Ketchikan is Seahawks Country

Hawks46

Reaction score
Heyseed":2hieqmuw said:
I want to live in Ketchikan forever and ever

Same here. I don't like people. My wife would'nt like the cold though. (Yes, I know it's not THAT cold in Ketchickan, but she thinks freaking Western WA is cold)

stack600

Reaction score
Great pic..right in front of the old Alaskan bar. Across from the Hotel, Under the sign. Awesome.. I worked in logging camps out of Ketchikan for 14 years..Usually watched the Hawks at the Derby Room under Tongass Towers..Love it in Ketchikan....Go Hawks

HawkWow

Reaction score
stack600":wi90yp2n said:
Great pic..right in front of the old Alaskan bar. Across from the Hotel, Under the sign. Awesome.. I worked in logging camps out of Ketchikan for 14 years..Usually watched the Hawks at the Derby Room under Tongass Towers..Love it in Ketchikan....Go Hawks

It's been 30 years since I've been in that rowdy-ass little town. I think the sign read "Alaska's 3rd largest city" back then. (No Les, that's a side street). I think on that corner was Sawyer jewelry(?) and the Harbour inn restaurant(?). And I think up the other side was the world famous Focsel (sp?) tavern. I lived in the building to the left and crazy ass' would ring the bell 23 hrs a day. I think the bar closed, by law (lol) from 5am to 6 am and people would sleep on the floor during that time. Did I say it was rowdy? 4th of July in Ketchikan was not for the feint of heart. Fights on ever corner between loggers, locals, marines, fishermen...just nuts...but a great place, just the same. Go Hawks!

Any of this stuff ring a bell Stack?