fans are just about ready.

Yeah, they said no to the best deal they're ever going to see from Seattle. Unless Hansen turns this into a personal mission in life, no way. (IMHO)

Blitzer88

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":12g79vzw said:

Doesn't matter at all, its over.

Thanks Chris, Steve and the Nordstroms for all the time and effort you put fourth. You could not do anything more and were stilled screwed............

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hopefully Sac names it's new arena Jenny Craig Pavillion becuase all they will do there is Lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.