Awesome article about Pete and the Seahawks culture

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You have to have a subscription but I can tell you The Athletic is amazing for sports fans. I pay $1.99 a month for incredible content. I always tell people it’s the best money a sports fan can spend for online content.

Michael Shawn Dugar is our new Farnsworth/Sando.

OP
OP
Hawkspeed

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I hope the link is good without payment, because the article is inspiring.
I am not a member and found it just by searching.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Luke Willson: We were playing a big game, and there was a bunch of media hype. He calls up Tyler Lockett and he has a chair. He’s like: “Do me a favor. Just stand on this.” He’s like: “Do you think you can just lift one leg up?” Lockett looks at him and lifts the leg up. He has him do all this stuff: “Do a spin, do a counter spin.” I’m like, “What the f— is going on?” Then he’s like: “OK, serious question. Was any of that hard?” Lockett’s like, “No, not at all.”

Ben Malcolmson: Then he’s like: “What if I put this on the Empire State Building? Would you be able to do it then?” Of course, the answer is no way. He’s like: “But nothing’s different, nothing’s changed. It’s all just your surroundings.”

Luke Willson: You’ve got to picture this is Pete Carroll’s voice, so it’s way more animated, and he’s like, “Tomorrow, we’re just playing f—ing football. Field’s the same size, football’s the same size, plays are the same. F— all this nonsense about what happens if the Seahawks lose. Go out and rip it.”

Damn. No wonder Pete has the secret sauce. I'm about to suit my middle aged fat ass up for him right now!

NoGain

Reaction score
I've thought that when PC makes the HOF as a coach (both college and NFL), the positive, inspirational, and successful culture he creates will be one of the top reasons mentioned for his induction. There's nobody quite like him. Yes, there are/were vet players who might have gotten a little bored of his ways at times. Yes, there were players who might have left disgruntled for one reason or another. But they almost always come back, if not as players for a second or third stint, then in some other capacity to do with the team.

Pete doesn't burn bridges. He respects his players both as players and human beings. Hard to find him ever saying something bad/negative about any of them. I think almost all players who have played with him for any length of time would have high praise for him as a coach in this respect, if not right away, then over time.

There's a reason why the Seahawks are never a bad team under PC, why they often generally over achieve record-wise throughout his tenure (did anyone see last year coming?). True, he has his weaknesses as a coach that sometimes drive me crazy. And it's true that perhaps his only noticeable mistake he's made as a coach culture-wise was in his handling of RW. But even then, we all know you don't go far in this league without a true franchise QB.

Nothing would make me happier for him as a coach and for me as a fan than to get one more SB win under him.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Are they really 12’s if they know so little about football???

Hard to say.
I'm an old fan - even though I grew up in Maine, I started with the Seahawks during the 1976 preseason. I've seen fellow old fans with really snobby attitudes toward the 12 jerseys and Seahawks fans who call themselves twelves. Those people would say 12s are the more-recent fans who jumped on the bandwagon and are exactly the kind who don't know about football.

For what it's worth, I got a 12 jersey to celebrate XLVIII and I've worn it proudly on a $#!+load of occasions in both the USA and Brazil. My wife has a 12 jersey, and she wants another one with her first name instead of "FAN" on the back. I just realized that a throwback 12 jersey with her name on the back could be a good Christmas present for her.

Anyway, I am a Seahawks fan and anyone else who wants to be a fan of the team, or claim to be a fan of the team, is certainly welcome to do so.

The only ones whose right to call themselves Seahawks fans I ever question is the ones who sometimes at least appear to be rooting for the team to fail. Whatevsky, I guess 🤷‍♂️

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The only ones whose right to call themselves Seahawks fans I ever question is the ones who sometimes at least appear to be rooting for the team to fail. Whatevsky, I guess 🤷‍♂️
This. I just don’t understand why some people root for a team they like nothing about??? I understand criticism and not agreeing with everything Pete does but to think he should be replaced. Sure you can have an opinion but understand your opinion can be wrong.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Yeah... Earl tanked his own career with his selfish "me" behavior. Sad tbh.