Marshawn Lynch being investigated for assault

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":ngim5lel said:
Kixkahn":ngim5lel said:
SoulfishHawk":ngim5lel said:
Someone is looking for some $
I think you may have the real reason behind this. Too many people out there looking for quick money. So why not accuse a pro football player who just got a bit more.

At least it wasn't during the Superbowl. When accusations came out about Crabtree during Superbowl 47 I couldn't help but think the same thing and then it was confirmed.
Eugene Robinson pross pop the night before he was going against John Elway in the Super Bowl in NO.

Donn2390

Reaction score
With uniform on, great football player.
With uniform off, thug, even if he has no guilt in this current fiasco...
Hopefully stupidly doesn't hurt the team.. No excuse for partying at 2:30 am. Stay away from trouble and trouble will stay away from you..

Basis4day

Reaction score
Donn2390":ij0v7en1 said:
Hopefully stupidly doesn't hurt the team.. No excuse for partying at 2:30 am. Stay away from trouble and trouble will stay away from you..

:34853_doh:

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
DynoHawk":sxlnq13u said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":sxlnq13u said:
DynoHawk":sxlnq13u said:
Largent80":sxlnq13u said:
A half eaten maple bar found at the scene. It's TATE !!!!

Do people actually think Tate "broke into" Top Pot Donuts and stole donuts?

Yes, because he did. Twice.

And soon after Top Pot was the official donut of the Seahawks....publicity stunt.

Nope. You're wrong. My best friend works for the Hawks in Corporate Sponsorship. He was basically instructed by the organization to set up a sponsorship with Top Pot at a significantly reduced rate to try and help brush things under the rug and decrease likelihood that Top Pot would make a big deal out of it. There is zero denying that Tate broke in.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawks46":2fcfb72w said:
My initial responses:

Rice only got 2 games. Since Marshawn didn't knock her unconcious, he only gets dinged 1 preseason game.

OR

He needs Aldon Smith's lawyer. Hell, he got off with no felonies. Lynch should get a parking ticket out of this.

Or.. Rice only got 2 games, the entire sports world (and a lot of non-sports outlets) reacted negatively, so Roger Goodell may in turn drop the hammer on Lynch to set an example.

I hope its much ado about nothing.. for numerous reasons.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":13k3j9tz said:
Bob loblaw":13k3j9tz said:
loafoftatupu":13k3j9tz said:
Bob loblaw":13k3j9tz said:
Hes gotten himself in trouble just about every year since hes left Cal. Wont judge until the facts roll out but wont be at all surprised if he is charged with something. DUI's, Hit and run, Multiple weapons charges, hell why not add assault to your rap sheet.

I thought he had a single misdemeanor charge. You know, the one where the backpack, inside the trunk contained a 9mm pistol. Is there other's?

On Feb. 11, a few days after playing in the Pro Bowl, he was arrested in a Los Angeles suburb and charged with three weapons misdemeanors after a loaded 9mm semiautomatic weapon was found in the trunk of his Mercedes-Benz. Lynch is scheduled for arraignment April 2.
Oh.. I see. You are talking about charges, not actual convictions. So basically the one conviction for carrying a concealed weapon in the trunk of the car. Stuff that he didn't actually get into trouble for.

He also has the hit & run in Buffalo and the DUI in Oakland, no?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
lsheldon":2s5ujoxg said:
Apparently there is a female victim. Still no word on whether Marshawn was actually involved. King5 article says it occured at Marshawn's downtown apartment. Will be interesting to see how he gets into trouble for damaging his own property.

http://mynorthwest.com/174/2585151/Poli ... estigation

The incident was reported by the female victim about 12 hours after it took place at a downtown Bellevue apartment. Police say there was no domestic violence or sexual assault involved in the allegation.

http://www.king5.com/sports/Marshawn-Ly ... 83681.html

Bellevue Police said the incident allegedly happened at 2:30 a.m. Sunday at Lynch's downtown Bellevue apartment, but was reported about 12 hours later,

The female victim identified the suspect as Marshawn T. Lynch.
I don't know the law on this matter for bellevue or washington but I know that laws exist in places that makes it illegal to destroy property during an argument even if you paid for it.

BASF

Reaction score
It seems as though it was destruction of some woman's property while she was in Lynch's apartment. Perhaps she had taken a photo with her cell that Marshawn didn't want getting out, and he destroyed the cell. That would be my guess as far as a real possibility.

Of course, we should all take a wait and see attitude on every case. It is the only way these things should be handled.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3vgufvdk said:
lsheldon":3vgufvdk said:
Apparently there is a female victim. Still no word on whether Marshawn was actually involved. King5 article says it occured at Marshawn's downtown apartment. Will be interesting to see how he gets into trouble for damaging his own property.

http://mynorthwest.com/174/2585151/Poli ... estigation

The incident was reported by the female victim about 12 hours after it took place at a downtown Bellevue apartment. Police say there was no domestic violence or sexual assault involved in the allegation.

http://www.king5.com/sports/Marshawn-Ly ... 83681.html

Bellevue Police said the incident allegedly happened at 2:30 a.m. Sunday at Lynch's downtown Bellevue apartment, but was reported about 12 hours later,

The female victim identified the suspect as Marshawn T. Lynch.
I don't know the law on this matter for bellevue or washington but I know that laws exist in places that makes it illegal to destroy property during an argument even if you paid for it.

I am praying this is nothing. Lynch has done some really stupid things in the past when drunk. A friend of mine personally witnessed Lynch do something extremely embarrassing at an ARCO gas station in Oakland last summer. Apparently, the whole thing was caught on tape but the store clerk elected not to call the police.

If something did happen, Lynch would be looking at a significant suspension given his latest wet reckless conviction and past misdemeanor convictions. And maybe that's a good thing if he is in need of a wake up call.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
BASF":e72uti6u said:
It seems as though it was destruction of some woman's property while she was in Lynch's apartment. Perhaps she had taken a photo with her cell that Marshawn didn't want getting out, and he destroyed the cell. That would be my guess as far as a real possibility.

Of course, we should all take a wait and see attitude on every case. It is the only way these things should be handled.

This is what I was thinking as well. It would explain the assault/property destruction accusations. And it might explain why she waited to contact the police about it.

Mick063

Reaction score
Letting it all play out before I pass judgement on this particular matter.

Brett

Reaction score
Seems like Beast Mode needs to bash someone on the field ASAP!

A

Anonymous

Largent80":3kvz920g said:
A half eaten maple bar found at the scene. It's TATE !!!!

Damn it Rob, now I got the munchies...

In Texas, the 9-mil in the trunk would be a non-issue. LA? different story, huh?

Aren't we due for another uniform thread?

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Donn2390":z9qtuqx5 said:

^ Does not party at any time of day.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BamKam":2jgoqnxv said:
I bet if this was Aldon Smith people on this board would assume he did it instead of taking this "Let's wait and see stance". Always funny the attitude changes when it's a player for a team you root for.
Aldon Smith was found passed out in an SUV crashed into a tree and everyone knew it from the first moment. Hardly comparable, everybody knew Smith was fairly guilty already.

Sgt. Largent":2jgoqnxv said:
Sourdough has a point, how does Smith not get jail time for bomb threats in an airport..............after also not getting any jail time for illegal assault weapon charges?
A mix of the "he's just being a dumb top athlete kid" defense sprinkled with a topping of "do you really want the Seahawks to beat us because he's suspended?"

I hear that's the real San Francisco treat.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":sk11ahma said:
BamKam":sk11ahma said:
I bet if this was Aldon Smith people on this board would assume he did it instead of taking this "Let's wait and see stance". Always funny the attitude changes when it's a player for a team you root for.
Aldon Smith was found passed out in an SUV crashed into a tree and everyone knew it from the first moment. Hardly comparable, everybody knew Smith was fairly guilty already.

Sgt. Largent":sk11ahma said:
Sourdough has a point, how does Smith not get jail time for bomb threats in an airport..............after also not getting any jail time for illegal assault weapon charges?
A mix of the "he's just being a dumb top athlete kid" defense sprinkled with a topping of "do you really want the Seahawks to beat us because he's suspended?"

I hear that's the real Santa Clara treat.

FIFY

Fanatics

Reaction score
I believe this will be nothing but if he did assault her, he deserves the punishment. His track record of off the field issues doesn't bode well for him either. Please, Please Please...NO!

kobebryant

Reaction score
Donn2390":1puzfsuv said:

really? or you could just use the term you want to use.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":ju483nmc said:
Just remember: a couple of months ago we were reading headlines about Colin Kaepernick being investigated for sexual assault. That initial report turned out to be seriously overblown and what actually happened was nothing of the sort. That could be the case here.

Was about to say something very similar.

As much as no Lynch in Seattle would help my Niners cause, I like Marshawn. I've liked him since he played at Cal.

I'd guess and I'd hope nothing comes of this.