King5 needs to get it together

GGotskill

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand. How was the Vikings broadcast not affected but the Seahawks broadcast was? Isn't it the same cameras/broadcast simply fed out to the various local stations?

Yes and no. Think about it, if the same feed was sent out, Vikings fans would be watching all of the sideline interviews, interactions, etc, for the Seahawks players. The overall game feed is the same, but the individual teams handle the broadcast that is sent back to their region. That's why their entire broadcast (outside of the actual gameplay) is different (Vikings branded, viking players interviewed, etc etc). That's part of the reason preseason seems "off" compared to a regular season games; during the regular season ONLY the NFL has their hands on the feed. During preseason, each team handles their own broadcasts (with varying degrees of quality).

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sure was not a problem for FOX.

Disappointing coverage, shameful that King 5 didn't acknowledge they're having 'technical difficulties'.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes and no. Think about it, if the same feed was sent out, Vikings fans would be watching all of the sideline interviews, interactions, etc, for the Seahawks players. The overall game feed is the same, but the individual teams handle the broadcast that is sent back to their region. That's why their entire broadcast (outside of the actual gameplay) is different (Vikings branded, viking players interviewed, etc etc). That's part of the reason preseason seems "off" compared to a regular season games; during the regular season ONLY the NFL has their hands on the feed. During preseason, each team handles their own broadcasts (with varying degrees of quality).

Good points.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand. How was the Vikings broadcast not affected but the Seahawks broadcast was? Isn't it the same cameras/broadcast simply fed out to the various local stations?
I too, was just starting to enjoy the MRob and Mike B show on NFL Network when all of a sudden they switched it up to some godawful Viking homers. It took a few minutes, but they eventually explained that the NFL Network was having tech difficulties and the game was now being shown via the Vikings Football Network. The Viking homerism was terrible but I was at least able to watch.

James in PA

Reaction score
I was pretty excited at the beginning of the game, watching it on NFL Network because they were carrying the Seahawks broadcast. The new chick seemed ok and I was really looking forward to hearing Bennett. And of course I wanted to see interviews with Hawks players. Well, that excitement quickly turned to disappointment when about 5 minutes after welcoming Bennett to the booth they switched over to the Vikings broadcast. The only good thing about the Vikings broadcast was the name of their play-by-play guy (Paul Allen).

GGotskill

Reaction score
I'm actually rewatching the Vikings broadcast now. I don't mind it. I love hearing the letdown in their voices in the second half, lol.

Paul Allen is widely considered one of the better play by play guys.

Boohman14

Reaction score
in Oregon it was interrupted at least 10-20 times.
looked like WWC soccer in between after a blank screen each time. I think we missed all of our tds.
Every meaningful play was interrupted it seemed. We did get to see the "arm punt" TD in live action but otherwise we only saw our TDs and some big play on replay.

stack55

Reaction score
Same thing down here in Texas. Finally ended up with the
viking broadcast. Looked like Lock was running for his life
most of the game. I know it was backups but may show our
depth isn’t that good.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I sure hope our local broadcast team (KING 5) figures their crap out. Not a fan of not taking accountability over their tech issues. Maybe it's preseason for them too. Even still, we are three decades into the 21st Century for pete's sake. Get it together.

GGotskill

Reaction score
I sure hope our local broadcast team (KING 5) figures their crap out. Not a fan of not taking accountability over their tech issues. Maybe it's preseason for them too. Even still, we are three decades into the 21st Century for pete's sake. Get it together.

Again, it wasn't King 5. It was the Seahawks' broadcast coming from the stadium that had problems.

Latest posts