Pathetic team coverage by the Seattle Times

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I subscribed to the Times digital feed for articles about the team, but this offseason has been a virtual wasteland of Seahawks news articles from the Times writers.

The most recent online article is dated June 22nd ... before that, June 16th... and befoe that, June 14th. Nothing new for 2.5 weeks!

I cancelled my digital subscription yesterday. I'm fed up.

Any other subscribers feel the same way?

I realize we're between the end of OTAs and the start of TC... but this is pathetic.
Yeah the Times is garbage. I liked the PI better way back in the 80’s and 90’s but nowadays the Times would be the last place I would look for Seahawk news

AgentDib

Reaction score
The NFL off-season has plenty going on up until late June. You have players getting re-signed, tags and extensions, then the combine, then FA and the Draft, then rookie minicamps, mandatory minicamp, and then five sets of OTA workouts through May and June.

Right now, we are in the month long gap before training camp starts where nothing happens publicly. The players get the latest playbooks at the end of June and then have a month off to vacation and study.

There's still plenty of work happening privately behind the scenes. I'd wager that these days the playbooks are entirely digital and are being updated perhaps daily as the coaches continue to study film and gameplan. However, there shouldn't be any "news" to report on if everything is going well.

If you have a monthly subscription for NFL media purposes then I'd consider dropping it at this time of year and picking it up again in August. That's what I do with my cable TV subscription.

Latest posts