Marshawn Lynch being investigated for assault

kidhawk

Reaction score
I've been avoiding this thread, because from the beginning there just hasn't been enough information, but it sounds like the organization has enough belief to back Lynch on this, and I doubt they do that lightly, so I'm ready to believe that this really was much ado about nothing and concentrate on football again.

Polaris

Reaction score
Remember that the alleged assault took place in the middle of night during Training Camp and Lynch would have had to make bed-check just like everyone else. Thus if the Seahawks organization is sure the allegations are bogus, they'd have very good reason to think this.

It may be one of the shortest investigations ever.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":3603f760 said:
I've been avoiding this thread, because from the beginning there just hasn't been enough information, but it sounds like the organization has enough belief to back Lynch on this, and I doubt they do that lightly, so I'm ready to believe that this really was much ado about nothing and concentrate on football again.

Like I said, it shouldn't be very hard to verify whether Lynch was in his room at the Kirkland hotel the whole team stays at during these three weeks of camp. They have plenty of security to check with to see if he left after curfew.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Donn2390":2giy8msd said:
Rocket":2giy8msd said:
Apple Valley, CA?
Niner he!! I presume.
See what presuming will get you?. I have forever hated the Niners as a Rams season ticket holder for many years when they played in LA and Anaheim. Now I have no use for them since they abandoned So Calif
I've been a USC fan for about 50 years and became a Hawk fan when Pete came up there. I was the one voice of reason defending him when all you northerners were vilifying him the first couple of years. I built and drove the Pete bandwagon, the rest of you jumped on later....
Now back to Lynch. Great football player but not a man of good character. His past run ins with the law, his attitude towards the media, his over indulging, everything about him says "No Class"! If he wasn't a star and you read about his antics, you would scorn him. Since he is a big part of the team, you will defend his actions to the end.
I hope is is not involved in this latest incident and has his best year ever for the Hawks, but facts are facts.
Go HAWKS..!!
You are not the only person here who believed in Pete.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Donn2390":1etda9xc said:
Now back to Lynch. Great football player but not a man of good character. His past run ins with the law, his attitude towards the media, his over indulging, everything about him says "No Class"! If he wasn't a star and you read about his antics, you would scorn him.
Marshawn comes from a different culture than you obviously do. Who are you to judge him?

Donn2390":1etda9xc said:
Since he is a big part of the team, you will defend his actions to the end.
Not true. He's held to the same standard as other players on the team.

Pete has made it quite clear that he lets his players be themselves.

Just because Marshawn is different does not make him a second-class citizen.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3co7pr2j said:
Not true. He's held to the same standard as other players on the team..

Not true though.

Lynch is allowed to not practice when he doesn't feel like practicing. He's allowed to not talk to the media when other players have to. He's allowed to blast his music in the locker room when other players may not like it. He's allowed to not participate in OTA's when the team mandates it for everyone else.

Lynch has been given special treatment in Seattle, because he's a warrior on the field. Btw, I don't disagree with any of it, but I just wanted to clarify that he ABSOLUTELY is not held to the same standards as other players.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":307e3n9n said:
onanygivensunday":307e3n9n said:

Not true though.

Lynch is allowed to not practice when he doesn't feel like practicing. He's allowed to not talk to the media when other players have to. He's allowed to blast his music in the locker room when other players may not like it. He's allowed to not participate in OTA's when the team mandates it for everyone else.

Lynch has been given special treatment in Seattle, because he's a warrior on the field. Btw, I don't disagree with any of it, but I just wanted to clarify that he ABSOLUTELY is not held to the same standards as other players.

Maybe it's my youth or the fact I work with young 20 somethings but I totally believe in letting people do what they want if it compliments and enhances their ability to work - I hate the struggle and the effort of trying to get people to conform to a specific standard that might night benefit either of us, just to prove I am in control. You saw how crazy things got in Tampa Bay with Schiano being the meglomaniac asshole he was.

Let Marshawn be Marshawn and so long as he keeps up performing the way he has, who cares how he gets there. There are clearly times where you need to interceded because the results aren't what you want but when has that been the case since 2011?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":fv40dvlf said:
Sgt. Largent":fv40dvlf said:
onanygivensunday":fv40dvlf said:

Not true though.

Maybe it's my youth or the fact I work with young 20 somethings but I totally believe in letting people do what they want if it compliments and enhances their ability to work - I hate the struggle and the effort of trying to get people to conform to a specific standard that might night benefit either of us, just to prove I am in control. You saw how crazy things got in Tampa Bay with Schiano being the meglomaniac asshole he was.

Let Marshawn be Marshawn and so long as he keeps up performing the way he has, who cares how he gets there. There are clearly times where you need to interceded because the results aren't what you want but when has that been the case since 2011?

Like I said, I'm down with letting people be themselves. I was merely correcting onanygivensunday that Lynch IS given special treatment on this team........ and he's been a happier and more productive player because of it.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1985j783 said:
onanygivensunday":1985j783 said:

Not true though.

I would add that I believe this is one of the big reason's for Pete's success. He appears to have a common philosophy around competition and standards of excellence he won't compromise but he is flexible enough to realize every player is unique and doesn't pretend that all can be treated identically with equal success.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fmx1gk1j said:
mrt144":fmx1gk1j said:
Sgt. Largent":fmx1gk1j said:
onanygivensunday":fmx1gk1j said:

Not true though.

Like I said, I'm down with letting people be themselves. I was merely correcting onanygivensunday that Lynch IS given special treatment on this team........ and he's been a happier and more productive player because of it.

Oh, I was emphasizing your point, not disagreeing with it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
There's a big misconception by a LOT of people in here, and the "given special treatment over the other players"
Marshawn Lynch is a punishing RB, a lot of his success is predicated on POUNDING his way thru would be tacklers.
How do you practice NOT to pound a team mate who is in your way and practicing to stop your forward progress,
Lynch is exempt from certain practices, as are a lot of RB's around the League with punishing style.
That doesn't mean that he's being given special treatment OVER his team mates.
He's required to attend practices and work out, to maintain, and hone his peak physical conditioning.

Basis4day

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2pvaan84 said:
There's a big misconception by a LOT of people in here, and the "given special treatment over the other players"
Marshawn Lynch is a punishing RB, a lot of his success is predicated on POUNDING his way thru would be tacklers.
How do you practice NOT to pound a team mate who is in your way and practicing to stop your forward progress,
Lynch is exempt from certain practices, as are a lot of RB's around the League with punishing style.
He's required to attend practices and work out, to maintain, and hone his peak physical conditioning.

Pete mentioned this frequently last year. The teammates understand this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":efub4qzk said:

Then why does our local media give Lynch a pass with mandatory after game availability?

NFL Media Relations Rules:
Players must be available to the media following every game and regularly during the practice week as required under league rules and their contracts and as noted above. It is not permissible for any player or any group of players to boycott the media. Star players, or other players with unusually heavy media demands, must be available to the media that regularly cover their teams at least once during the practice week in addition to their required post-game media availability. This applies to a maximum of one or two players per team only. The minimum for such players does not include other required media obligations such as visiting team conference calls, network production meetings, and national media interviews arranged by the team.

This is why he got into hot water in NY for the SB, because he was used to the Seattle media looking the other way with forcing him to talk to the press after games. He wanted the SB press to do the same, but was made to talk.

Some of you guys can try to explain away Marshawn's special treatment, but you're only fooling yourselves. He absolutely is treated differently.............which is why Pete says at least 4-5 times a year "we just let Marshawn be Marshawn." You don't say that unless you're bending the rules a little in order to make a player happy.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":8c729q4x said:
scutterhawk":8c729q4x said:

Then why does our local media give Lynch a pass with mandatory after game availability?

NFL Media Relations Rules:
Players must be available to the media following every game and regularly during the practice week as required under league rules and their contracts and as noted above. It is not permissible for any player or any group of players to boycott the media. Star players, or other players with unusually heavy media demands, must be available to the media that regularly cover their teams at least once during the practice week in addition to their required post-game media availability. This applies to a maximum of one or two players per team only. The minimum for such players does not include other required media obligations such as visiting team conference calls, network production meetings, and national media interviews arranged by the team.

This is why he got into hot water in NY for the SB, because he was used to the Seattle media looking the other way with forcing him to talk to the press after games. He wanted the SB press to do the same, but was made to talk.

Some of you guys can try to explain away Marshawn's special treatment, but you're only fooling yourselves. He absolutely is treated differently.............which is why Pete says at least 4-5 times a year "we just let Marshawn be Marshawn." You don't say that unless you're bending the rules a little in order to make a player happy.

He got in hot water before the Superbowl and gave his first interview in a long time to avoid a fine. The NFL won't fine him until somebody complains and someone finally did.

The team makes Lynch available for interview, but Lynch himself needs to show up. The media fines come from the league, not the team.

Basis4day

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10246 ... ia-silence

1/5/14
According to a Seahawks source, the league fined Lynch $50,000 for not speaking to the media throughout this season until Friday, when he briefly met with and spoke to reporters.

But that conversation came too late for the taste of the NFL, which requires that its players talk to the media.

Until this past week, the NFL had been unaware that Lynch had not spoken all season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":3av5m9b9 said:
He got in hot water before the Superbowl and gave his first interview in a long time to avoid a fine. The NFL won't fine him until somebody complains and someone finally did.

The team makes Lynch available for interview, but Lynch himself needs to show up. The media fines come from the league, not the team.

Right, the fine came from the league because the Hawks were perfectly fine with giving Lynch special treatment.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes this year, as his no talking jig is up.

Latest posts