NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1113t89f said:
The Outfield":1113t89f said:
Seahawk Sailor":1113t89f said:
Obviously it wasn't Stern. Couldn't have been. I mean, wasn't the return of the Sonics supposed to be his last hoo-rah? The vote was unanimous, after all.

Bennett.

Yea, that vote was unanimous too.

What I mean is that he heads the relocation committee. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to extensive efforts to get everyone to vote for Sac.

Zybot

Reaction score
Is it illegal to send dog poop in the mail? Serious question.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Love this...

NOT SportsCenter NBA ‏@TheNBAonNOTSC 39m
BREAKING: Bad news for the City of Sacramento, they will unfortunately keep the #Kings. Have to feel bad for those fans.

vedthree

Reaction score
Words can't express how disappointed and pissed off I am right now.

But before I completely throw in the towel I want to hear from Hansen/Ballmer and see if something else shakes out from the BOG meeting. On Hansen's side, there's just too much work & investment already made for him to let this drop - the land's been purchased, the agreements with the city for the arena are all hammered out.

The Owners are going to vote for what makes them the most $$$ in the long-run. As has been said, this probably gave Sacramento a bigger edge than we realized - allowing the move after Sacto had bent over backwards to come up with a viable (although not nearly as good) offer to keep the team would've destroyed the NBA's leverage in any future arena/relocation dispute. They could always point to Seattle as an example of "you don't do business with us, and we're gone" well, if they left Sacto, then any city could simply say, "and even if we do work with you, we can get screwed"

But still - the situation here in Seattle is so strong, the ownership group is loaded, the market is swimming in dough ... getting a team back here is nothing but a $$$$ rain-shower for the League.

Stern is the only one that has acted like expansion's not an options (and he's a smarmy 2-faced bastard and was probably trying to keep the pressure on both bidders) I still can't believe that the owners would be so short-sighted to rule out expansion as well at this point.

That's what I'm still hoping happens - we get the immediate guarantee of an expansion team that starts play in a year. That's the way it should've been ever since Hansen stepped up.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Worst thing is.........what does Chris Hansen do? I doubt he just sits around and waits on the land he has bought, plus mayor McGinn may not be re-elected as his opponent is very anti-arena thus causing it to become much harder to pass in the near future. I hate David Stern, knew he would screw us again!

The Outfield

Reaction score
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 6m
Just got off the phone with Steve Ballmer. He is "horribly, horribly disappointed" in this news.

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 3m
Steve was incredibly emotional on the phone. He and the group will continue their communication w/Stern and the NBA.

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 2m
Ballmer said that he and Chris Hansen and the rest of the group will put their heads together and see if there is a reasonable next step.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This makes no sense to me. The city of Sacramento has shown almost no love for Kings for the last few years (I know, I live and hour away) and then all of a sudden they love the Kings because they are leaving. Of course there are the die hard fans who have been true, but mostly people couldn't care less about the Kings. Except now people are throwing money and their voices all over the place to try and keep them.

Give it a year or two and they'll go back to the way things were.

This is pathetic.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
What about the possibility of the Bucks moving to Seattle?

Should we even get our hopes up?

Also, David Stern...

[youtube]-JFfN5pKzFU[/youtube]

The Outfield

Reaction score
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 2m
Ballmer told me that he can't imagine that the city of Seattle will ever have a stronger case and a better situation to acquire a team.

Msfann

Reaction score
I've said all along that it feels like the NBA is using Seattle to force other teams into building new arena's and then we'll maybe eventually get a bone thrown our way.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The Outfield":34la8f23 said:
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 6m
Just got off the phone with Steve Ballmer. He is "horribly, horribly disappointed" in this news.

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 3m
Steve was incredibly emotional on the phone. He and the group will continue their communication w/Stern and the NBA.

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 2m
Ballmer said that he and Chris Hansen and the rest of the group will put their heads together and see if there is a reasonable next step.

Its over...........NBA is dead.

And that last line worries me the most, will out their heads together and see "IF" there is a nest step. "IF" their isn't say goodbye to Ballmer and Hansen.

Subzero717

Reaction score
The citizens of Sacramento are the ones who suffer. A broke city spending money to build an arena they can't fill. Ask their neighbor in Modesto how that went.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If I were in charge of KOMO right now I'd be pre-empting every NBA playoff game on ABC the rest of the season with local programming.

The Outfield

Reaction score
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 2m
Ballmer displayed zero optimism expansion will be offered. Said that he just doesn't think the NBA will share the revenue pie w/more teams.

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 53s
In the midst of his "venting" on the phone, Ballmer did say he feels terrible for Seattle NBA fans for having their hopes dashed again.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The Outfield":13jxnl9z said:
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 2m
Ballmer displayed zero optimism expansion will be offered. Said that he just doesn't think the NBA will share the revenue pie w/more teams.

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 53s
In the midst of his "venting" on the phone, Ballmer did say he feels terrible for Seattle NBA fans for having their hopes dashed again.

We were just a pawn in the NBA's game.....nothing more, nothing less. We really never had a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts