JSN vs Witherspoon. Good or bad?

More excited for JSN or concern for 'Spoon?

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
In a recent video from Seahawks mini camp, JSN burns Witherspoon on a deep wheel route up the left sideline. Great ball by Geno, great separation by JSN, beating his man in coverage.

But...uh oh. Here comes pessimistic overly sensitive poster Jerhawk. Witherspoon got torched here. Yes, yes, it's one play. Just one stinking play. But...is it cause for concern? Should the #5 overall pick be getting burnt like this in coverage from the slot? JSN isn't exactly a speedster, per the scouting reports I've come across

What's your biggest takeaway from this play? Excitement for JSN and how he'll look in this offense? Or concern for Witherspoon getting beat in practice by a fellow rookie?

Share your thoughts and feelings.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
One play just doesn't provide enough information

It's really ....... really early in the process.

bileever

Reaction score
One play? Not concerned about Witherspoon at all. I've been more worried about whether JSN is the real deal and whether he's over his hamstring issues, so that was good to see.

All cornerbacks get beat. It's the nature of the position. Ever see Jalen Ramsey get beat?

m0ng0

Reaction score
It's funny when it's the other team it's OMG Trey Lance thru a pick six, but spoon gets beat its just well it's just one play and just like the other thread...it's just camp

nwHawk

Reaction score
I said it before the draft, JSN is going to be way better than advertised in this offense. I don’t want to make him out too crazy good before real games start, but damn I can’t wait!

kidhawk

Reaction score
In OTAs there are going to be good plays and bad plays on both sides of the ball. One video of one play really is the definition of meaningless when it comes to judging talent. I have zero concerns about either of them at this point. I see them both as being a boon to this team for many years to come

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Didn’t spoon just have knee surgery recently??? Slow news season so lots of reading into things that don’t need it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
One play? Not concerned about Witherspoon at all. I've been more worried about whether JSN is the real deal and whether he's over his hamstring issues, so that was good to see.

All cornerbacks get beat. It's the nature of the position. Ever see Jalen Ramsey get beat?

As a matter of fact I have, by the same guy he goads into flags, and for the win no less. I was at the other end zone so it was hard to see but it was nice watching the crowd realize DK scored.

Hawknight

Reaction score
One play yes..lots to learn...but man he did look slow with that one play..it's not so much an early judgement but now it has me intrigued to watch more closely.