Marshawn Lynch unhappy with his contract?

warden

Reaction score
rainger":254mmf25 said:
According to Brock and Danny show his mother also tweeted out something about the evil media.

This is her quote on her Facebook page

ALL I KNOW IS THE MEDIA IS THE DEVIL !!!

TXHawk

Reaction score
I don't think that the media is just making things up although they may or may not turn out to be correct about him missing mini camp. I don't doubt that Lynch is doing what he can to try to improve his contract but he really has very little leverage. When push comes to shove I doubt that Schneider will redo his contract or that Lynch will walk away from $5 million. When the bell rings for the 2014 season I expect him to be there in full Beastmode.

Rainger

Reaction score
warden":s81fn5d7 said:
rainger":s81fn5d7 said:
According to Brock and Danny show his mother also tweeted out something about the evil media.

And I agree with her big time. Society is being so corrupted and manipulated by them in every part of our lives, it is so sad.

There has not been one FACT or concrete shred of evidence that Lynch wants to re negotiate or miss mini camp or anything.

It has all been speculation by the media who make the fans think it is for real and then a whipped up feeding frenzy is created and continued by the most dishonest profession in the world. (sorry to all you journalists who are part of this site),

I am sure there is 1 or 2 honest journalist in the world.

warden

Reaction score
rainger":mec5gh2r said:
warden":mec5gh2r said:
rainger":mec5gh2r said:

And I agree with her big time. Society is being so corrupted and manipulated by them in every part of our lives, it is so sad.

There has not been one FACT or concrete shred of evidence that Lynch wants to re negotiate or miss mini camp or anything.

It has all been speculation by the media who make the fans think it is for real and then a whipped up feeding frenzy is created and continued by the most dishonest profession in the world. (sorry to all you journalists who are part of this site),

I am sure there is 1 or 2 honest journalist in the world.

Facts don't sell, drama sells

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rainger":12riisg7 said:
There has not been one FACT or concrete shred of evidence that Lynch wants to re negotiate or miss mini camp or anything..

While I agree the media is now just one big soulless cesspool of nonsense, I do think where there's smoke there's fire.

When people who know Marshawn personally are saying yeah he's not really all that happy with his contract, then there's probably some truth to all this. Guess we'll find out Monday huh?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
As others have mentioned, Lynch takes an OBSCENE amount of punishment in almost every game.

He was instrumental in getting us a SB. There can be no denying that. I will always cherish how much he busted his tail for this team and frankly, it was his BeastQuake in the playoffs that likely saved Pete's job AND started breathing life into the fire that became what we know the Seahawks to be now.

If he walked away, I would have to respect that. If he is demanding more money, I can understand it - given the wear what we ask of him puts on his body.

What I do not want is for him to end up like Earl Campbell or other battering ram type of backs....years later almost in a wheelchair before 50. He has brought so much to this team and given so much for this city (regardless of the paycheck) that I think it is unreasonable to think a life being semi-handicapped might be worth it because we paid him well (or at least the Seahawks did).

The guy should have a bronze statue in front of Clink, not have people second guessing him.

If he walks, he earned it. If he demands more money, he earned it. (Whether we pay him or not).

We got lucky to get him and we certainly should be thankful for however long he continues to play for us. And when we think back on those fond playoff and SB memories, we should probably remember that he played a large part carrying us there.

Greenhell

Reaction score
If this already hasn't been posted.

10463923_406506042824456_6019719466787802108_n.jpg

HawkWow

Reaction score
Great post twisted....but I don't think many were / are second guessing Marshawn and I can't imagine anyone wanting to see him walk, or fail to realize what he brought to this team. The casual observer will say it was the drafting of RW that put us over the top, and that certainly didn't hurt, but it was PA that put us over the top when he hired Pete. Then Pete did his over the top part by securing Marshawn, then Marshawn single-handedly removed the pu**y label that haunted this team since probably 83. Even our 05 team was seen as "soft". Lynch made us a team real players wanted to play for.

I whole heartedly agree about the bronze statue and no player again should be able to wear #24 on this team. Last night I sat thinking about who the most important player was in this team's history. I'm not about to say he's the best player in Hawk history, but I can't think of one that played a more important role to our success than Marshawn Lynch.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe.

I suppose you are more optimistic than I am.

I am betting if he held out all summer, or worse, people would start to get agitated and there would be attacks upon his character, motivations, worth and all kinds of other allusions being made. And many of those would be by supposed Seahawk fans.

It is the nature of the beast.

I am just pointing out that 15-20 years from now, Marshawn could very possibly be getting up to pain every morning long after football is over, and a good deal of that will be because of the punishment he has taken for this team up to this point. And 10-15 years from now, I am still going to remember what he sacrificed to give one of the greatest sports memories I have. So yeah, he earned the benefit of the doubt.

Either way, I was just pointing out before it started that if Lynch does these things...(holdout, retire, contact demands, etc), he probably earned the right to.

dunceface

Reaction score
So moral of the story: If it's true and where there's smoke there is indeed fire, we're ok with it.
If it's not true we're ok with it and the overactive under-informed media is doing the same thing it always do.

Sound about right?

Happy

Reaction score
marshawn singlehandedly changed the complexion of this team. I've never met the man but I love him anyway. whatever he wants to do I'm cool with it.

General Manager

Reaction score
I heard on 710 from ESPN that big play Babs talked to Lynch and he said Lynch does indeed want more money. If this is true we are talking about a restructure only, not an extension , and it remains to be seen if the Hawks are even willing to go that far.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
General Manager":3undvf0k said:
I heard on 710 from ESPN that big play Babs talked to Lynch and he said Lynch does indeed want more money. If this is true we are talking about a restructure only, not an extension , and it remains to be seen if the Hawks are even willing to go that far.

Babs appears to be the ONLY person going public saying he's talked to Marshawn (besides his mom I guess) and he unequivocally said that this is entirely about money.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wss7ygr said:
DavidSeven":2wss7ygr said:
I'm as intrigued by Michael as the next guy, but to crown him the RBOTF before he's ever played a meaningful snap seems like a bit much. Truthfully, even if he turns into an elite player, I'm not convinced he could give Seattle exactly what it wants at that position. Even with his Reggie Bushes and Christine Michaels, Pete still needs his Lendale Whites and Marshawn Lynches.

Truthfully I think C-Mike might even give us more at the position, at least as far as explosiveness through the hole. Cable's zone blocking scheme is all about getting to the designated cutback lane and hitting the 2nd level.

Of course it's a gamble, and of course I'd rather have Lynch for at least one more year. But that's more for the toughness and nastiness he brings to the offense, rather than his talent at 28.

Bottom line for me, Lynch is a top 5 back, and he's getting paid like one. So I see no reason to do anything. Locking him up til age 31 or 32 is a risk we don't need to take.

The major difference in Marshawn and CMike is that Lynch is actually a bit more tailor made for our offense.

Lynch is a RB that gets 3 yards when most backs lose 2 yards. He's less likely to take it to the house at any given time, but he almost always gets positive yardage. He also wears down a defense. When Lynch does break a run, it's usually a run that's so well blocked that most RB's would get 20, or he's broken 4-5 tackles to get that yardage (which happens more often). I'd love to see us restructure Lynch's deal, frontload some for this year, drop his cap hit next year, and add another year to the contract.....giving Lynch a bit more money and security, evening or dropping his cap hit for the Hawks, and locking him up until he's 31. He'll likely be done by 31.

CMike is more explosive. He's much more likely to make a guy miss completely than break a tackle and keep going. In a phone booth (or between the Tackles) he's half the back that Lynch is (most backs are). CM is also more explosive and much more likely to break a 40 yarder. It's not going to be like Barry Sanders as CMike can break tackles, but the effect is going to be the same; boom or bust. If we feature CMike, we're going to need to split carries with a guy like Ware, or upgrade our short passing game. We're going to lose that grind it out capability that keeps drives alive.

It's going to be fun to watch CMike, Richardson and Harvin on the field at the same time. That's a ton of explosion and speed to have to defend. We might not grind it out quite as much, but we're going to get more chunk yardage and maybe score more points.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Sounds like a non story but whatever he thinks is best, go for it.

Like has been said, I got to see the Hawks play some of the best ball I've seen and a lot of that is because of him. Memories that I'll have as long as my brain allows.

It is because of that and other things that I can sum it up in a couple words.

Respect to you Lynch. Thank You.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Marshawn plays the game because he LOVES the game. (ala, smiles while's he's running? hell yeah) He's found the perfect fit with Seattle and he's rolling with it. He's in his own world, and it ain't about the money. I'm sure he'd love more, but let's just see how it plays out. I would never hate on the guy, because he's doing it HIS way. From the pre-SB media frenzy, through the parade in Seattle, he's the kind of guy who listens to the beat of a different drum, and I respect him for it.

Latest posts