“They wanted it more.”

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
Damn man, you're on a roll today.

Because I saw this coming a mile away when we had that horrible draft, the D-Line wasn't addressed with great talent and instead we went with morally upstanding citizens.... Which is what you don't want on the Line.

strohmin

Reaction score
Because I saw this coming a mile away when we had that horrible draft, the D-Line wasn't addressed with great talent and instead we went with morally upstanding citizens.... Which is what you don't want on the Line.
What makes you believe that Jalen Carter would still look the way he does on this team? I have a feeling that he would look just as lost on this d-line given how bad our coaching is. It wont matter who we draft if our coaches dont use them the right way and put them in a position to utilize their strengths.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
What makes you believe that Jalen Carter would still look the way he does on this team? I have a feeling that he would look just as lost on this d-line given how bad our coaching is. It wont matter who we draft if our coaches dont use them the right way and put them in a position to utilize their strengths.

No....No he wouldn't. He would be just as good as he was the first game he just had, maybe even better because he is EXACTLY that guy.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You say "I want it more" BY preparing better and BY performing better. It's not a rah-rah light switch moment after a motivational locker room speech.
Can't just say "I want it more", you actually have to go out there & "Take It", and that's probably what McVay told his guys in the locker room at half time, and then too, McVay knew by experience that Pete will very likely tell his guys at half time, "Even Keel, let's don't get cute, just stay the course".
Pete has a habit of not dialing up the heat in the 2nd half enough to match the intensity level of his opponents.
I would just love to see him hit the 'Kick Ass Nitro Switch' for teams like the Rams & 9ers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No....No he wouldn't. He would be just as good as he was the first game he just had, maybe even better because he is EXACTLY that guy.

Any positional group is only as strong as it's weakest link. So not sure how you can say this, there's no way Carter would play as well on this terrible line as he is surrounded by 3-4 All Pro's in Philly.

He'd be double and triple teamed immediately here, because there's no threat of anyone else in the interior line making the opposition's line pay for that.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't have drafted Carter, but fans can't just say "player's stats and success elsewhere = same thing would happen here."

It doesn't. At all.

strohmin

Reaction score
I dont know about that. I feel like no matter how good a player is, scheme matters alot in football. We had guys like Sheldon Richardson, Jimmy Graham, Percy Harvin, Jadaveon Clowney and maybe a few others that Im not remembering. All of whom I believe were that guy untill they got to seattle.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You're right, he probably didn't mean to say what he did. It's a worn out cliche, and yes, players will say anything to get through press conferences ("I'm only here so I don't get fined.")

But in this case, as evidenced by the stupid penalties, the lack of effort, and the behavior of some of our players along the sidelines, he was undoubtedly speaking the truth, and @AROS is correct in pointing out that Geno does, due both to the fact that he's our quarterback and one of the oldest players on the team, bear a great deal of responsibility for our not "wanting it more."
"Wanting it More" = "We Took Them For Granted.
Taking a drubbing because you penciled in a win in a Home Opener, if this ass kickin' doesn't rattle their cage I don't know what will.
Pete needs to dial up the intensity, and leave it on High for a FULL HOUR if he doesn't want to be embarrassed like that again.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Oh Swami, yer so wise.....ass

rcaido

Reaction score
Any positional group is only as strong as it's weakest link. So not sure how you can say this, there's no way Carter would play as well on this terrible line as he is surrounded by 3-4 All Pro's in Philly.

He'd be double and triple teamed immediately here, because there's no threat of anyone else in the interior line making the opposition's line pay for that.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't have drafted Carter, but fans can't just say "player's stats and success elsewhere = same thing would happen here."

It doesn't. At all.
That's why you draft Carter and then find another player to compliment him if the current players are useless...Such a high ceiling to build a defense around. Witherspoon pick still didn't make sense to me. Also the JSN pick too was a surprise. Did we really needed another WR3 at such a high pick. I get we need a replacement for Locket eventually but our pass rushing was a more pressing matter this season. We also drafted another RB. Would have been better getting a veteran RB for cheap.

Last season draft was the best draft in a very long time for the Seahawks. They drafted positions in need. Carter was just that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That's why you draft Carter and then find another player to compliment him if the current players are useless...Such a high ceiling to build a defense around. Witherspoon pick still didn't make sense to me. Also the JSN pick too was a surprise. Did we really needed another WR3 at such a high pick. I get we need a replacement for Locket eventually but our pass rushing was a more pressing matter this season. We also drafted another RB. Would have been better getting a veteran RB for cheap.

Last season draft was the best draft in a very long time for the Seahawks. They drafted positions in need. Carter was just that.

I said "doesn't mean we shouldn't have drafted him."

It's the false premise of everyone pulling a hamstring to puke up stats of his play elsewhere and thinking that equates to how well he'd play here. That's just not true. Dozens of other factors to consider.

I loved the Witherspoon pick, and I would have been fine with Carter, because it was such a premium position of need. But people continuing to run in here yelling "OMG HE HAD FOUR PRESSURES AND A SACK!" is dumb and annoying. It means very little in the context of what he'd be doing here playing next to slappies.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I agree you that players can't be getting fouls and taunting penalties. Metcalf and Diggs are supposed to be veterans.
Having said this , IMHO DK's hit on dude wasn't illegal. He wasn't even penalized. It was a legal although one might argue cheap. That Ram player will probably be watching a little closer next time.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors in the professional sports world.
Why would the defense come out on opening game so flat? Lifeless?

With all the hope we as fans have, this might just be rough season .

He got a taunting foul, so clearly the refs thought that what dk did was illegal.