I was not going to make this post but...

sutz

Reaction score
Not bad points, but I think perhaps the offense finally deciding to come to work helped out a lot, too. Just getting a few first downs showed them that the O was actually going to produce something. Once the O made it close at the end of the 2d Qtr, the D stepped up and shut out their O the rest of the way. Our D is not horrible. They may not be top tier right now, but they're adequate to keep the game in reach if the O can continue to score points.

RiverDog

Reaction score
sutz":1npws7oa said:
Not bad points, but I think perhaps the offense finally deciding to come to work helped out a lot, too. Just getting a few first downs showed them that the O was actually going to produce something. Once the O made it close at the end of the 2d Qtr, the D stepped up and shut out their O the rest of the way. Our D is not horrible. They may not be top tier right now, but they're adequate to keep the game in reach if the O can continue to score points.

I tend to agree. But at this point, it's like closing the corral gate after the horses got out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We won a big game on Sunday, it was fun at the stadium again. And Russ was having fun again. Now at 17-4 vs. Santa Clara. I'll go ahead and enjoy the win. I know they are not making the playoffs, but it IS ok to actually enjoy wins.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18yxqwmy said:
We won a big game on Sunday, it was fun at the stadium again. And Russ was having fun again. Now at 17-4 vs. Santa Clara. I'll go ahead and enjoy the win. I know they are not making the playoffs, but it IS ok to actually enjoy wins.

Oh, I enjoyed the game, too, although I wasn't there in person. And I appreciate the team giving me some more trash talking ammunition to use against several Niner fan friends of mine. I'll make good use of it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This, so much this ^^^

There was a ton of Santa Clara fans in the stadium. I hope they enjoyed the ride home, with yet another big L.
I have a co-worker who said today that his Niners couldn't even win when the Hawks tried to give it away.
Mr. Everett will have better days, but that was BRUTAL.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":esir7hqr said:
I want Pete gone, but give him credit, his players are still playing with a lot of pride.

But also give the team leaders credit, as bad as the Hawks are this year guys like Diggs, Wagner, Russ, Brown, Lockett are keeping that locker room positive and focused.

Not an easy task with most teams that are 3-8 and their locker rooms implode into fighting and finger pointing.

Good points. There are things to criticize Pete for, but the players quitting on this team, or "going through the motions" as it was suggested, are not one of them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, I'm in the camp of wanting to move on from Pete. But he had that team ready to play, and he has them believing. Motivation has never been his problem. It's the in game stuff, the x's and o's, the time management etc.
But, he did a damn good job on Sunday.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
hugecanoli":319iw299 said:
LTH":319iw299 said:
I probably am making a mistake by posting this but I'm going to do it any way.

You think for one second that the Seahawk D did not feed off of the crowd last night? Ohhh they did! The crowd makes a huge difference. but ya know what? They also read and listen to the media and it wouldn't surprise me if they sometimes read fan boards

Who is going to have more success the player who thinks people believe in them or the player that thinks the fan base thinks they are crap...

Players say they don't care what people think of them but IMO that is BS. they are human to they care on some level..

Here is the part NOBODY is going to agree with...but I'm going to say it anyway. The more positivity this team receives the better they are going to play...on some level the Seahawks feel the love or feel the hate.

I just wanted to make that point.

Edit: what I'm trying to say is say what your going to say just say it respectfully

LTH

Do you have a job bro? I mean I would love to sit around and post positive $h!t 24/7 on a message board trying to get strangers to feel something they don't feel because you don't like facing facts or reality.

Who are you to tell us how to feel or respond? This is a Seahawks message board, not some positivity cult. Do you realize you're implying that how we respond on here could effect how an NFL team performs? Face the facts that you're simply a Seahawks fan like the rest of us. Get off your positivity high horse and either accept how other human beings react to things differently or for the love of God, get a job and put the phone or laptop down for a little while.
Totally uncalled for, these kind of posts are cancerous BROOOO!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Again, why is it such a bad thing to have a positive post and/or outlook? Just like criticism is fine, if it's actually justified and not just a bunch of made up crap.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":23huaejo said:
Sgt. Largent":23huaejo said:
I want Pete gone, but give him credit, his players are still playing with a lot of pride.

But also give the team leaders credit, as bad as the Hawks are this year guys like Diggs, Wagner, Russ, Brown, Lockett are keeping that locker room positive and focused.

Not an easy task with most teams that are 3-8 and their locker rooms implode into fighting and finger pointing.

I was at the game yesterday, and it was loud as hell, so yeah you could tell the players were feeding off the rivalry energy in the stadium. As far as applying some Kumbaya stay positive message?

Eh, I'd say while the players love when the fans are positive and go crazy, they're relying and feeding off each other more, and pride. This is a very proud organization and roster, they're not just going to lie down and let their biggest division rival bury them.

So how loud was it? were your ears ringing when you left LMAO!!!

LTH

It's the loudest I've heard the fans in a while.

I think the combo of trying to drown out all the Niner fans in the crowd (of which there were a LOT), and the angry passion of finally getting something to cheer about fueled fans.

I know we've been spoiled for a decade now, but Hawk fans still bring it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point ^
It did have that old atmosphere. It was just a crazy, fun game to watch. Both teams did some stupid stuff, both teams made some plays. And finishing the win at THAT end zone? We've seen it plenty of times before.
Just felt nice to have that feeling again.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":mcvbur05 said:
LTH":mcvbur05 said:
Sgt. Largent":mcvbur05 said:

I was at the game yesterday, and it was loud as hell, so yeah you could tell the players were feeding off the rivalry energy in the stadium. As far as applying some Kumbaya stay positive message?

Eh, I'd say while the players love when the fans are positive and go crazy, they're relying and feeding off each other more, and pride. This is a very proud organization and roster, they're not just going to lie down and let their biggest division rival bury them.

LTH

I think the combo of trying to drown out all the Niner fans in the crowd (of which there were a LOT), and the angry passion of finally getting something to cheer about fueled fans.

Thats way cool!!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3p66150y said:
LTH":3p66150y said:
Sgt. Largent":3p66150y said:

LTH

Glad to hear that. I was at the Jacksonville game earlier this season, and we were appalled at the empty seats and lack of enthusiasm. Obviously, the opponent wasn't a fierce rival but then again, we weren't as far out of the playoff hunt as we are now, either.

Which brings up another subject. With the exception of last season, I've been going to at least two home games per season since the early 80's. Several of us have commented that since about 2015 that the crowd hasn't been nearly enthusiastic as it has been in the past. We speculated that it might have something to do with the increased cost to attend a game that prohibits younger fans, teenaged to mid 30's, from attending, that they're the ones most likely to make some noise and their absence has led to a much more passive environment. I'm not sure if I agree with that argument, but it's definitely not nearly as loud in there as it used to be.

K

K.J WRIGHT

LTH":2cil5cv3 said:
I probably am making a mistake by posting this but I'm going to do it any way.

You think for one second that the Seahawk D did not feed off of the crowd last night? Ohhh they did! The crowd makes a huge difference. but ya know what? They also read and listen to the media and it wouldn't surprise me if they sometimes read fan boards

Who is going to have more success the player who thinks people believe in them or the player that thinks the fan base thinks they are crap...

Players say they don't care what people think of them but IMO that is BS. they are human to they care on some level..

Here is the part NOBODY is going to agree with...but I'm going to say it anyway. The more positivity this team receives the better they are going to play...on some level the Seahawks feel the love or feel the hate.

I just wanted to make that point.

Edit: what I'm trying to say is say what your going to say just say it respectfully

LTH

What a Homer! :pukeface:

Latest posts