I cried for Pete and my wife is mad

xray

Reaction score
I'm gonna admit it. I broke down today. I cried. I sobbed. And now my wife is absolutely furious and said I will be sleeping on the couch.

As many people on this forum know, I am a VERY tough guy. But this broke me. The franchise just fired the greatest thing that ever happened to it. They fired the guy who won them their only Super Bowl.

They fired the guy who engineered the brilliant Russ trade and got a team everyone predicted to be one of the worst in the NFL last year into the playoffs.

I tried explaining this to my wife. She told me to man up. She said it was pathetic a grown man would cry over a football coach. She just doesn't understand. And I see a lot of people who don't understand here as well. People rejoicing. Pete you will never be forgotten.
LOL...you are sooooo full of shit . Nice try though .

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I called my ex and she didn't care any more than my freakin' cat did. I asked the cat again today and he told me that Seahawks can **** off!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The lack of how to control a woman is disturbing in here.
The guys who let the woman always have her way and say
are the ones who get screwed.
Expecting things to just stay the same and getting comfortable
in routine is recipe for disaster.
The crying is fine for relation dying, pets or friends ect..
If your crying because of a rough day at work or bills, that will
be weak.
A coach getting fired is not going to look good for you either so
do it somewhere in private or trigger their wrong side of brain it's
your choice really.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The lack of how to control a woman is disturbing in here.
The guys who let the woman always have her way and say
are the ones who get screwed.
Expecting things to just stay the same and getting comfortable
in routine is recipe for disaster.
The crying is fine for relation dying, pets or friends ect..
If your crying because of a rough day at work or bills, that will
be weak.
A coach getting fired is not going to look good for you either so
do it somewhere in private or trigger their wrong side of brain it's
your choice really.
In a good relationship there should be at least empathy on both sides. Now she didn't have to sit there an cry with him but it seems like his wife just totally dismissed his feelings of despair with the Pete firing. What else will she dismiss in the future?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
In a good relationship there should be at least empathy on both sides. Now she didn't have to sit there an cry with him but it seems like his wife just totally dismissed his feelings of despair with the Pete firing. What else will she dismiss in the future?
Cyrus
Talk to some women really and get their takes on it
Tell them not to sugarcoat the answer.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
She's a FOUL, cruel wench!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Cyrus
Talk to some women really and get their takes on it
Tell them not to sugarcoat the answer.
The man was hurt...his wife not supportive..women cry over trivial things too...men support them as I am guessing the op does for his wife.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Any update? Are you on the outs? Is the marriage salvageable?
Update is she's still mad and hasn't gotten over it. She says I was more upset about Pete getting fired then when family died.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Update is she's still mad and hasn't gotten over it. She says I was more upset about Pete getting fired then when family died.
I probably was to..depending on what family member...seriously though how are you going to move fwd? I'm not sure you can at this point....

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
My best suggestion would be to destroy something while cleaning.
Chopping wood is destroying with a purpose. The end result is more firewood and exertion in the preparation of the next 7 F degree weather day. That would be this morning. Gardening in the spring, chopping weeds down, burying them, mulching them and then using the ground for fruit and veggies. Another destroy for helping. Painting a room to get rid of the old and bring in the new. There are a lot of them.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Chopping wood is destroying with a purpose. The end result is more firewood and exertion in the preparation of the next 7 F degree weather day. That would be this morning. Gardening in the spring, chopping weeds down, burying them, mulching them and then using the ground for fruit and veggies. Another destroy for helping. Painting a room to get rid of the old and bring in the new. There are a lot of them.
Yeah....

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I probably was to..depending on what family member...seriously though how are you going to move fwd? I'm not sure you can at this point....
She will get over it eventually she always does.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It is not BS. We were together for 7 years and she broke up with me while my twin sister was on her deathbed, 2 days before she passed away, because I was crying and couldn't compose myself. She then became a multimillionaire a few years later and got herself a younger man. No part of my story is made up.

"I'm guessing you're single."
Yes I am single. I haven't been with another woman since the last one broke up with me for crying about my dying sister.

Like the great Led Zeppelin sang - "The soul of a woman was created below". There's a reason they initiate divorce 80% of the time,,,,,they never lose in divorce. My ex after 30 years cheated, washed her hands of the kids and granddaughter, moved in with the biggest piece of garbage in town, has me paying for her car, motorcycle, and medical bills, and she receives half of every gas royalty check I get for as long as they last which will be for the rest of her life probably.

Yeah I cried. Lol. Every single one of them are evil.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Marriage is just a contract. I don't get why people sign those ridiculous things.

"Show somebody you love them by agreeing to royally f*ck yourself over if you ever get divorced" just doesn't make sense to me. Is that what love is to most people? Must be.

Have a ceremony, say your vows, celebrate your love. That makes sense. Hell, sign some sort of power of attorney, too, for medical and other decisions in the event of incapacitation. Those things are easily revoked and any bs can be righted through the court process.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with having a life long partner, living with them, having kids, etc.

You can do all that without getting married.