NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Blitzer88":qyfeox3s said:
The Outfield":qyfeox3s said:
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 2m
Ballmer displayed zero optimism expansion will be offered. Said that he just doesn't think the NBA will share the revenue pie w/more teams.

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 53s
In the midst of his "venting" on the phone, Ballmer did say he feels terrible for Seattle NBA fans for having their hopes dashed again.

We were just a pawn in the NBA's game.....nothing more, nothing less. We really never had a chance.

You're probably right.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
T-Sizzle":31q5irep said:
Basketball sucks....only wanted a Hockey team anyways. Oh well.

I wanted a hockey team here badly. Very badly. Basketball is about on par with baseball to me, but it was obvious from the start that the Sonics were the only way to make that happen. I have been a Sonics supporter for a long time, but that was at least as much a source of my support for this move as any love for the Sonics.

And now Basketball is dead again to me.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3v03jkai said:
Hansen's fatal mistake was not realizing honesty and transparency were NOT traits David Stern values in NBA franchise leadership.

Yep.

He should have bought the Kings with the understanding to stay(lied).

Then asked them to build a 100% publicly funded $600 million dollar arena(fake plan).

Which would get turned down instantly(which everyone knew would happen).

He could then move the team saying the state and city won't cooperate!! Didn't we learn anything from Bennett?

The Outfield

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":xnlx8wk9 said:
T-Sizzle":xnlx8wk9 said:

I wanted a hockey team here badly. Very badly. Basketball is about on par with baseball to me, but it was obvious from the start that the Sonics were the only way to make that happen. I have been a Sonics supporter for a long time, but that was at least as much a source of my support for this move as any love for the Sonics.

I still very much enjoy college basketball when it's either the Huskies playing or the tournament.

drdiags

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2wmlmb74 said:
T-Sizzle":2wmlmb74 said:

Off-topic. I thought you were heading south permanently. Is that still the case?

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I'm not even a basketball guy, but I still wanted the Sonics back. This pisses me off. Doubly pissed off because no NHL either.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drdiags":1myw5p63 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1myw5p63 said:
T-Sizzle":1myw5p63 said:

Off-topic. I thought you were heading south permanently. Is that still the case?

In case he doesnt get back to this thread, that was just an April fools joke he was playin on us. I believe that was Stallone's house (or somebody similar) that he told us he was moving in to.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
drdiags":tc9bt073 said:
Seahawk Sailor":tc9bt073 said:
T-Sizzle":tc9bt073 said:

Naw, that was a brilliantly successful April Fool's joke.

And basketball is still dead to me.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sorry Sonic fans.

But that was just the recommendation, right? Owners themselves still have to vote? Maybe just a sliver of hope left.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2txwe5xv said:
Sorry Sonic fans.

But that was just the recommendation, right? Owners themselves still have to vote? Maybe just a sliver of hope left.

No, its over................

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1g7pka4m said:
Sorry Sonic fans.

Only 8 owners need to vote against it next month to kill it, and 12 just committed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.