Kind of funny Seahawks-related story with me and my wife...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
My wife and I met in 1991 in a very early, crude version of the internet, before the World Wide Web came online later in the decade. There used to be a thing called BBS's, or bulletin Board Systems. They were mainly free as long as you didn't have to pay long distance charges, as everything was dial-up at the time. They usually accommodated around 16 to 64 users online, and the host usually had a computer with that many modems connected to it. This is back in the 1200 baud modem days, unless you were rich and fancy and had a 2400 or god forbid, a 9600! We're talking it taking 45 minutes to download a 750 kb pic or file. But there were chat rooms, and I was all into it when I was in college back in the day. I used to flirt with the chicks in there, but of course back then most girls pictured a guy with tape holding his glasses together. Anyhoo, I often frequented a BBS called ProStar Plus, and there was a girl I used to flirt with that called herself "Flyer" (she was into stunt kite flying). I used to flirt with her, but she always blew me off, and said she had a boyfriend. Well, the bbs decided to start having get-togethers so that the users could meet each other. I went to one of these just for the hell of it, and the girls were right! Dorkville!!! This was back when pretty much only nerds were into it (me being the exception, of course! :D). Anyways, there was only one good looking girl there (Flyer, of course), and she was with someone. After a really boring hour of listening to nerds talk about the future of the site, I decided to leave. Whilst leaving, I felt a "yank" on my coat, and the one cute chick said "Hey, who are you?". I said "I'm Wild" (my stupid handle). And she struck up a conversation that lasted about 5 minutes. One week later, she wrote me a private message that said "I broke up with that guy, and I've got two tickets to the Seahawks/49ers Pre-season game... Do you wanna go with me?". Well obviously, it was instant love right there! I accepted her invitation, and two years later we were married. So here I am now, with our 20th anniversary, and we discussed what the hell to do for our 20th. I came up with a fairly lame idea to go to Anthony's Home Port in Everett, where we've never been, but I could tell she was completely underwhelmed. So I was sitting here re-watching the 49ers game tonight on my DVR (I should mention that we work opposite shifts, with Sunday being our only day to do anything together) and then it struck me! A Seahawks Game would perfectly commemorate our 20th to re-do our first date! Brilliant!! I got on StubHub, and found 2 tix to the Jaguars game, 50 yard line, Seahawks sideline, 4 rows up for 50 bucks over face! I just talked to my wife from work and she is SO excited!!! I joked with her that my tix are as many rows from the field as hers were from the top of the Kingdome! lol And it's true! Those were real nosebleeds! Am I a genius or what? I am SO getting laid tonight! WHOOOHOOO!!!! :lol:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Pretty cool indeed! Here's to another fine 20!

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Cool story and thanks for sharing! Oh and happy 20th!

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1lznremu said:
I joked with her that my tix are as many rows from the field as hers were from the top of the Kingdome! lol And it's true! Those were real nosebleeds! Am I a genius or what? I am SO getting laid tonight! WHOOOHOOO!!!!

Lol. Awesome. Have a great time. At the game too!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueThunder":tpa0m2li said:
My wife and I met in 1991 in a very early, crude version of the internet, before the World Wide Web came online later in the decade. There used to be a thing called BBS's, or bulletin Board Systems. They were mainly free as long as you didn't have to pay long distance charges, as everything was dial-up at the time. They usually accommodated around 16 to 64 users online, and the host usually had a computer with that many modems connected to it. This is back in the 1200 baud modem days, unless you were rich and fancy and had a 2400 or god forbid, a 9600! We're talking it taking 45 minutes to download a 750 kb pic or file. But there were chat rooms, and I was all into it when I was in college back in the day. I used to flirt with the chicks in there, but of course back then most girls pictured a guy with tape holding his glasses together. Anyhoo, I often frequented a BBS called ProStar Plus, and there was a girl I used to flirt with that called herself "Flyer" (she was into stunt kite flying). I used to flirt with her, but she always blew me off, and said she had a boyfriend. Well, the bbs decided to start having get-togethers so that the users could meet each other. I went to one of these just for the hell of it, and the girls were right! Dorkville!!! This was back when pretty much only nerds were into it (me being the exception, of course! :D). Anyways, there was only one good looking girl there, and she was with someone. After a really boring hour of listening to nerds talk about the future of the site, I decided to leave. Whilst leaving, I felt a "yank" on my coat, and the one cute chick said "Hey, who are you?". I said "I'm Wild" (my stupid handle). And she struck up a conversation that lasted about 5 minutes. One week later, she wrote me a private message that said "I broke up with that guy, and I've got two tickets to the Seahawks/49ers Pre-season game... Do you wanna go with me?". Well obviously, it was instant love right there! I accepted her invitation, and two years later we were married. So here I am now, with our 20th anniversary, and we discussed what the hell to do for our 20th. I came up with a fairly lame idea to go to Anthony's Home Port in Everett, where we've never been, but I could tell she was completely underwhelmed. So I was sitting here re-watching the 49ers game tonight on my DVR (I should mention that we work opposite shifts, with Sunday being our only day to do anything together) and then it struck me! A Seahawks Game would perfectly commemorate our 20th to re-do our first date! Brilliant!! I got on StubHub, and found 2 tix to the Jaguars game, 50 yard line, Seahawks sideline, 4 rows up for 50 bucks over face! I just talked to my wife from work and she is SO excited!!! I joked with her that my tix are as many rows from the field as hers were from the top of the Kingdome! lol And it's true! Those were real nosebleeds! Am I a genius or what? I am SO getting laid tonight! WHOOOHOOO!!!! :lol:
Gotta love aggressive women! :)
Sounds like you have a real cool lady! Congrats!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Actually a really cool freaking story! Sounds like you got yourself a good one!

WI-Hawkfan

Reaction score
That's a great story, and feels familiar. :)
My wife and I also met on the internet (random chat with ICQ back in '99 with a floormate of hers at college). Of course being smitten I agreed to move 'temporarily ' to WI where she lived to finish school. Well, we just had our ten year anniversary last month (still in WI), and it happened to fall precisely on the Friday night the Hawks were in Green Bay for the 4?th preseason game. Knowing that my wife is not a football fan at all I didn't even entertain the thought of suggesting we go. Turns out she had gotten us great seats behind the Seahawks bench as a surprise. She even wore all Seahawks gear even though she grew up a half hour away from Lambeau.
It appears we're both very lucky guys. Congrats on your 20th, I sure hope after another ten years with me my wife hasn't figured out how far out of my league she is.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Thanks all for the kind words. And yes, if you even had an inkling of what she's put up with over the years with me, you'd have to agree that she is one of the coolest chicks ever! As far as I'm concerned, she's one in a million! Most women would have bailed on me 3 years in, if not sooner. I'm not kidding. Fortunately, I've been on a downward mellowing trend for quite a few years now... much to her relief! :lol:

ak3000

Reaction score
Spend too much time on reddit. Scrolled to the bottom to find the TLDR. Disappointment.

dbmack

Reaction score
Congrats and feels familiar to me too! Mr dbmack and I met in a Prodigy chat room in Feb 1996. We met in person in March and were married in May. I took him to a Seahawks/49er pre season game in the Kingdome for his birthday that year. He is a 49er fan (he is from San Jose) but he roots for the Seahawks as his 2nd team. Neither one of us had been to a game before so it was the perfect 1st birthay gift for him from me. We haven't been to a game in person since but we sure did enjoy it! He is disabled now so we can't go to any games but we do enjoy watching them every week on tv.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
WI-Hawkfan":2nluciud said:
That's a great story, and feels familiar. :)
My wife and I also met on the internet (random chat with ICQ back in '99 with a floormate of hers at college). Of course being smitten I agreed to move 'temporarily ' to WI where she lived to finish school. Well, we just had our ten year anniversary last month (still in WI), and it happened to fall precisely on the Friday night the Hawks were in Green Bay for the 4?th preseason game. Knowing that my wife is not a football fan at all I didn't even entertain the thought of suggesting we go. Turns out she had gotten us great seats behind the Seahawks bench as a surprise. She even wore all Seahawks gear even though she grew up a half hour away from Lambeau.
It appears we're both very lucky guys. Congrats on your 20th, I sure hope after another ten years with me my wife hasn't figured out how far out of my league she is.

If most women ever figured out how far out of our league most of them are, the population of this planet would decline dramatically.... And that would be a good thing. Embrace your lameness...

KK84

Reaction score
Very nice story. Funny thing, I used to cook at Anthony's. Not a bad place at all really.

cdallan

Reaction score
Congrats to both of you on your 20th anniversary. Since your first date was her taking you to the Kingdome, I only have one question - why did it take you two years to marry her?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats! Great story and enjoy the ass-whoopin'!