If Pete flounders this year is Harbaugh on deck?

seabowl

Reaction score
With the news of Pete staying and now Harbaugh also staying at Michigan does this set up a potential Harbaugh to Seattle next year if Pete has another poor year? I think it’s a possibility especially now that Pederson is becoming the Jags head coach leaving what it appears to be few viable candidates on the market next offseason. Quinn would be another candidate but I think he will be the next Dallas head coach and maybe take over during the 2022 season if McCarthy stumbles early. I truly hope Pete and the Hawks kick butt, but we’ll see.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
massari":24l4hzkp said:

As you can see from the pic, Russhas his headphones on and drowning out whatever Sean is saying :sarcasm_on:

Payton is a possibility too especially if Russ is still here (which I highly doubt). Good call though

James in PA

Reaction score
I mentioned this scenario in another thread. For the Pete haters, if the Hawks do stumble again in 2022, never fear, he is almost certainly gone. If that's the case, there will be no shortage of good candidates, including Harbaugh and Quinn. If I were Harbaugh's agent though, I'd have him speak as little as possible. What a weird, awkward dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Sean Payton will be the next Dallas HC.

Rat

Reaction score
If Pete "flounders" this year, it's likely that Russ either regressed or got hurt again, and the Seahawks head coaching job isn't going to be super attractive if there ends up being those kind of questions about him, particularly since he'd be well into his mid-30s. It'd have to be a much better situation than that to get Harbaugh IMO.

Also, please no on Sean Payton. You want to talk about a guy whose reputation far exceeds his accomplishments...

I wouldn't mind the Byron Leftwich / Adrian Wilson tandem that was being discussed for Jacksonville. I think they should have gone that direction, even though I don't think Pederson was necessarily a bad hire, just not the best hire they could have made.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think you gotta look for a guy you think can build a dynasty.

I don't think Harbaugh can, because he's an abrasive man-child.

toffee

Reaction score
seabowl":umhd2lvl said:
With the news of Pete staying and now Harbaugh also staying at Michigan does this set up a potential Harbaugh to Seattle next year if Pete has another poor year? I think it’s a possibility especially now that Pederson is becoming the Jags head coach leaving what it appears to be few viable candidates on the market next offseason. Quinn would be another candidate but I think he will be the next Dallas head coach and maybe take over during the 2022 season if McCarthy stumbles early. I truly hope Pete and the Hawks kick butt, but we’ll see.
You sir are not with dot net, here on Dot net, every year under Pete is a bad year, he flounders every year.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
If PC stumbles he will not be fired or let go. He will retire or make someone else the sacrificial lamb.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
[youtube]se608z9H_H0[/youtube]

For those thinking Harbaugh isn’t a great coach, watch this ^^^. Keep in mind this is coming from a former Buckeye. He was abrasive to Trent Baalke because Baalke wasn’t doing his job well enough. Michigan gladly wanted him back even after being there 7 years. 3 years longer than he was with the Niners and no one complaining about abrasiveness.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
toffee":2a67yc3j said:
seabowl":2a67yc3j said:
You sir are not with dot net, here on Dot net, every year under Pete is a bad year, he flounders every year.

One playoff win in FIVE years.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
toffee":36y6i72h said:
seabowl":36y6i72h said:

Gosh, here I thought I was on a board with many who would still be in Carroll's corner with a zero win season, who would pick a coach over the only franchise QB the Seahawks have EVER had.

But I need to get with the program. So by jingo, we're going over the trenches in 2022-2023 right into machine gun fire.
The run game will be back to square 1 since we won't (and actually shouldn't) pay Penny, but we'll do it anyway. Russ will be there to bail us out. Defense will be back to rebuilding with multiple pieces gone and Jamal Adams still being Jamal Adams (either not as good or we don't know how to use him). But this time...this time it will work! And we won't need any first round draft picks to do it because to be fair, our first round picks are usually awful! :p

Rat

Reaction score
Also feels like you shouldn't want someone who wins like 10% of his big games.

toffee

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":27mu6ftw said:
toffee":27mu6ftw said:
seabowl":27mu6ftw said:

One playoff win in FIVE years.

appreciating your effort to stay on narrative.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Rat":1hq4frzq said:

Wow, a Buckeye taking a shot at a Wolverine, how rare. That may be true so far at the NCAA level but it sure isn't true in the NFL.

Also, 42-27....

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rat":anucwu6m said:

Every coach has his kryptonite.

Carroll has McVay.
Shanahan has Carroll.
McVay has Shanahan.

Harbaugh has "regulating his emotions like an adult rather than a mentally diseased drooling manbaby."

We're all human.

Rat

Reaction score
SeaWolv":2evtlsyc said:
Rat":2evtlsyc said:

Wow, a Buckeye taking a shot at a Wolverine, how rare. That may be true so far at the NCAA level but it sure isn't true in the NFL.

Also, 42-27....

Didn't he lose to the Seahawks pretty frequently, including in the NFCCG, and also lose in his only Super Bowl? He seems like a guy who can raise the floor; he hasn't shown to be a big game coach.

Frankly, I hope he stays in Ann Arbor forever, even if it means losing once every eight years.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Rat":3tyamyyg said:
SeaWolv":3tyamyyg said:
Rat":3tyamyyg said:

Also, 42-27....

Didn't he lose to the Seahawks pretty frequently, including in the NFCCG, and also lose in his only Super Bowl? He seems like a guy who can raise the floor; he hasn't shown to be a big game coach.

Frankly, I hope he stays in Ann Arbor forever, even if it means losing once every eight years.

As for Harbaugh he took the Niners to 3 NFCCG's and a SB in his first 3 seasons in the NFL, pretty freaking good track record. Losing to the Seahawks at the peak of LOB is nothing to be ashamed of.

Michigan fans are thinking the same thing about Ryan Day. Now that Michigan got rid of Don Brown I think the Buckeyes are about to see more L's over the next few years.

Rat

Reaction score
SeaWolv":25lz2lxt said:
Rat":25lz2lxt said:
SeaWolv":25lz2lxt said:
Rat":25lz2lxt said:

Also, 42-27....

As for Harbaugh he took the Niners to 3 NFCCG's and a SB in his first 3 seasons in the NFL, pretty freaking good track record. Losing to the Seahawks at the peak of LOB is nothing to be ashamed of.

Michigan fans are thinking the same thing about Ryan Day. Now that Michigan got rid of Don Brown I think the Buckeyes are about to see more L's over the next few years.

Was Don Brown the reason the team blew a 16-point fourth quarter lead against Michigan State last year and the reason they got absolutely emasculated against Georgia?

Harbaugh knows the game well enough to keep a team competitive, but his record against highly-ranked teams at Michigan is an embarrassment. I need to see him do it more than once before I sing his praises. He wore out his welcome pretty fast in SF too, if we hired him, I'd hope has become better at getting along with other people.

And before you bring it up, I'm not suggesting we hire Ryan Day either.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Rat":22dfct7n said:
SeaWolv":22dfct7n said:
Rat":22dfct7n said:
SeaWolv":22dfct7n said:

Also, 42-27....

Was Don Brown the reason the team blew a 16-point fourth quarter lead against Michigan State last year and the reason they got absolutely emasculated against Georgia?

Harbaugh knows the game well enough to keep a team competitive, but his record against highly-ranked teams at Michigan is an embarrassment. I need to see him do it more than once before I sing his praises. He wore out his welcome pretty fast in SF too, if we hired him, I'd hope has become better at getting along with other people.

And before you bring it up, I'm not suggesting we hire Ryan Day either.

Clearly you didn't watch the video I posted. Straight from the mouth of your very own Alex Boone. Why don't you do that before you keep parroting the York narrative about Harbaugh being difficult to work with.

We all thought the Don Brown hire was good at the time but clearly his scheme only works when he has a skill advantage. Michigan never had a defense allow 62 and 56 points in The Game, that's on Don Brown.

As for the MSU game, Michigan never had a 16 point lead in the fourth quarter. It's tough enough to win rivalry games on the road but even harder when referees make such egregious errors that take points off the board and cause the B1G to issue an apology. But before you cast stones you might want to look no further than your own teams struggles against the likes of PSU, MSU, Iowa, Purdue or even more recently Oregon.

By the way, Georgia was widely considered to have a generational defense, so no shame in that loss, they emasculated Alabama too.

Latest posts