Oakland A's have a better BA than M's

Crizilla

Reaction score
That's right folks. It's official now. The Oakland A's, a team that is basically non existent with only 10 wins, on the cusp of relocating, basically a minor league team right now, has a better team batting average than your Seattle Mariners. It won't happen, but M's fans should grow a pair and start booing at home games.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
That's right folks. It's official now. The Oakland A's, a team that is basically non existent with only 10 wins, on the cusp of relocating, basically a minor league team right now, has a better team batting average than your Seattle Mariners. It won't happen, but M's fans should grow a pair and start booing at home games.
You should go to the game and boo..take a pic cause we want to see it.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
M's twitter says "most handsome team in baseball". They put a Storm jersey on Griffey's statue. Home run props. Etc. Sure sounds like a team that wants to win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
John Stanton wants to win but only at his price. Nothing more.
This ownership group needs to follow the examples of the ownership of Kraken and Seahawks. The Mariners road to success SHOULD be easier because there is no salary cap in MLB.

The crying “poverty” or “smaller market” doesn’t fly either as Seattle made MORE MONEY than EVERY TEAM is baseball last year. It’s time for Mr. Stanton to find his checkbook and wallet and start spending.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Here's something good for a wry laugh. From Seattle Times in April 2016:

Excerpts (emphasis mine):

Stanton, 60, could bring the long-awaited local presence and accountability many frustrated fans have clamored for from a struggling team with baseball’s longest playoff drought. The dramatic announcement of the sale culminated more than two years of drama and behind-the-scenes maneuvering that accelerated the past few months.

The number one goal of this ownership team is to win a World Series,’’ Stanton said. “We want to win a World Series here in Seattle and have a parade and celebration for that event. I think that it’s time that we had that accomplishment. It’s something that I know all of our fans — and, most of all, every person in this organization — … want nothing more in their lives than to see …’’

Stanton says the team’s leadership — including president Kevin Mather, general manager Jerry Dipoto and manager Scott Servais — will remain in place and should benefit from the support of an ownership group that believes “payroll matters” in building a winner.

To their credit, the Ms did get to the playoffs last season. But this season, one wonders if Stanton just stopped being a fan of the team, being all business instead. Paul Allen was always a fan of the Seahawks and Trailblazers, and both teams flourished, particularly the Seahawks. Granted, the NFL has a salary cap, but Paul brought in Carrol and Schneider and with Paul's passion for the team, the whole thing just clicked.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Here's something good for a wry laugh. From Seattle Times in April 2016:

Excerpts (emphasis mine):

To their credit, the Ms did get to the playoffs last season. But this season, one wonders if Stanton just stopped being a fan of the team, being all business instead. Paul Allen was always a fan of the Seahawks and Trailblazers, and both teams flourished, particularly the Seahawks. Granted, the NFL has a salary cap, but Paul brought in Carrol and Schneider and with Paul's passion for the team, the whole thing just clicked.
I believe he’s a fan of the team and wants to win. I don’t doubt that for a minute, but it comes with a caveat. He wants to win only under his budgetary rules and restraints. Therein lies the rub.

Chapow

Reaction score
Philly fans boo'd last year they then made a coaching change and then went on a world series run. Sometimes the fans are right.

Are you implying that the reason they made a coaching change, and then made the world series is because the fans booed?

You do realize that fans in Philly always boo their sports teams, right? Imagine if they fired coaches every time fans booed. They'd be firing coaches left and right.

bileever

Reaction score
Fire everyone! Burn the place to the ground! Oh, sorry, got carried away. What I meant to say is, can we make Jared Kellenic the hitting coach? He might add 150 points to everyone's batting average.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Are you implying that the reason they made a coaching change, and then made the world series is because the fans booed?

You do realize that fans in Philly always boo their sports teams, right? Imagine if they fired coaches every time fans booed. They'd be firing coaches left and right.
Yeah I know. Philly fans are annoying but they knew Giradi wasn't taking them anywhere. Ive already heard Ms fans boo Wong earlier in the year. A little more won't hurt.