Blake Snell wants to pitch for Seattle

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He has flat out made it be known he wants to pitch for the Mariners. And just watch...........Dips***poto won't even come close to pulling the trigger on this.
I mean, why would be want a 2-time Cy Young award winner who is a local boy AND wants to pitch in Seattle?
ERA last year of 2.25. Lifetime ERA of of 3.20.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be awesome to sign Snell and trade some pitching to get some bats? Knowing leadership they will probably sign Kolton Wong again to give him another chance haha.

getnasty

Reaction score
If you spending on Snell then your probably trading Miller and Woo for a bat. Personally I would rather stick with the arms we have and just go out and sign a couple of bats.

getnasty

Reaction score
That being said I think there going to trade a Gilbert, Woo or Miller sometime soon.

sutz

Reaction score
do we still have Robbie Ray and Gonzales?
Yes, both are under contract. Marco should be ready for Spring Training. Latest I heard was that Ray would not be available until August next year. Pity. We could surely use a left handed starter we could rely on. But that makes Marco trade-able. Ray, probably less so until he's healthy.

Oh, and @getnasty, I don't see any scenario where Gilbert is available for trade. We would get a ton of value for him if we did, but I don't really see it.

Echawks

Reaction score
i mean i cant believe how this is lining up for a non 54 ownership group..

we could have a rotation of castillo, snell, gilby, kirby and either ray/emerson/woo/miller

we trade young pitching for a guy like soto, look for bellinger and gurriel and trot out a lineup to add to julio, crawford and dumper….

crawford, julio, bellinger, soto, dumper, gurriel, france top 7 in the batting order… so nice

but we wont

Last edited:

DJrmb

Reaction score
If you spending on Snell then your probably trading Miller and Woo for a bat. Personally I would rather stick with the arms we have and just go out and sign a couple of bats.
I would have rather them just signed bats too the past two off-seasons, and not had to give up young talent yet again... Problem is there's just not really any impact bats in free agency this year. They're likely going to have to trade to get any real impact bats this year, either that or take a mulligan and go after Soto next year...

getnasty

Reaction score
Yes, both are under contract. Marco should be ready for Spring Training. Latest I heard was that Ray would not be available until August next year. Pity. We could surely use a left handed starter we could rely on. But that makes Marco trade-able. Ray, probably less so until he's healthy.

Oh, and @getnasty, I don't see any scenario where Gilbert is available for trade. We would get a ton of value for him if we did, but I don't really see it.

Either do I but maybe for a Soto type name.