NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Pstark3":185w0pt3 said:
Stern basically just said getting a team in Seattle will be up to Silver

What happened to all that bullshit about Stern and his legacy and being determined to get a team back in Seattle before he retires. What a load of horse shit. THat guy can go die in a fire.

Msfann

Reaction score
Heh when he was asked if Seattle was used as a pawn to get sac to build a new arena. spit seconds before he gave his lamedick answer his head nodded.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
yaknow until today I was willing to give stern the benefit of the doubt based on the fact that seattle government didn't make it easy in 2008.

However his feigned ignorance and smug arrogance and opening remark about OKC makes me realize he's not worth a stream of piss.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 33s
Paul Allen voted for relocation. #NBASeattle

Msfann

Reaction score
Well if this sticks like this the nba just cost the Maloofs 100 million dollars, while breaking a binding agreement. i hope they both sue the piss out of them. i don't care if we don't get a team anymore. burn the league down in court.

Msfann

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":xeo2bqb1 said:

:th2thumbs: to Mr Allen!

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":13b7b8ch said:

Great guy and without Allen the Seahawks probably aren't here either. Love ya Paul.

cesame

Reaction score
Stern bent Sacramento over and Sacramento did what they had to do to keep the team in Sacramento (build a new arena). That's what this came down to.

vedthree

Reaction score
Too pissed off to write coherently at this point ... but these are the thoughts floating in my head.

1. He still has to get the Maloofs to sell to make this whole thing happen. Can't force them to do that. No direct response about the back-up offer.

2. Danced around expansion the expansion question, then Silver jumped in and sounded much more upbeat about it.

So here's what I'm thinking - even if H/B/N have a solid guarantee of expansion, they can't come out and announce it now, because the NBA still needs to keep the pressure on Sacto & the Maloofs to make that deal come together. They'll keep it under wraps until the sale to Sacto is signed, sealed & delivered.

We've got to see what (if any) reaction H/B/N have to the news. If they stay quiet, or issue a low key and/or cooperative toned response, then I think there's still a good chance a back-door expansion deal has been brokered.

If HBN have the same type of reaction they had to the Committee vote .... then look out. That means the fireworks are coming.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
The vote wasn't even to move the team to Seattle but instead was "Is Sacramento able to keep the team and create a new arena?"

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Done. I'll come back around on this in a couple years when they "consider" expansion. Until then, not going to waste another second thinking about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.