Marshawn Lynch being investigated for assault

kobebryant

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2zh0n0s8 said:
kobebryant":2zh0n0s8 said:
But wasn't the Bellevue PD the only reason that Lynch's name came out at all, essentially they created the story where there wasn't one. Do we even hear of this if not for the BPD?
All it takes is one reporter calling up and asking about something regarding Lynch and boom, they know it's coming out and can preempt it with their own statement.

Just sayin'.

Fair point.

Reporters have made mountains out of fairy dust and whispers in the past in an effort to be first rather than accurate.

I do find it frustrating how the Lynch and Kaep/Lockette/Patton stories initially generate big headlines and then the "turns out to be nothing" news barely registers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3akognyr said:
http://q13fox.com/2014/08/13/seahawks-stand-by-lynch-in-assault-investigation-call-allegations-bogus/

Officially cleared now. Sorry to dash your hopes, Niners fans. :lol:
It has to flat out SUCK to be a niner's troll lately! :th2thumbs: :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
This was communicated via an intercom to someone taking notes I assume, then leaked to a press member, Lynch was not charged or arrested, just accused. So who is trying to slander, I would think any police blotter would need a record more than just an accusation. I think Lynch really could go after the BPD for something or the lady for false accusations.

The good thing is it's behind Lynch now, next story up Florio in an attempt to smudge the Seahawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Typical, plenty of people assuming that they know what happened. Turns out NOTHING happened.

Attachments

• typical.jpeg
    typical.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 995

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I would like the Bellevue police to release a statement as to why they felt the need to report this story in the first place.

The rumor is all the local reporters were phoning the department every five minutes asking about it, so they released a statement trying to get out ahead of the rumor mongers............but I'd like to hear it straight from the department.

I hate all this rumor mongering, what happened to waiting until you have all the facts before reporting and releasing statements?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This thread isn't locked yet? It should be IMO. Irrelevant.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1e9dmhij said:
I would like the Bellevue police to release a statement as to why they felt the need to report this story in the first place.

The rumor is all the local reporters were phoning the department every five minutes asking about it, so they released a statement trying to get out ahead of the rumor mongers............but I'd like to hear it straight from the department.

I hate all this rumor mongering, what happened to waiting until you have all the facts before reporting and releasing statements?
The BPD were countering tweets that Lynch had been arrested. Can't format it properly on my phone but this is the story (Tyler is Seth Tyler, the cop assigned to the case):

" Police on release of Lynch's name.

The Reporter initially contacted the Bellevue Police Department on Monday to determine the validity of a Twitter post by @dvainio (David Vainio of Seattle) stating Lynch had been arrested in Bellevue.

Tyler told the Reporter Lynch had not been arrested, later releasing a statement that the Seahawks running back had been accused of assault and property damage at a downtown Bellevue apartment.

"The release was sent out because of inaccurate information on Twitter and other social media sites that were making much worse allegations (that Lynch was arrested), as well as media requests for the information," Tyler tells the Reporter in a Thursday email. " We determined that the right course of action was to release the facts of the allegations, via a news release, to ensure that all media, as well as the public, received the most up to date, factual information at the same time." "

http://www.bellevuereporter.com/news/27 ... obile=true

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
pmedic920":3pgwqy4r said:
If the report proves to 100% false, I hope they charge the accuser of filing a false report. :{)
This is probably why the case is still open. Someone might be going down for telling stories.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1gu2rrzv said:
pmedic920":1gu2rrzv said:
If the report proves to 100% false, I hope they charge the accuser of filing a false report. :{)
This is probably why the case is still open. Someone might be going down for telling stories.
Maybe it was Little Jimmy Harbaugh in a skirt and heels?
Payback for Lynch assaulting his defense twice a year. 8)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":kbjsbx8n said:
and why people buy into to twweetter is beyond me.

it's like the ultimate troll paradise
Because it breaks most legitimate news first, and half of what you see "breaking" on CNN/Fox/CBS/NBC/etc., they literally found out first from somewhere on Twitter.

Deal with it. :)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":35q8zbp3 said:
YYZHawksFan":35q8zbp3 said:
and why people buy into to twweetter is beyond me.

it's like the ultimate troll paradise
Because it breaks most legitimate news first, and half of what you see "breaking" on CNN/Fox/CBS/NBC/etc., they literally found out first from somewhere on Twitter.

Deal with it. :)
That's the only reason I have Twitter. I always get football news first amongst my friends between .net and Twitter

warden

Reaction score
Marshawn is in training camp. Training camp ended this week. When in training camp you do not go home at the end of day, you go to a hotel with the rest of your teammates. They have curfews in place. They share the hotel room with a roommate I think the main reason the Seahawks where so quick with this is bogus comment is because they knew exactly where Lynch was at the time of the incident.

Latest posts