I was not going to make this post but...

LTH

Reaction score
I probably am making a mistake by posting this but I'm going to do it any way.

You think for one second that the Seahawk D did not feed off of the crowd last night? Ohhh they did! The crowd makes a huge difference. but ya know what? They also read and listen to the media and it wouldn't surprise me if they sometimes read fan boards

Who is going to have more success the player who thinks people believe in them or the player that thinks the fan base thinks they are crap...

Players say they don't care what people think of them but IMO that is BS. they are human to they care on some level..

Here is the part NOBODY is going to agree with...but I'm going to say it anyway. The more positivity this team receives the better they are going to play...on some level the Seahawks feel the love or feel the hate.

I just wanted to make that point.

Edit: what I'm trying to say is say what your going to say just say it respectfully

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":3jp4lv34 said:

You think for one second that the Seahawk D did not feed off of the crowd last night? Ohhh they did! The crowd makes a huge difference. but ya know what? They also read and listen to the media and it wouldn't surprise me if they sometimes read fan boards

Who is going to have more success the player who thinks people believe in them or the player that thinks the fan base thinks they are crap...

Players say they don't care what people think of them but IMO that is BS. they are human to they care on some level..

Here is the part NOBODY is going to agree with...but I'm going to say it anyway. The more positivity this team receives the better they are going to play...on some level the Seahawks feel the love or feel the hate.

LTH

Stay positive, and critic in a objective and polite manner.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Your implication then is that we should be happy, satisfied and go team go? That contrary posts bring fans, players and the team down.

I find that preposterous.

I'm happy we won yesterday. It was a joy to play the Niners and watch them make so many unforced errors. But that is not confused with ignoring the problems the Seahawks have and why we are sitting at 4-8.

Nor do I imbue this board or other fan sites with the power of changing the team's performance. No post on this board is going to demonstrably alter the team's course. It certainly should not be used as a reason not to discuss any problems and how we can resolve them going forward.

I want the Seahawks to win. I don't see ignoring how we got to what is likely to be one of our worst records in the past decade as helping with that. I've lived in a full on deluded football town (not on the West Coast) and seen a fan base kid itself nonstop. It doesn't translate to on field performance. :)

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":335ha7sz said:
That contrary posts bring fans, players and the team down.

I find that preposterous.

I'm happy we won yesterday. It was a joy to play the Niners and watch them make so many unforced errors. But that is not confused with ignoring the problems the Seahawks have and why we are sitting at 4-8.

Nor do I imbue this board or other fan sites with the power of changing the team's performance. No post on this board is going to demonstrably alter the team's course. It certainly should not be used as a reason not to discuss any problems and how we can resolve them going forward.

I want the Seahawks to win. I don't see ignoring how we got to what is likely to be one of our worst records in the past decade as helping with that. I've lived in a full on deluded football town (not on the West Coast) and seen a fan base kid itself nonstop. It doesn't translate to on field performance. :)

You said."

"Your implication then is that we should be happy, satisfied and go team go?"

No that is not my implication it's not go team go, it's say what you want to say but be respectful

LTH

John63

Reaction score
LTH":umzkgiou said:

Edit: what I'm trying to say is say what your going to say just say it respectfully

LTH

So I don't disagree with you that said you yourself have conducted this behavior you are now saying we should not.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
John63":39hfjsbz said:
LTH":39hfjsbz said:

LTH

So I don't disagree with you that said you yourself have conducted this behavior you are now saying we should not.

I'm not trying to tell you to do anything you will make up your mind what you are going to do I'm just making a point whether you agree with it or not is up to you.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
You are now saying...

No that is not my implication it's not go team go, it's say what you want to say but be respectful.

But your original post said...

Your post asked for "positivity". Perhaps you do not see how others would take that as not being negative (zeroing in on the team's various flaws).

Either way, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. It's not going to change how the Seahawks perform after all. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":20wo92e6 said:
You are now saying...

No that is not my implication it's not go team go, it's say what you want to say but be respectful.

But your original post said...

Your post asked for "positivity". Perhaps you do not see how others would take that as not being negative (zeroing in on the team's various flaws).

Either way, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. It's not going to change how the Seahawks perform after all. :mrgreen:

There is a huge difference in positivity in the way I say this

Wilson is a piece of crap and so is Carroll for not benching his stupid ass

and

Russ is struggling because of injury maybe Carroll should think about playing Geno

and yeah the more positive things are the better for this team but not everyone is going to feel that way

Why do you think Carroll try's to keep the media from blowing stuff out of proportion with endless speculative analysis... this is a message board there is going to be speculation...discussing the issues is what we do but in the manner it is discussed makes a difference and not everybody is going to buy into what I'm saying and thats ok,,, but those that do, just make a better place to talk football and i'm not even saying that I'm not guilty of being a d!ck some times... just trying to make a point whether you agree with it is up to you.

LTH

AgentDib

Reaction score
A little positivity never hurts in season. We're not making any major changes right now, and there's a long off-season to discuss firing everybody or giving them all raises.

I don't think most NFL players read forums or follow social media in season. A few do and are worse off for it, but every program from college to pros in every sport will preach tuning out outside opinions and just worrying about what they can control. Part of what enables some athletes to succeed where others do not is their ability to focus on what matters.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
LTH":2utyh3s4 said:

LTH

Do you have a job bro? I mean I would love to sit around and post positive shit 24/7 on a message board trying to get strangers to feel something they don't feel because you don't like facing facts or reality.

Who are you to tell us how to feel or respond? This is a Seahawks message board, not some positivity cult. Do you realize you're implying that how we respond on here could effect how an NFL team performs? Face the facts that you're simply a Seahawks fan like the rest of us. Get off your positivity high horse and either accept how other human beings react to things differently or for the love of God, get a job and put the phone or laptop down for a little while.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
hugecanoli":r80ltq2m said:
LTH":r80ltq2m said:

LTH

Do you have a job bro? I mean I would love to sit around and post positive $h!t 24/7 on a message board trying to get strangers to feel something they don't feel because you don't like facing facts or reality.

Who are you to tell us how to feel or respond? This is a Seahawks message board, not some positivity cult. Do you realize you're implying that how we respond on here could effect how an NFL team performs? Face the facts that you're simply a Seahawks fan like the rest of us. Get off your positivity high horse and either accept how other human beings react to things differently or for the love of God, get a job and put the phone or laptop down for a little while.

I knew I was going to get responses like this and that's why initially I thought it was a mistake to make this post. If you read the thread I'm NOT telling you what you should do because everybody is going to do what they are going to do. I'm just trying to make a suggestion to those who might see my point... I know not everybody is going to see my point and that's fine...

and as far as my job that's none of your business...

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I want Pete gone, but give him credit, his players are still playing with a lot of pride.

But also give the team leaders credit, as bad as the Hawks are this year guys like Diggs, Wagner, Russ, Brown, Lockett are keeping that locker room positive and focused.

Not an easy task with most teams that are 3-8 and their locker rooms implode into fighting and finger pointing.

I was at the game yesterday, and it was loud as hell, so yeah you could tell the players were feeding off the rivalry energy in the stadium. As far as applying some Kumbaya stay positive message?

Eh, I'd say while the players love when the fans are positive and go crazy, they're relying and feeding off each other more, and pride. This is a very proud organization and roster, they're not just going to lie down and let their biggest division rival bury them.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":szkpw05c said:
I want Pete gone, but give him credit, his players are still playing with a lot of pride.

But also give the team leaders credit, as bad as the Hawks are this year guys like Diggs, Wagner, Russ, Brown, Lockett are keeping that locker room positive and focused.

Not an easy task with most teams that are 3-8 and their locker rooms implode into fighting and finger pointing.

I was at the game yesterday, and it was loud as hell, so yeah you could tell the players were feeding off the rivalry energy in the stadium. As far as applying some Kumbaya stay positive message?

Eh, I'd say while the players love when the fans are positive and go crazy, they're relying and feeding off each other more, and pride. This is a very proud organization and roster, they're not just going to lie down and let their biggest division rival bury them.

So how loud was it? were your ears ringing when you left LMAO!!!

LTH

Mizak

Reaction score
Well, the defense played really bad when they gave up 23 points in a half. And then some on here will all go, they played good defense. No, they’re just a mediocre not close to average defense. And I’m sure people can differentiate between Mediocre and Average.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't do participation Trophies, your special and everyone should treat you that way, not hold people accountable or responsible, if you can't take the heat for being crappy at what you're doing maybe you should do something else or get better at it.

Fade

Reaction score
hugecanoli":28o7d3tp said:
LTH":28o7d3tp said:

LTH

Do you have a job bro? I mean I would love to sit around and post positive $h!t 24/7 on a message board trying to get strangers to feel something they don't feel because you don't like facing facts or reality.

2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2Fhk4LNUOgb0fiU2Fgiphy

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I intially thought if I posted this message the board was going to drag me out in the street and hang my ass at the nearest tree.. LMAO!!!!!

I'm surprised at how nice I'm being treated...

I realize my greatest strength is also my down fall I will try not to be over barring...

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":2o0qoabn said:
I intially thought if I posted this message the board was going to drag me out in the street and hang my ass at the nearest tree.. LMAO!!!!!

I'm surprised at how nice I'm being treated...

I realize my greatest strength is also my down fall I will try not to be over barring...

LTH

I understand what you're saying and I agree in at least one respect. But there's an important distinction that I don't think you made.

This is an opinion forum, and I doubt that very many Seahawks come in here regularly and read our comments. Our comments are, for the most part, private conversations between a group of friends. Nothing we say in here is going to have an effect on the team. But it's a different story when we're at the stadium.

Despite my sometimes harsh criticism, with very few exceptions, I will never boo or jeer my team when I'm in attendance at a game or if a player or coach is within earshot. Indeed, I'm quite the opposite when I'm at a game.

The one exception I can recall was back in the 80's when I was a season ticket holder. We had a wide receiver by the name of Darrell Turner, "DT Deep Threat." He was a phenomenal talent, but he didn't apply himself like I felt he should. I would boo him because there were a number of instances where he noticeably gave up on passes just out of his reach. I used to blow my lungs out yelling at that guy. I did the same thing with Randy Johnson of the Mariners once when he loafed getting over to first base a slow roller, allowing an infield hit. I got the whole crowd booing.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Good grief, here all this time I thought the point was to understand things at a deep enough level to know when to bet the farm on what point spread to make a zillion dollars off Vegas and retire early.

I missed my big chance to bet $100K on WTF over the Seahawks. Oh well, there's always the Rams game. Except I have no idea how that will go, other than Russell always struggles against the Rams. Maybe this time will be the charm, and I should bet the farm?

That said, it's more enjoyable to have intelligent conversations and learn from others' informed points of view than to wade through a bunch of name calling, juvenile attacks, and hair-splitting. OK, sometimes the hair-splitting can be educational, so there's that.

seadawg

Reaction score
The team feeds off the crowd, the crowd feeds off the team playing well and around we go... I think we have one of the most passionate fanbases in the NFL. Just give the crowd something to cheer about and as has been demonstrated time and time again they will get extremely loud. The team hasn't been able to leverage the great home field advantage they have had and would continue to have if they play competitive football. The type of football they have been playing the majority of the season is not going to fire up any fanbase.