Is anyone surprised ?

chris98251

Reaction score
This went about as many said it would, the big surprise was how well the defense played till they just wore down again.

Wilson should have taken another week, pushing to play hurt the team, Geno was getting better every start and where we may not have won I think we would have had the full offense available, we ran strictly shot gun formations to protect Wilsons finger from getting jammed from a under Center Snap, made it more difficult to get a run game going, even when we had hurry up and did the stretch run plays we never went back to them.

He wasn't ready and that's on Pete, he has to be able to say no.

Metcalf is getting frustrated with how we are using him and it is now pouring out weekly, this needs to get controlled or it will fester to a bigger problem.

We need a correction and it will not come from Pete, his body language during post game was telling, almost mumbling through the questions hoping to just get out of there.

Jody has her hands full with the Blazers at the moment also, she will have to get into the Seahawks disfunction next, welcome to Ownership Jody.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Russell played as badly as he did. That was abysmal. I've given Russ crap for much less than this showing before, but this was a legitimately horrid game.

It just proves to me that Russell needs a run game, and that he absolutely cannot do it all on his own regardless of what the Let Russ Cookers think. Russell being taken out from under center to preserve his finger, and Waldron not knowing how to keep the run game going without those looks, killed the entire offense.

Geno should have gotten the damn start if they seriously threw away under center looks so Russ could start. Horrid coaching decision, and horrid play from Russ.

He took accountability, which is good and fine, but I've grown tired of the stagnancy of this relationship and I think it's time to move on. Get Russ to Philly for their premium first rounders this year, send Wagner along to the highest bidder, let John pick his quarterback, and roll the clock back to 2010. Time to build another winner.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":22gud4r5 said:
I'm surprised that Russell played as badly as he did. That was abysmal. I've given Russ crap for much less than this showing before, but this was a legitimately horrid game.

It just proves to me that Russell needs a run game, and that he absolutely cannot do it all on his own regardless of what the Let Russ Cookers think. Russell being taken out from under center to preserve his finger, and Waldron not knowing how to keep the run game going without those looks, killed the entire offense.

Geno should have gotten the damn start if they seriously threw away under center looks so Russ could start. Horrid coaching decision, and horrid play from Russ.

He took accountability, which is good and fine, but I've grown tired of the stagnancy of this relationship and I think it's time to move on. Get Russ to Philly for their premium first rounders this year, send Wagner along to the highest bidder, let John pick his quarterback, and roll the clock back to 2010. Time to build another winner.
Add DK to that trade list and anyone else older than 25ish

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":362rb61c said:
Maelstrom787":362rb61c said:

I think I'm hanging onto him, honestly.

Depends on the offer, as always - but if there's a new quarterback coming in, he's gonna need help.

Jville

Reaction score
So ......... will Russell be the best choice for the game next week?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Jville":ca07m4i0 said:

Realistically, yes. I think he's the best choice. Another outing like that, though, and I'd want to see Geno.

Benching Russell Wilson will unleash a true shitstorm the likes of which we've not seen.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I was a bit surprised because here we were, all the way to the fourth quarter, and our D and special teams had us in this game down by ONE FG. Which, in some ways, makes this season more frustrating. In the end, I don't think this 3-6 team is all that much worse than we have been in previous seasons when we've been 6-3 with a couple of better breaks with the officials and a couple of fumbles going the right way for us.

Which, in the end, is a real problem. Because our '12-4' seasons that have us thinking maybe we'll make a run only to end with an early playoff exit are essentially the same as this team. We are just the unlucky version of those same teams. We changed our OC, we've gotten new talent on both sides of the ball, and for a number of reasons, we still are in the same rut, only this time we don't have the wins to shine up this turd.

We aren't a terrible team. We are an inconsistent, frustrating team with no identity.

Pete needs to go. He's needed to go for a couple of years at least at this point but the most important reason is this team needs a rebuild and Pete shouldn't be the one to do it at this stage in his career. Whoever does it should be someone we can count on to be around for the decade, not the guy who was here for the last one.

And Russ? I don't know. I legit would like to see what he'd do under a new regime, but at the same time, I get tired of the type of thing that happened in this game. First and foremost being... WHY was he in the game? He can't take snaps under center, so he's NOT ready. But he's Russ, so he's got to do the superhero thing and come back before he should come back.

Is he doing it because he thinks he's helping his team or because it satisfies his ego? I don't know the answer to what he thought but I do know the end result is that he hurt his team. The fact is, our offense looked better with Geno Smith running a more vanilla WCO two weeks ago than it has under Russ anytime this year. So what do we do with that?

I think in the end, Pete needs to be replaced. And then, if the new HC wants Russ he should stay. But if he doesn't, or if Russ doesn't want to buy into the new guys philosophy, he goes too.

Jville":3hds1cm3 said:
That depends. Will he still be unable to go under center? Because if so, than no, he will not be.

JGreen79

Reaction score
It really seemed like Russ didn't have the normal zip or touch on his throws. I agree with Maelstrom another week and he should improve there, but they need to be willing to pull the plug early if he's not.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1ds34nqz said:
OrangeGravy":1ds34nqz said:
Maelstrom787":1ds34nqz said:

Depends on the offer, as always - but if there's a new quarterback coming in, he's gonna need help.
I'm fine with the player, just don't want to pay him what he'll ask for during a rebuild

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2knu4g61 said:
Maelstrom787":2knu4g61 said:
OrangeGravy":2knu4g61 said:
Maelstrom787":2knu4g61 said:

I'm fine with the player, just don't want to pay him what he'll ask for during a rebuild

John has liked Mahomes, Tannehill, Wilson, all three have looked to of panned out, I would think he can spot QB talent, we need draft capital to rebuild, we need cap relief to get better, sometimes you bite the bullet to stop the bleeding.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
chris98251":vxw97id9 said:
OrangeGravy":vxw97id9 said:
Maelstrom787":vxw97id9 said:
OrangeGravy":vxw97id9 said:

John has liked Mahomes, Tannehill, Wilson, all three have looked to of panned out, I would think he can spot QB talent, we need draft capital to rebuild, we need cap relief to get better, sometimes you bite the bullet to stop the bleeding.

Don't forget all the buzz about him and Josh Allen, who he personally went to go watch.

John knows quarterbacks. Every quarterback he's been really linked to has panned out.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3jfn1ere said:
chris98251":3jfn1ere said:
OrangeGravy":3jfn1ere said:
Maelstrom787":3jfn1ere said:

Don't forget all the buzz about him and Josh Allen, who he personally went to go watch.

John knows quarterbacks. Every quarterback he's been really linked to has panned out.
I'm fine keeping John. I want all players that have outside value traded. Few exceptions for 1st/2nd year guys and cheap vets. Turn and burn the roster like the early days until guys stick. Hell, I don't really care if Pete stays or goes. I'm OK going run heavy with good D in a reboot situation. I'm just done watching this offense with Russ. Big plays are great and all, but if I want to see big plays amongst otherwise terrible offense, I'll watch a high-school game

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":121xmxes said:
chris98251":121xmxes said:
OrangeGravy":121xmxes said:
Maelstrom787":121xmxes said:

Johns link to productive NFL prospects and proving out gives me better confidence in that we can reset.

The key is a Coach that can use those tools in a system. It will be a combination of the two, picking a new head coach will also be on him.

Thats where the big question mark will fall, that and if Pete is in Management still or off the field.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Jville":k6u90qjj said:

The only way they could bench Russ now is to claim some kind of setback with the injury. Otherwise, as someone else posted, there would be a huge crap storm. I think they should do it.

getnasty

Reaction score
If we replayed the game today knowing what we do now i'm still starting Russ. He had some bad throws but the decision making was the biggest problem. Let's also not act like he's ever played well agaisnt GB and certainly not in GB.

If Russell is healthy enough to play you play him.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Averaged 4.6 yds per carry....yet only ran the ball 16 times....lost the time of possession battle 20 mins to 39 mins...same old shit.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":4h8aqr0d said:
This went about as many said it would, the big surprise was how well the defense played till they just wore down again.

Wilson should have taken another week, pushing to play hurt the team, Geno was getting better every start and where we may not have won I think we would have had the full offense available, we ran strictly shot gun formations to protect Wilsons finger from getting jammed from a under Center Snap, made it more difficult to get a run game going, even when we had hurry up and did the stretch run plays we never went back to them.

He wasn't ready and that's on Pete, he has to be able to say no.

Metcalf is getting frustrated with how we are using him and it is now pouring out weekly, this needs to get controlled or it will fester to a bigger problem.

We need a correction and it will not come from Pete, his body language during post game was telling, almost mumbling through the questions hoping to just get out of there.

Jody has her hands full with the Blazers at the moment also, she will have to get into the Seahawks disfunction next, welcome to Ownership Jody.

Surprised the defense played as well as they did? Yes
Surprised the offense played as bad as they did? Yes
Surprised the Hawks once again were good on one side of the ball and terrible on the other? No
Surprised RW tried too hard to play hero ball? No
Surprised DK Metcalf went ape shit during a game he had no stats? No
Surprised by the outcome of the game? No

Will I be surprised if RW leaves next year? No
Will I be surprised if PC stays and we see 2-3 more years of really nothing but excuses and this team not getting past the first round of the playoffs until PC retires and the Hawks HAVE to start over entirely? No

John63

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1wy3b6yy said:
The only way they could bench Russ now is to claim some kind of setback with the injury. Otherwise, as someone else posted, there would be a huge crap storm. I think they should do it.

If Wilson is not ready they should hold him out. If he is ready they should not. That's up to PC, that's why he is the coach and if he is unwilling to make the decision then we need a new coach who will.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1wnb1neg said:
Averaged 4.6 yds per carry....yet only ran the ball 16 times....lost the time of possession battle 20 mins to 39 mins...same old shit.

And only 12 of those runs were actually called. Rest were scrambles.