Votes: 23 24.0%
  • Kam Chancellor

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • Other/I don't understand

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Between Sherm, Bam Bam, Browner, Maxwell and ET, who was the most vital member of the original LOB?

And by original LOB, I'm talking the key members of the secondary, not the linebackers and D line that people want to throw in there for some reason.

And by vital, I mean if they were removed from the equation, the thing would've fallen apart and the defense wouldn't have been nearly as good as it was

And for time period, I'm talking 2012-2014.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kam was the Cement, the enforcer year in and year out and the leader by work ethic, Sherman and the rest worked hard also, but Kam kept everyone on the same page and was getting them all in on Film study and holding everyone accountable, that was in the DB room, Bobby, Cliff, Red etc, that whole group was like a Laminated beam, got stronger layer by layer.

getnasty

Reaction score
It was Earl and it wasn't close. Earl covering up the back end allowed Kam to play around the LOS more and do his thing.

Earl doesn't get the love because how everything ended but he was so good.

Sherm was second in my book.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Great responses.

Earl was definitely vital to allowing Pete's Cover 3 to be so effective. He was able to cover so much of the field, giving the corners assurance that he'd be there to back them up

chris98251

Reaction score
Earl was a Lazy student it took Kam and Sherm to get him into film regularly, why we had so many communication problems early on, Earl was so fast he had relied on athletics over the mental aspect, Sherm and Kam fixed that and we got better fast afterwards.

Hotchy

Reaction score
As great as that defense was, when any 1 key starter was out we suffered. Whether it was Kam holding out, Earl hurt, or even Bobby....we just weren't the same.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Kam and Beast Mode were the heart and soul of that team. THe more time passes, the more I'm sure of it.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
Kam is more popular, so I suspected he would win the poll, but Earl was more vital. He took out a LOT of field out of play for the others. An injury to him would have hurt us most.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
While not the most vital in terms of scheme, and the defense didn't miss a step after he left, Brandon Browner still brought some of that initial swagger and viciousness that our guys fed on for the next few seasons.

I'm hoping that we get more guys like this on defense in the near future that play up to the edge, getting in the opponent's head.

Mase

Reaction score
- Despite the amount of respect I lost for Thomas with the way he acted at the end of his tenure with the Hawks and in the league, I have to say it was very much a symbiotic relationship between the two that made the LOB what it was. Kam could be the fourth linebacker because Thomas could cover so much field. Earl was fearless, but small, and having a big hitter and great tackler back there in Chancellor helped protect him.

- Greatness creates fear in an opponent. Wide receives feared Kam and quarterbacks feared Earl. Best one two punch... ever.

Mase

JPatera76

Reaction score
Kam, not for his ability to erase the souls of WRs and TEs out of existence before our very eyes, but because I remember watching an interview where defensive players I believe it was KJ a few yrs ago who said Kam kept that group in “check” which .. would make sense as when Kam retired, Earl and Sherm were left UNchecked and ran a muck.