Marshawn Lynch being investigated for assault

chris98251

Reaction score
Let's see Intercom report, no sexual assault, no physical assault, not sure he did it, not sure about who was there based on what we have heard. Yet the story is everywhere.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1mk7bhr9 said:
loafoftatupu":1mk7bhr9 said:
Bob loblaw":1mk7bhr9 said:
loafoftatupu":1mk7bhr9 said:
Bob loblaw said:
Hes gotten himself in trouble just about every year since hes left Cal. Wont judge until the facts roll out but wont be at all surprised if he is charged with something. DUI's, Hit and run, Multiple weapons charges, hell why not add assault to your rap sheet.

I thought he had a single misdemeanor charge. You know, the one where the backpack, inside the trunk contained a 9mm pistol. Is there other's?

On Feb. 11, a few days after playing in the Pro Bowl, he was arrested in a Los Angeles suburb and charged with three weapons misdemeanors after a loaded 9mm semiautomatic weapon was found in the trunk of his Mercedes-Benz. Lynch is scheduled for arraignment April 2.
Oh.. I see. You are talking about charges, not actual convictions. So basically the one conviction for carrying a concealed weapon in the trunk of the car. Stuff that he didn't actually get into trouble for.

He also has the hit & run in Buffalo and the DUI in Oakland, no?
That was established a long time ago, it was the reference to multiple counts of charges, instead of convictions that I corrected. What's your point?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2dgwvjl5 said:
lsheldon":2dgwvjl5 said:
Apparently there is a female victim. Still no word on whether Marshawn was actually involved. King5 article says it occured at Marshawn's downtown apartment. Will be interesting to see how he gets into trouble for damaging his own property.

http://mynorthwest.com/174/2585151/Poli ... estigation

The incident was reported by the female victim about 12 hours after it took place at a downtown Bellevue apartment. Police say there was no domestic violence or sexual assault involved in the allegation.

http://www.king5.com/sports/Marshawn-Ly ... 83681.html

Bellevue Police said the incident allegedly happened at 2:30 a.m. Sunday at Lynch's downtown Bellevue apartment, but was reported about 12 hours later,

The female victim identified the suspect as Marshawn T. Lynch.
I don't know the law on this matter for bellevue or washington but I know that laws exist in places that makes it illegal to destroy property during an argument even if you paid for it.
It requires a DV charge to go with it (if we are talking property damage) Not just an argument. It can be a misdemeanor in that case and possibly result in anger management classes. Could also be considered malicious mischief if there wasn't any DV.

Omahawk

Reaction score
Meh. Obviously the NFL doesn't care about assault charges anymore. He could beat a woman unconscious and drag her her body around and just get 2 games. I think between Michael and Turbin, we'd be fine for 2 games. Heck, they'd probably even let him pick which two games he wanted to sit out, might even count the bye week as one.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Anyone bringing up the "hit and run" as if it illustrates a pattern of behavior obviously doesn't know much about that overblown incident.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Has anyone brought up the fact that Lynch was suppose to be in the team hotel in Kirkland for his curfew at 2:00am?

This is going to blow up even more if he was not only involved in an assault, but he was out of his room after curfew.

the ditch

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3k6qcsf3 said:
Has anyone brought up the fact that Lynch was suppose to be in the team hotel in Kirkland for his curfew at 2:00am?

This is going to blow up even more if he was not only involved in an assault, but he was out of his room after curfew.

I love Marshawn's attitude on the field and his play but it seems he constantly makes questionable decisions off the field. I'm hoping this turns out to be nothing but the optics of it, especially after holding out for more money aren't great. Why is he putting himself in these situations.

At 28 I think he's old enough to know better, at least personally by 28 I was leaps and bounds more mature than my early twenties.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Hawknballs":5ler46cl said:
Anyone bringing up the "hit and run" as if it illustrates a pattern of behavior obviously doesn't know much about that overblown incident.
Sorry, it wasn't overblown. BM was lucky that the pedestrian wasn't hurt and that he wasn't investigated for it when his BAC was what it likely was. Homer glasses have a way of blinding people to obvious truths. He's far from the worst, but he still does get himself in trouble and gets lucky he gets away with it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
the ditch":22qh14xt said:
Sgt. Largent":22qh14xt said:

I love Marshawn's attitude on the field and his play but it seems he constantly makes questionable decisions off the field. I'm hoping this turns out to be nothing but the optics of it, especially after holding out for more money aren't great. Why is he putting himself in these situations.

At 28 I think he's old enough to know better, at least personally by 28 I was leaps and bounds more mature than my early twenties.

I think Lynch is a good person at heart, and his teammates love him..........but when you come from where he came from you can't just turn off some of the dark side. It's a double edged sword, cause that dog inside him is what makes him Beastmode, but Beastmode doesn't work well in general society sometimes.

It also wears on Pete and John trying to manage him, which IMO was the biggest reason he didn't get more money. When you're a top 2-3 RB at age 25, it's much easier for management and coaches to say "alright, this guy's kinda of a pain in the ass personality wise, but he's a brilliant runner so let's deal with all his BS." But when you're 28? It's on the downside of more trouble than he's worth teamwise.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Rocket":75h1ppgj said:
Apple Valley, CA?
Niner he!! I presume.
See what presuming will get you?. I have forever hated the Niners as a Rams season ticket holder for many years when they played in LA and Anaheim. Now I have no use for them since they abandoned So Calif
I've been a USC fan for about 50 years and became a Hawk fan when Pete came up there. I was the one voice of reason defending him when all you northerners were vilifying him the first couple of years. I built and drove the Pete bandwagon, the rest of you jumped on later....
Now back to Lynch. Great football player but not a man of good character. His past run ins with the law, his attitude towards the media, his over indulging, everything about him says "No Class"! If he wasn't a star and you read about his antics, you would scorn him. Since he is a big part of the team, you will defend his actions to the end.
I hope is is not involved in this latest incident and has his best year ever for the Hawks, but facts are facts.
Go HAWKS..!!

dunceface

Reaction score
So no new info?
Got it...(continues going on about my day)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
No but the team coming out and calling the situation 'bogus' is a pretty good indicator that they are fairly certain it's a non-issue.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The team used the word "bogus" in its official statement.

That's about what you need to know.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":2yfitla1 said:
Kevin Shockey ‏@KevinShockey 29s
Whoa. Official statement from Seahawks says they are "comfortable these accusations are bogus" about Marshawn.

Bogus! haha!
Excellent.

Nothing to see here, Niner fans. Move along.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
And some mediots (ahem, John Clayton) wonder why Lynch avoids them. One sniff of negative news and they run story after story about nothing at all, but every one of them made it sound real, and most dredged up past problems.