Lock and Re-load?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Laying out facts vs. personal attacks.

Quite a difference. Then again, resorting to ad hominem is a sure fire way to know who is losing the argument. Weak.
Want mustard on that Snivelers sandwich?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Actually 68, it's a no brainer, the F-ing injuries to BOTH Right AND Left Tackles in game 1 for starters, YOU DO NOT RECOVER in a week or two, you just don't.
JUST STOP PRETENDING like the Defense is doing their fair SHARE.
And you'd have to be huffing glue IF you actually believe that Drew Lock is as good or better than a healthy Geno Smith.
I AM NOT saying that Geno is our savior, but he's waaaaay ahead of Second Best >BACKUP<
Drew Lock.
I'm not Knocking on Lock either, but there are just WAAAAY to many folks in here singing his undeserving 'What If' praises, as he hasn't YET proven that he's got 'That Magic Touch'.
WAY MORE LOSSES BY THE DEFENSE= NO CONTEST 68.
I'm referring to the game vs Rams on Nov 19. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/game/11-19-2023-sea-at-lar-17543.
I believe they had at least Cross playing in that game. They were far along in the season for injured players excuse. Plenty of teams playing without their top players and still are able to win. Colts are winning without their starting QB. Minnesota went on a streak of winning games even when they lost Justin Jefferson and Kirk Cousins. The Seahawk offense is avg 21.5 points a game this season....not good enough to win. The offense isn't doing their share to win either. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/team/seattle-seahawks-81/2023

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yet the coaches put several game plans together this year as if they had a top 5 oline. Offense has not been consistent at all this year. The Browns game was a microcosm of the season: offense looks lights out for a few drives, then completely falls asleep most of the game
And the Defense still gets a pass for shitting the bed in those losses just like they did last year???
Convince me that I'm wrong for pointing out SEVERAL of the OTHER REASONS for >TEAM< FAILURES.

cymatica

Reaction score
And the Defense still gets a pass for shitting the bed in those losses just like they did last year???
Convince me that I'm wrong for pointing out SEVERAL of the OTHER REASONS for >TEAM< FAILURES.
No, I don't think anyone is giving the defense a pass. The point is that the offense completely crapped the bed when the defense had a couple good games and also when the defense struggled.

If the question is which unit sucks more, it's definitely the defense, but the offense has also looked pretty inept for long stretches.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No posts on here have I seen anyone excuse the defense for their play. It's obvious they aren't playing well but the offense hasn't been stellar either. The Eagles defense isn't playing well this season but they still win most of their games.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm referring to the game vs Rams on Nov 19. I believe they had Cross playing that game. They were far along in the season for injured players excuse. Plenty of teams playing without their top players and still are able to win. Colts are winning without their starting QB. Minnesota went on a streak of winning games even when they lost Justin Jefferson and Kirk Cousins. The offense is avg 21.5 points a game this season....not good enough to win. They aren't doing their share to win either. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/team/seattle-seahawks-81/2023
NOT having O-Line continuity MATTERS, Are you DENYING that Play calling, in game adjustments AND a floundering D-E-F-E-N-S-E that SUCKED BALLS in that 4 game floundering didn't have a negative effect on that stretch of game losses????....C'mon man.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
No posts on here have I seen anyone excuse the defense for their play. It's obvious they aren't playing well but the offense hasn't been stellar either. The Eagles defense isn't playing well this season but they still win most of their games.
So You're thinking that it's all on Geno???????. LOLOLOLOLOLOL P-L-E-A-S-E be serious!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
No, I don't think anyone is giving the defense a pass. The point is that the offense completely crapped the bed when the defense had a couple good games and also when the defense struggled.

If the question is which unit sucks more, it's definitely the defense, but the offense has also looked pretty inept for long stretches.
my point EXACTLY, It's not >ALL< on Geno....RIGHT?????
The Defense is MORE responsible for giving up on Running & Passing plays that RUN UP THE SCORES.
You think Adams hasn't done MORE than his fair share of whiffing???
I don't care how good the Quarterback play is, HE CANNOT overcome a constantly floundering Defense.
(See the Chiefs vs. Bills game today for an example)

Last edited:

nwHawk

Reaction score
It’s okay to walk backwards away from the ledge. This isn’t life and death. Both units suck big time. And I have seen anyone say otherwise. Changes need to be made otherwise nothing improve. Bench Adams, he’ll yeah. I’m not convinced he is even 85% healthy. Love has struggled in cover, he’ll who hasn’t. DEs, very little pressure, and even worse since Frank Chicken Legs joined the team. Blow it up. Nobody get a pass.

cymatica

Reaction score
my point EXACTLY, It's not >ALL< on Geno....RIGHT?????
The Defense is MORE responsible for giving up on Running & Passing plays that RUN UP THE SCORES.
You think Adams hasn't done MORE than his fair share of whiffing???
I don't care how good the Quarterback play is, HE CANNOT overcome a constantly floundering Defense.
(See the Chiefs vs. Bills game today for an example)
Sorry, I was having trouble understanding your point until you used more caps lock. Now it makes sense

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sorry, I was having trouble understanding your point until you used more caps lock. Now it makes sense
FINALLY!!
Good for you Clamitia..Some folks are Slow at catching on, as they work HARDER at resisting common sense...NOW go towards the Light.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
So You're thinking that it's all on Geno???????. LOLOLOLOLOLOL P-L-E-A-S-E be serious!!!
I never mentioned Geno in my post but since you brought him up, yes Geno too. He’s part of the floundering offense. Plus he’s not exactly lighting it up this season. Furthermore, Shane Waldron’s play-calling has been a problem too. So it’s not just Geno but everyone involved with offense.

knownone

Reaction score
Some of us are willing to settle for mediocrity.

Some of us want to gamble on higher possibilities.

You do you.

But stfu with your criticizing fans who don't toe your little line.
None of us are settling or gambling on anything, though.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I never mentioned Geno in my post but since you brought him up, yes Geno too. He’s part of the floundering offense. Plus he’s not exactly lighting it up this season. Furthermore, Shane Waldron’s play-calling has been a problem too. So it’s not just Geno but everyone involved with offense.
Okay, So, pray tell How many points did Geno put up on Parsons & the Cowboys VAUNTED DEFENSE?????????
Is the light not yet coming on for you yet??
GENO is NOT >THE MAIN< problem.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Okay, So, pray tell How many points did Geno put up on Parsons & the Cowboys VAUNTED DEFENSE?????????
Again, I NEVER SAID GENO WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM. Please QUIT making crap up. I said he was PART OF THE PROBLEM with the OFFENSE this SEASON. It’s a FACT, whether you care to ACKNOWLEDGE it or not.

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
Josh Allen had 94 passing yards and the Bills ran all over them scoring 31 points. Their defense isn't vaunted.

Btw, no one is arguing Geno is the main problem. He's a backup QB being used as a starter. The main problem is the interior oline and play calling

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's no secret I've never been a huge Geno fan. But.......he's a hell of a lot better option if this team wants to win.
I hope to be wrong if Lock does start tonight. Then again, if this defense doesn't learn how to tackle, does it really matter?

RiverDog

Reaction score
What difference does it make..... This season is lost.
Just let Lock play the rest of the way so he can get a ride with another team next year.
It's not lost yet.

After this past weekend's results, with the Vikings and Packers both losing, our playoff chances have roughly doubled. Plus, the Cowboys got routed by the Bills, making them look like a paper tiger. And our opponent tonight has lost two in a row, their quarterback may not start, their best DB is out, and they've just demoted their DC and put a different coach in charge of play calling, so they're in a bit of a panic. They, too, might be overrated.

The only team in the NFC that's head and shoulders above the rest of the conference is the Niners.

I've offered particularly gloomy assessments over the past few weeks, and for good reason. We've looked like chit the past 6 weeks, so I'm not back on the bandwagon just yet. But things change, sometimes dramatically. I want to see how we look tonight before I toss in the towel.

Let's re-visit the issue about this time tomorrow.