M's offense is, once again, heinously bad...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The front office tried to create this narrative that strikes out were the issue. Yes that was part of the issue, but getting rid of two guys who were hitting in the middle of your order isn’t going to solve it. Geno and Teo were two of our better players. We never even replaced Geno and Haniger most likely gets injured at some point this season.

The offense had red flags all over it before the season began. Can you imagine what it will be like if Julio or Cal miss time?

No idea of what’s up with Polanco, but I’m getting Frazier and Wong vibes from him.

The organization is cheap. It’s hard to support a business that doesn’t care.

bobsuncle

Reaction score
The FO is all about band aids and not really fixing the issue, and that's ok. They're running a business, and we should be thankful they're in it for 54% win margin.

They have to be given some credit for trying to put together a decent pitching staff though, but that alone isn't going to get them into the playoffs, but it should get them 54% win rate.

beastalamode

Reaction score
It's cool that some are not going to spend a dime on the team, that's your right. But it's also cool that some people like going to games.
Actually it's kinda uncool imo. Ya'll are hurting the rest of us that want a competitive team and not just bobbleheads and hydros

beastalamode

Reaction score
It's good to have some people stop supporting if more pressure is needed on the ownership to change their philosophy, but we don't want too many people to stop or else they might consider moving the team lol

We are the #12 baseball market, we would have a new team within a decade with a better owner because lets be honest, anyone is better than the clown we have.

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
View attachment 65758

We are the #12 baseball market, we would have a new team within a decade with a better owner because lets be honest, anyone is better than the clown we have.

We're also a top 15 basketball market. How's that working out?

Nobody should be hoping we lose the Mariners unless you're just so bitter at the M's that you just don't want a MLB team here at all out of spite. The most likely scenario if we lost the M's, would be very similar to the Sonics situation. Years go by with nothing but rumors and speculation. Maybe an investment group forms, but nothing comes of it. Next thing you know we're coming up on 20 years later and there's still no team coming to Seattle anytime soon as far as we know.

Also, while there have been talks that MLB might be looking to expand from 30 teams to 32 teams, even if they do that sometime soon, that's only 2 more teams. Charlotte, Montreal, Nashville, Orlando, Portland, Raleigh, and Salt Lake City are all trying to get MLB teams. That's a lot of competition, and MLB may very well prefer a new market (even if it's smaller) than a market that is perceived to have failed. We just don't know, but I can absolutely guarantee you that market size is not the only factor.

You might be willing to take that risk, but there's no way in hell I would.

NoGain

Reaction score
Leave it to the Mariners to come out of the gate hitting far below par to bring all the doubters and irate fans out in full force.

Come on. Start hitting with some consistency. Please.

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
For most teams, the top priority in the off season is to improve the team as much as possible. To build the best roster they can. Even teams that were already very good are trying to get better.

For the Mariners, the top priority in the off season was shedding player salary.

Crizilla

Reaction score
For most teams, the top priority in the off season is to improve the team as much as possible. To build the best roster they can. Even teams that were already very good are trying to get better.

For the Mariners, the top priority in the off season was shedding player salary.
They're saving up to sign Luiz Arraez.... Late April fools joke

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Actually it's kinda uncool imo. Ya'll are hurting the rest of us that want a competitive team and not just bobbleheads and hydros
What are you even talking about? This team pisses me off as much as anyone. If someone wants to go see the games, that's their choice, you don't like it, too bad.
Just like if someone chooses to never go, that's their choice.

beastalamode

Reaction score
What are you even talking about? This team pisses me off as much as anyone. If someone wants to go see the games, that's their choice, you don't like it, too bad.
Just like if someone chooses to never go, that's their choice.
Correct, everyone does have a choice. The choices people in Seattle have made have led to an owner that profited around 160 million in the last 2 years, and that's not even counting the increased value of the team over those 2 years. This owner is still raking in crazy amounts of money because these people don't hold his cheapness to account. I'm sorry if my previous words caused you pain.

joeosprey

Reaction score
the 2024 mariners will be dreadfully bad after which jerry dipoto will get fired

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Correct, everyone does have a choice. The choices people in Seattle have made have led to an owner that profited around 160 million in the last 2 years, and that's not even counting the increased value of the team over those 2 years. This owner is still raking in crazy amounts of money because these people don't hold his cheapness to account. I'm sorry if my previous words caused you pain.
Nobody is letting anyone do anything. It doesn't cause me one speck of pain. I don't care one bit what you think of my opinion.
I'm gonna' go to a few games a year,always have, always will. Sorry you don't like it, sorry it hurts your feels. This team sucks.

But go ahead and stand on your box and tell everyone I'M PROTESTING, LOOK AT ME!!!! EVERYONE ELSE IS STUPID FOR NOT PROTESTING LIKE ME!!!

If that's your jam, so be it. I actually find it humorous. I tried to claim I was protesting, briefly, it didn't work.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Translation: I don't give two sh*** if you protest and/or don't go. You don't give two sh*** if I DO go.

Doesn't seem very hard to do the math. You do it your way, I do it mine. Nothing wrong with EITHER choice. Might be time to switch to Decaf.