Let's Start Kearse Over Sydney Rice

firebee

Reaction score
If anything... We need to figure out how to get Golden Tate the ball... YAC... One of the best tackle-breaking receivers in the league when he gets the ball.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At this stage the only thing we'd miss if Rice was lost for good would be his $10.6 million/ yr. salary which he is not even close to earning. To even consider him as a #1 WR is an insult to all genuine # 1 WRs. Watching his burst off the line is instructive b/c Tate, Baldwin and Kearse all outrun him. His number of targets/ game is dropping and he doesn't get open or fight for the ball. Frankly doubt Kearse is better but he's certainly not much worse. and Rice's salary is more than double all the others and the two youngest TEs on the roster, except Harvin who is out.

The team needs to move on from Rice and perhaps that will happen after the season is done. If we look at our roster the team has some very large unproductive contracts presently parked as injured, and it is amongst some of the supposed top shelf guys that the money can be found as they are replaced with hopefully productive rookies and their cap money distributed amongst the more productive and younger players.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Josh Gordon

cae1c341f7150212340f6a7067004ce9.jpg

Josh Gordon

shawnsim

Reaction score
firebee":1b4elhk0 said:
If anything... We need to figure out how to get Golden Tate the ball... YAC... One of the best tackle-breaking receivers in the league when he gets the ball.

Yup. Rice equals dissapoint so far. Tate is money. Willing to take a chance on Kearse at this point.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
personally I'm looking forward to 3 WR sets that are Tate/Baldwin/Harvin.

MrCarey

Reaction score
I would love to see an actual breakdown of how often Sidney Rice is double covered. I'd imagine it's mostly when he is in the end zone. They'd be better off double covering Doug Baldwin or Golden Tate, honestly.

General Manager

Reaction score
It's to early to make that call if things continue to go like the Colts game I'll be the first one calling him out, it's simply to early to make a call that will be the of Rice as a Seahawk.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Sidney Rice has made big catches for the team still can and is'nt scared to take the big hit to get it done so i think its pretty weak people are starting to hate on Sidney.

RussellMania

Reaction score
I still don't understand what is up with Sidney. My go to assumption would be that he's playing hurt, which is very likely with his knee issue. If Harvin doesn't help get him open I don't see why we keep him at this point. We definitely needs a WR of his type (tall, lean, fast), but as of right now Doug Baldwin seems like he has pig skin magnets in his gloves. I'm sure Russell is part to blame, he just isn't as good of a passer as Bret Favre, but Sid just hasn't looked good this year. Only 5 games in we'll see what changes.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1hhhxsww said:
TheRealDTM":1hhhxsww said:
Josh Gordon

Josh Gordon

We already don't have a 3rd rounder next year because we traded it for another wide receiver. What do you suggest we give up for Gordon?

First rounder. We won't get a 23 (currently 22) top 5 WR with the 32nd pick. Not only that but he's locked in on a 4 year (so this year, next and 2 more) at something like 4 million. We could have Gordon, Harvin, Baldwin with a shit ton of money saved from the Tates and Rices that would allow us to easily lock up Thomas and Sherman. Only problem is when Gordon, Wilson, and Wagner all come in in 2016.... would be sweet problems to have right?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If Rice is playing hurt then it would be normal for him b/c he's always hurt.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2jo8htnt said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2jo8htnt said:
TheRealDTM":2jo8htnt said:
Josh Gordon

Josh Gordon

We already don't have a 3rd rounder next year because we traded it for another wide receiver. What do you suggest we give up for Gordon?

First rounder. We won't get a 23 (currently 22) top 5 WR with the 32nd pick. Not only that but he's locked in on a 4 year (so this year, next and 2 more) at something like 4 million. We could have Gordon, Harvin, Baldwin with a shit ton of money saved from the Tates and Rices that would allow us to easily lock up Thomas and Sherman. Only problem is when Gordon, Wilson, and Wagner all come in in 2016.... would be sweet problems to have right?

I read on NFL.com that they are only asking for a 2nd. I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I, for one, am so tired of seeing Sydney Rice put his hands up complaining about a non PI call every time he gets a ball thrown his way.

Suck it up Sydney!

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
seahawk 17":1ufwnuty said:
TheRealDTM":1ufwnuty said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1ufwnuty said:
TheRealDTM":1ufwnuty said:
Josh Gordon

Josh Gordon

I read on NFL.com that they are only asking for a 2nd. I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

The only people that will be offering them 2s are playoff teams (49ers, Patriots, etc) it's possible they won't accept that low of a 2. Either that or he REALLY isn't for trade, otherwise I think a deal would have been done by now.

Zowert

Reaction score
Kearse has a lot of promise, but he is shinning right now because he is a depth receiver and he is lining up against depth corners. If you start Kearse, he would be matched up with a #1 or #2 CB. In which case, you can expect him to be invisible all game long. I like the way it is now, Rice/Tate starting. Once Harvin is healthy, things are going to change. Teams will put their best cornerback on him, while safeties have to account for his ability to be a consistent deep threat. No doubt this is going to open the field up for Sidney Rice and Golden Tate will be back in the slot, where I think he is best.

Largent80

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":2mxunon5 said:
Sidney Rice has made big catches for the team still can and isn't scared to take the big hit to get it done so i think its pretty weak people are starting to hate on Sidney.

^This

Seeker

Reaction score
SeatownJay":294gkuae said:
The only thing Rice is #1 in on this team is missed opportunities.

BURRRRRRRRNED!!!!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":4dxdm05a said:
Maybe Kearse should step up and take the job from him?

No handouts on this team.

Winner!

They have him in there for a reason. Not exactly sure what that reason is at the moment but I drank that Koolaid long ago. :179422:

Latest posts