Let's Start Kearse Over Sydney Rice

dopeboy206

Reaction score
It's time for a switch and make Doug the number 2. Let Rice have limited role like how we are using Kearse now.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
I'm all for giving him more playing time, but Sidney is definitely our #1. He's been seeing double coverage the whole season, which is what has held his numbers down. That's fine, it opens up the other guys. Watch his numbers improve when Harvin debuts

davidonmi

Reaction score
okay, I don't think Rice is earning the money he's being paid but really dude? REALLY?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Typical overreaction thread. There's a reason Rice is covered by the opposition's #1 DB every game.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":1m9s5nuk said:
I'm all for giving him more playing time, but Sidney is definitely our #1. He's been seeing double coverage the whole season, which is what has held his numbers down. That's fine, it opens up the other guys. Watch his numbers improve when Harvin debuts

Double coveraged?? When? He isnt a threat at all. Cant wait for Harvin to come in and open this passing game up.

Subzero717

Reaction score
DavidSeven":335ojc5u said:
Typical overreaction thread. There's a reason Rice is covered by the opposition's #1 DB every game.

This is an over reaction thread but all #1 receivers get covered by the #1 CB and yet somehow still put up #1 receiver numbers.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":39ier4cd said:
DavidSeven":39ier4cd said:

This is an over reaction thread but all #1 receivers get covered by the #1 CB and yet somehow still put up #1 receiver numbers.

Not saying he's playing like a true #1, but if any of our other options looked better on tape, then they would be covered by the opposing #1.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":59uf05kb said:

I do not agree that he is being constantly double covered at all, but let's say he is. A true #1 WR will still be able to overcome and make plays. That's what you pay them the big bucks for. Rice and his 9 catches in 5 games is not earning his big bucks.

I am absurdly in favor of giving anyone else more snaps over Rice. Rice ain't coming back next season anyway, so let's get a player who will be part of the future of this team some experience!

daketah

Reaction score
When Rice ceases to earn the #1 (or for that matter a roster spot), the highly qualified Seahawks coaching staff will certainly demote (or cut) him. Our personnel moves this year are empirical evidence to this truth.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
It's not overreaction. It's what the eyes sees. Kearse has proven to be effective and has caught more difficult passes all season and the preseason than Rice. Was it overreaction when Alex Smith got benched for Krapernick? Probably but look how that paid off, he took them to the SB and not to mention it's a QB position where changes can be critical to a team

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Im down. Let Rice work his ass off to prove hes someone we want to keep long term. And Kearse has been balling

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
daketah":1rs3tvxa said:
When Rice ceases to earn the #1 (or for that matter a roster spot), the highly qualified Seahawks coaching staff will certainly demote (or cut) him. Our personnel moves this year are empirical evidence to this truth.

hmmm. not with our coaches it isn't..coaches appear to have immunity.
I'm not so sure i'm buying into the rice thing, I will watch the coaches film and see exactly how many times rices was doubled.

HawkSquawk

Reaction score
"He's being double covered" LOL

Rice simply cannot get separation. I've seen guys cover him one on one and he struggles to beat them.

Sturm

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":kxouw4as said:

How would you possibly know this? You have the same TV coverage as the rest of us which doesn't show these things.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He was doubled last year as well. He is rounding off his cuts and seems slower. Maybe put in Kearse and give him a shot in the slot

A

Anonymous

The coaches film will show the staff exactly what they need to see. Add that to what transpires at practice. Come next Sunday, the best guys will be in the right positions.

It's only one freakin game. We are sitting at the second seed in the tournament, and a gravy schedule for the next 5+ games.

Relax.

Goldust

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3l2njdx2 said:
It's time for a switch and make Doug the number 2. Let Rice have limited role like how we are using Kearse now.

What does that mean? Split end? I think that he's perfect in the slot.