JSN. Fixed. I think it might be just this easy.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Deep shallow and mid crossers. Outs aren’t working.

Not bubble screens, but delayed and misdirection screens.

Eventually, option routes. DB Fresh, please pickup the white courtesy phone and call this young man.

sutz

Reaction score
I still think we need to get the O-line straightened out before we can worry too much about JSN.

Once we get some reliable blocking up front and the TEs get back to being receivers more often, we'll have time to work JSN in with those longer developing routes.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Are we spending too much time fixating on JSN? He's a rookie on a team with several receiving options.
I don't know about 'too much' -

The goal from my perspective is to have as many points to spread the ball around to as possible.

Obviously some of that is on the playcalling, some is Geno finding him open, and some is performance -

DK in particular I don't believe (and I should look up stats before opening my mouth) is a good short game/deep crosser/nimble kinda guy. He's used to moonballs from ME3 over the years, and for that matter so is Lockett, although Lockett is quicker in the short game. DK has speed - but it takes a bit to get UP to speed for him. He's not gonna get as much separation in the short game. IMO.

JSN should be used this way i think, and as long as he has a role, and Geno can find him - maybe that will help. I made a stupid statement 3 months ago. The stupid statement was: "Wait 3 months until JSN eats DK and Lockett's lunch." Well, I was an idiot - they are complimentary - not competitive. Geno has been on video saying "I gotta find you". It's easier if he has a role and he knows where to find him all the time....

Anyways - I just want EVERYONE involved in the pass game mostly equally. 145/16, JSN, BOBO, and the TE group.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't agree that JSN is being misused or that you can judge a receiver's contribution based on targets or yards. He has been getting open and our offense has been exceeding expectations. If Geno has been going elsewhere that's fine, particularly given that Jaxon is playing with a broken hand. The thing about having lots of weapons is that all of them look like they could use more targets, and that diversity is a large part why we have a top 10 offense despite so many OL injuries.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
It the multiple TE sets we are using to help a banged up OLine. Be thankful making those adjustments. JSN will eat eventually.

themunn

Reaction score
He's a rookie on a team with a deep WR room recovering from a wrist surgery that he had less than 2 months ago.

I expect that post bye he will be brought in a lot more

keasley45

Reaction score
They using him like Eskridge.
Exactly this. The guy Shane wants to run the plays he's designed is Eskridge. He covets the ultra quick, shifty wr who can split a D open with his speed. It's foundational to what he knows, having come from the McVay tree. JsN... he's a slot guy for whom plays haven't been built around. His skillset isn't Edelman, ADB, etc. But Shane hasn't adopted yet or hasn't done it a ton. Not to say he can't. It's just has yet to show up. Some of that is on JSN simply not seeing what Geno sees.

It will come.

Last edited:

KinesProf

Reaction score
He's the WR3 on a team that was forced into going largely to 12 and 13 personnel in order to protect the banged up offensive line. There just aren't going to be many opportunities for a WR3 until they're comfortable protecting with 5 again. It's why the middle and deep has largely dried up offensively too. Waldron, Geno and Dickinson really are doing a great job when you think about the state of the line, the ppg that they're still putting up, and how putrid other offenses with challenged olines are looking (Giants, Patriots).

The TEs have been super productive so far. Some of that will become disbursed amongst the WRs as the oline returns to health.