Levis odds of going #1 are skyrocketing

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Umm, one of your first rounders is likely going to be a complete waste anyway. I'd rather consider drafting Stroud and Richardson as ensuring the most important position is covered. It's not the most idiotic idea given how much a crapshoot the draft is.

How many teams draft a QB, wait two years to realize he sucks, draft another QB, wait two years on an endless loop. If you are looking for a franchise QB, go big or go home. You aren't likely to win until you get a decent guy.
If this were a game played on paper, you'd be right. But taking both of these guys in the first is a disservice to the development of each. Doubling at quarterback is different than double dipping at any other spot. It's more like double dipping at kicker.

You're actively hurting both of their chances by taking two.

It is not a workable situation. This is a terrible idea.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You take a guy, you build around him with your other assets. It's simple.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
At least one poster here thinks it is a great idea if he uses both first round picks on QB's. Such a bold take.
That isn't that hard to support, if Hooker is on the board at 20 why not? It would double our chances of one them working out.

Always compete. We would still have good trade value in whoever loses even if they are a bust. RW is an elite QB <wink,wink> I wonder if the Donkeys will be interested in another trade?

Last edited:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Breaking News!

Listen, my neighbor’s best friend’s brother in law’s cousin, twice removed, step brother’s uncle, that is the third cousin of the father of the assistant of marketing for the Carolina Panthers told me that Uncle Rico, is going to take state, and be the next QB of the Carolina Panthers taken number 1 overall.

I don’t know how Will Levis name came into play. That is absurd!

This is the actual scoop!

Over and out!

BASF

Reaction score
That isn't that hard to support, if Hooker is on the board at 20 why not? It would double our chances of one them working out.

Always compete. We would still have good trade value in whoever loses even if they are a bust. RW is an elite QB <wink,wink> I wonder if the Donkeys will be interested in another trade?
It is extremely hard to support when we were top ten in points scored last season while we were seventh worst at points allowed. The Seahawks need defensive playmakers that tilt the field. Best place to find them is the first round.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
This is a false oversimplification. You'd increase the chance of failure for both prospects significantly.
How so? I would think competing against each other and Geno would bring out the best in them.

Whoever loses could be traded based on their performance. Are you suggesting PC could decide they are too good and keep them from going to another team?

After all, isn't it about the team, not the player?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Why stop at two? Why not take three or four or five? That would triple or quadruple or quintuple our chances of one of them working out. Right?

massari

Reaction score
Congratulations, you've now got 3 quarterbacks, with the hope that one of the two young ones will be a good starter after you've wasted half of his rookie contract, and have nearly guaranteed that one of these first rounders is a complete waste. The dream.
Trying to shore up the single most important position in all team sports. Dream indeed. You realize the QB who they decide is the lesser if the two may still have significant trade value, no? Even after 3 years of a rookie contract? Richardson will need at least two years anyways.

The Packers no doubt regretted picking Aaron Rodgers wasting 3 years of his rookie contract. What were the Chiefs thinking letting their #10 pick rot on the bench. What a waste.

But have fun picking an ILB with the #20 pick. Surely better than selecting a QB at #20 with potential generational talent down the road.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
This is one of those things that I want to be true. Just because it would be legendary that the first overall pick was leaked by some random acquaintance of Levis or his family/friends on Reddit.

And next draft we’d be inundated with insane Reddit posts and every big name media person would be like: “We didn’t believe it with Levis last year… so maybe it’s possible.”

More chaos is fun.
Just wanted to say your avatar gave me a blast from the past. Spent so many hours playing that game!

massari

Reaction score
If this were a game played on paper, you'd be right. But taking both of these guys in the first is a disservice to the development of each. Doubling at quarterback is different than double dipping at any other spot. It's more like double dipping at kicker.

You're actively hurting both of their chances by taking two.

It is not a workable situation. This is a terrible idea.
The Redskins took RG3 and Cousins. The guesswork is pretentious.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Carolina is not drafting a QB. They just signed Jackso to a deal. Carolina will grab Carter or Anderson. Book it.
Shit!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson? The guy the Ravens just extended for 5 years?
Yep. I just said that. Sorry for the typo. I left the n off the end of his last name.

Carolina now has no need for a QB. If I was betting, I would bet Carter or Anderson now. Our odds of trading down are going way up IMO

Latest posts