More moving on from Lynch news..

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't give a half damn what anybody says; if we do (hopefully so ridiculous, not gonna happen in a million years type ridiculous) move on from Marshawn, I will ride the LeGarrette Blount train, both literally and figuratively, until it goes of the track at which point I will pick it up, pick it up, pick it up.

HawkWow

Reaction score
AgentDib":2qafnthu said:
I imagine Gurley will still be very interesting to teams. Everybody likes a bargain and with the injury every team in the league is going to be convincing themselves they can end up with a top tier talent for cheap. I bet somebody will bite on him in the back half of the first round.

For sure. MaGahee was still drafted in the first and that well before the killer stuff surgeons have going with knees today. Someone above said there's a 7th rd back out there that would be a nice fit for us. I agree. But let's not send the scouts to find him that brought us Michael. They'll come back with a table tennis guy or something. Worst case scenario (for me) should we lose Lynch, it will have to be Turbin and Michael. I can't see passing on OL unless it's DL, maybe TE.

jake206

Reaction score
Offseason is going to be painful, if these rumors start being replayed every hour. Its in-season, and its already grating.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I just want Schneider to extend Marshawn right NOW just to shut everyone up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The one issue I am having is that Pete Carroll could alleviate all of this by taking Marshawn into his office and having a talk with him. Tell him to ignore the noise and they have no problems with him.

Seriously, if Lynch is saying that to the media, than he feels that. The way he is playing for us, there is no way he should be made to feel like that. I don't believe the FO is blabbing like that punk Rapoport is saying, but I do believe they could be doing more to make Lynch feel like he's wanted.

As for keeping him, we have him under contract one more year. I honestly can't see us not giving him at least that year. If it was me, I'd see if there was more TC drama next year, then see how he holds up for half the year. If he's playing at the same level, I offer him a 3 year deal with the guaranteed all in year 1.

He's effective, and he can remain effective. We're seeing flashes from Michael, and I'm hoping that he starts to "get it" the more he plays in a real game. We can preserve Lynch by splitting his carries up, and ease Michael in more and more. Both backs will be effective this way and it doesn't hurt our offensive identity.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe they should be reporting stuff like THIS.....

Crazy! So I'm at the shell station in Marysville. I'm getting in my car when I see a giant Mercedez van pull up playing music super loud. Marshawn Lynch jumps out and walks into the store. I thought about asking for a picture but was in my work clothes and decided not to bother him. I leave to go pick up Junior.... What I didn't know was that I dropped my wallet. When I got home about 10 minutes later my neighbor knocks on door. She told me I would never guess who brought this to her.... I had no clue, but when she said Marshawn Lynch I was shocked ! I guess I was so distracted by the van pulling up I dropped my wallet. My neighbor said Marshawn, Ricardo Lockette and a cameraman were headed to Marysville Pilchuck and decided to bring it to me on the way there. My neighbor tried asking for a pic but they politely refused and their only concern was that I got my wallet back. I can't thank them guys enough for bringing it back and for making my neighbor a very happy lady for getting to a chance to meet them.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... gh-school/

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1yc97jiz said:
Maybe they should be reporting stuff like THIS.....

Crazy! So I'm at the shell station in Marysville. I'm getting in my car when I see a giant Mercedez van pull up playing music super loud. Marshawn Lynch jumps out and walks into the store. I thought about asking for a picture but was in my work clothes and decided not to bother him. I leave to go pick up Junior.... What I didn't know was that I dropped my wallet. When I got home about 10 minutes later my neighbor knocks on door. She told me I would never guess who brought this to her.... I had no clue, but when she said Marshawn Lynch I was shocked ! I guess I was so distracted by the van pulling up I dropped my wallet. My neighbor said Marshawn, Ricardo Lockette and a cameraman were headed to Marysville Pilchuck and decided to bring it to me on the way there. My neighbor tried asking for a pic but they politely refused and their only concern was that I got my wallet back. I can't thank them guys enough for bringing it back and for making my neighbor a very happy lady for getting to a chance to meet them.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... gh-school/

http://deadspin.com/marshawn-lynch-drove-to-a-guys-house-to-return-his-wall-1660572288

Zr4i4blcggbg8hml4kqt

Poster JustinJump summates this story quite nicely:
No assumptions needed, Marshawn Lynch is just that dude. He hates the media, he keeps to himself. He snubbed the President of the United States of America and then willfully went to the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards, to willfully leap into a vat of slime. To the delight of the children.

Marshawn is that dude.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":300qmk2p said:
It would be stupid.

Lynch had a bad day. We lost. It isn't a coincidence.

Lynch can carry this team. Wilson is a good QB, maybe even a great QB.

But he has been given 2 chances to win the game this year and drive the team down for the winning score. Once in SD and once in KC. Both times he couldn't.

Wilson simply isn't the kind of QB that can put his team on his back and win in spite of substandard OL or substandard WRs. Losing Lynch would mean this team would revert to being a very average team and likely would mean Wilson would turn into a very average QB. It wouldn't even be his fault. Wilson is simply not a Steve Young or Joe Montana transcendent QB, he needs help. He is a matchup nightmare, but only if you have a running game.

Wilson is a perfect fit for this team and this offense, but only with Lynch. The moment we lose Lynch we go from being one of the better teams in the NFC to being a bit better than middle of the road.

Getting rid of Lynch would be as smart a decision as trading for Percy Harvin. Anotherwords, it would be terminally stupid.
You'd be amazed at how wrong you are if we actually drafted differently for the OL and get a big receiver. Wilson has no safety valve. Basically take a cue from what New Orleans has done for Drew Brees. The OL has to be able to pass block for more then 2 seconds for any quarterback to have consistent success. As is it without Wilson and some statue back there we're at the bottom of the league record wise.

The more I think about it the more I think this whole mess is on Pete and his insane conservatism on offense in an age that the rules demand and support high flying offense that can run WHEN needed not required.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Funny, I always see "sources say" this and that, but the majority of the time the sources always seem wrong.

Everyone sees the team needs to make some changes this offseason (reload on D-line depth and look at some O-line and TE help and maybe make a play at a #1 type WR if someone becomes avalible), but until we see what the number is on Wilson's new contract (I would guess he gets paid somewhere in the top 4-7 money, unless this team just turns it on the next 6 weeks, which I really don't see at this point) it's hard to guess what the team will do with Lynch and to guess what Lynch is thinking is a joke, no one really knows what's going on in his head.

I could see the team moving on from Lynch, but I could just as easily see the team reworking his deal for next season and adding a year and not worrying about a new RB until 2016 season if Lynch finishes the season strong. Really there are to many variables at this point.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2p7yfufu said:
I just want Schneider to extend Marshawn right NOW just to shut everyone up.

I could understand reworking his deal but other than to just shut everyone up, it would make little sense (imo) to extend Marshawn at this time. With a year left on his deal, and he a year older, I sincerely doubt we'd be in danger of anyone offering 'shawn more than what we would. Now, obviously that doesn't mean (post '15) he wouldn't bolt anyway, but still the way (imo) for us to play this hand.

And who knows...IF there is an actual leak, maybe this is the motive for that leak. Shed a less than favorable light on the moody Marshawn, then rework his deal, offering him 15 for 3 (?).

The FO has created themselves a real dilemma here. They have to come up with an assload of money very soon. Certainly they felt Michael was going to be part of that solution...but still, Michael appears to be more of a question than answer.

OTOH, maybe the FO does feel Michael is ready and we are all incorrect in thinking he's not, when in fact they are just getting what they can out of ML, while preserving CM. Longshot, imo, but it actually makes more sense than about anything else and would explain why Pete (whoever) really has no desire to speak with Marshawn about his future in Seattle. As much as I love Lynch and dread his ultimate departure, I certainly hope this is the case.