LOB V2

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'll give you that. but Allowing 2 receivers with 100 plus yards is unacceptable. Woolen got got owned by Nacua...A ROOKIE.
A 5th round draft pick playing his first ever game. Good Lord, imagine if Kupp had played as well.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
The secondary may not be quite as bad as you think.

Stafford is one of the best in the NFL when he goes an entire game without any pressure.

He got in the groove because our DL consistently allowed him to focus downfield for 3-5 seconds.
We'll learn more about this D next week against Goff. If they can't stop Goff, this season will be a dreary one.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
By putting Adams in the lineup, the coverage will still get worse. And Adams is just going to rush the QB.
That's true, but if Adams is healthy, he is a disruptive force that will help the secondary. He has a knack for getting in the backfield and breaking up plays. Potentially, he and Witherspoon will help solidify the pass coverage. As the season progresses, I still say run defense will again be the biggest problem.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
We'll learn more about this D next week against Goff. If they can't stop Goff, this season will be a dreary one.
It's not going to be pretty. Goff will have zero pressure on him. The Lions have a stud O line. Goff will have all day to throw. No secondary can be expected to cover their guys forever. I have always said that the LOB was successful because they had a bunch of guys up front that were getting after the QB. They didn't have to cover guys for an eternity. The BIGGEST difference between the LOB and the current defense is Dan Quinn. Pete should have been on the phone to Quinn the instant that Quinn was let go in Atlanta. Instead, Pete kept his guy and Quinn now has the Dallas D looking formidable.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
It's not going to be pretty. Goff will have zero pressure on him. The Lions have a stud O line. Goff will have all day to throw. No secondary can be expected to cover their guys forever. I have always said that the LOB was successful because they had a bunch of guys up front that were getting after the QB. They didn't have to cover guys for an eternity. The BIGGEST difference between the LOB and the current defense is Dan Quinn. Pete should have been on the phone to Quinn the instant that Quinn was let go in Atlanta. Instead, Pete kept his guy and Quinn now has the Dallas D looking formidable.
Seahawks and Bears still have the same damn problem — no pass rush. It drives me nuts.