Jermichael Finley: I'd "love" to come to "Good Old Seattle"

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Do not want. People complain about Harvin and Rice getting injured. Finley would get crucified.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":22ltfz56 said:
Do not want. People complain about Harvin and Rice getting injured. Finley would get crucified.

Amen. Do not want his injuries, his drops, his complaining OR his crazy agent's tweets about lack of leadership. Drama follows that man.

I know there's lots of talk about cutting Miller, and in a league where TEs are becoming WR's, everyone wants a Gronk or a Graham, but I love a TE that can block well, and Miller is one of the best at this. And while he's lacking in speed, his hands are good. I hope he restructures. Him and Willson are a nice contrasting 1-2 punch

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1thkbjyw said:

True, but Finley is a player that we could get on a one year cheaper contract. Kinda like we did with Bennett, "come here and prove your worth by staying healthy and productive."

Which I'm sure is what GB will tell him. They're sure as hell not going to give Finley a long term contract with guaranteed money with all his injuries.

Ozzy

Reaction score
A potential top 5 talent at his position and you can get him for next to nothing? I would love for him to tryout. Pete has shown they will cut anyone who doesn't fit the team or buy in to his philosophy so why not?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If we cut Miller for salary cap reasons, Finley would be worth a look.

But I'd rather we bring Miller back on a cheaper deal.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HawkFan72":39iced82 said:

Same. But if it doesn't work out for him and the Packers, he's definitely at least worth a look. Obviously a great receiving target, but I don't know if he fits the mold of what PC wants from his TE's (lots of blocking) and his recent injury history is of great concern. If he can produce like 2-3 years back before the injuries, we could get a steal.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
I wonder if Jon and Pete would be willing to part with a mid round (a 4th this year and a 5th next) to make this a family affair and trade for Martellus Bennett, provided he's willing to restructure. He would be a big time target for Russ and give us an element of playmaking ability we don't have at the position.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2c8f6o04 said:

I love Miller, but we need to get more dynamic at the TE position. It's not just enough to be a good blocker, we need a guy that can also make plays in the passing game, and Miller had a down year in that respect.........and right now Willson isn't the answer just yet. So if we can bring in another veteran TE that's a great pass catcher as well as decent blocker, I think we have to upgrade.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'd rather just take whatever money we would give Finley and give it to Miller. Miller is probably the best TE there is........ for our system.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Here's a question: what IS Miller making next year?

I've heard 2 camps: Miller is making waaaay too much, and Miller's contract is very team friendly next year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawks46":67dof464 said:

I've heard 2 camps: Miller is making waaaay too much, and Miller's contract is very team friendly next year.

Miller's big contract year hit was this year, 11 million against the cap

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... ch-miller/

As you can see it drops down to 7 million next year, which IMO is still 2-3 million too much. So my guess is he's one of the guys that's going to be approached in the off season to renegotiate his deal..........or get cut. I don't see him getting 7 million in guaranteed money on the open market.

BamKam

Reaction score
There will be a domino effect to all of this. A lot of players will see our team and want to come win a championship for a bargain bin price. Guys in there late 20s/early 30s who still have a couple years left in the tank but want to win something before they make one last pay day.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kjreid":2z09mfwo said:
What make anyone think that Finley would be cheaper than Miller?

Because he's coming off a major injury, and no one's gonna give him a long term deal with a big signing bonus like Miller got.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2lkiyck1 said:

$4.8m in 2014 + $1m in roster bonuses according to rotoworld. It's the big hit year of his contract (of what's left), but I think we're in good shape for 2014. When we really need the cap space in 2015, he drops down to $2.8m. We're allowed to re-negotiate w/ Sherm and ET in 2014, but we don't necessarily need to. I can see us franchising one of them at some point (won't be good for my nerves, but faith in the FO). We can't even think about talking contract w/ Russell until 2015, so that's a non-issue right now. Those are going to be the HUGE numbers we have to deal with, but we don't have to deal with them right now...

So that being said, I don't think Zack's current contract is that crippling for what he brings. SIDNEY however is due $8.5m next year. I love him, but there's no way that doesn't get re-structured or cut.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2bs7fxhw said:
HawkFan72":2bs7fxhw said:

Same. But if it doesn't work out for him and the Packers, he's definitely at least worth a look. Obviously a great receiving target, but I don't know if he fits the mold of what PC wants from his TE's (lots of blocking) and his recent injury history is of great concern. If he can produce like 2-3 years back before the injuries, we could get a steal.

He's not a TE. People need to remember that he's a WR, and one with stone hands at that.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bt40s0d said:
kjreid":2bt40s0d said:

Because he's coming off a major injury, and no one's gonna give him a long term deal with a big signing bonus like Miller got.

Miller has already made most of his money. His cap numbers are lower in the next two years. With dead money factored in, Finley and Miller would probably cost you around the same. Personally, I think Miller is way more valuable to this team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":26878ucn said:
Sgt. Largent":26878ucn said:
kjreid":26878ucn said:

Miller has already made most of his money. His cap numbers are lower in the next two years. With dead money factored in, Finley and Miller would probably cost you around the same. Personally, I think Miller is way more valuable to this team.

My guess is Finley would be an addition to keeping Miller if we got him, not to replace Miller. I don't think Pete and John would be comfortable taking a chance on Finley staying healthy as our #1 TE, even on a cheaper one year deal.