I actually liked our offense vs Saints

GCrow

Reaction score
I really like Jermaine Kearse's blocking skill from the WR spot

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Reaneypark":25e5f0wm said:
I think that was the whole point. And, we would all remember that when the offense needed to get the job done in the fourth quarter, they cranked off a game-sealing scoring drive.

It was 2 big plays and the one to Baldwin was almost a prayer...but yeah. They did it when it counted.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ff27p1r said:
Reaneypark":1ff27p1r said:
I think that was the whole point. And, we would all remember that when the offense needed to get the job done in the fourth quarter, they cranked off a game-sealing scoring drive.

It was 2 big plays and the one to Baldwin was almost a prayer...but yeah. They did it when it counted.

how was it almost a prayer? baldwin's been making similar catches all season on the sideline. It's something they practice on a regular basis.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1tkviig8 said:
HawkFan72":1tkviig8 said:
Reaneypark":1tkviig8 said:

how was it almost a prayer? baldwin's been making similar catches all season on the sideline. It's something they practice on a regular basis.

Yeah but we haven't had much success with those plays in recent weeks. It was on 3rd down and we had been struggling to convert 3rd downs all day. Those are not high percentage plays, that's why I said it was a prayer.

I'm glad it worked, but people would just add it to the list of poor offensive decisions if it had not been complete...and it almost wasn't. I think it was a great play by Wilson and Baldwin, I'm just surprised they tried it again since the downfield Offense wasn't working.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
themunn":39mabrs9 said:
Has anyone pointed out that we had more total yards and only one less point than the Eagles in far harsher conditions?

The same Eagles team that "nobody wanted to face in the postseason", having won 7 of their last 8, averaging 33.25 points per game and 434.9 NET yards of offense per game in that span. They are one of four teams in NFL history to have 12 games with over 400 yards of total offense. They were first the NFL in rushing yards per game (160.4 per game), rushing yards per attempt (5.13 per play), yards per play (6.33 per play) and passing yards per play (8.09 per play) among other statistics.

And the Saints held them to 256 total yards, yet we managed 277 in much much tougher conditions.

Newsflash: The Saints are a pretty good team.

Eagles were in playoffs only because someone had to be from the NFC Least. Eagles are a sham and not worth comparing to. I do agree with your last statement though - Saints are a good team.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1epz43ds said:
nobody else wants to mention that we scored as many or more points than 5 of the other 7 teams playing this weekend and only one less than the 'best offense ever' in Denver playing a D that wasn't statistically nearly as good as NO all year.

Who cares. What does what other teams do in other games have to do with what the Seahawks did against the Saints? It's ridiculous and to boot illogical. None of those teams were playing the Seahawks or the Saints on Saturday. Has nothing to do with what Seattle or SF will do on Sunday.

amill87

Reaction score
CANHawk":nse4w8tx said:
A bunch of awesome stuff

Can I just block everyone else on the board except for you? You are on fire lately...

The Saints are a better team than I gave them credit for. I am shocked to see they held the Eagles to 250 yards.

Yet, we really did DOMINATE them.

The Saints had one legit offensive drive at the end of the 3rd quarter. Just like Can said, stop looking at stats and re-watch that game.

I just watched the 4th quarter again and a couple things stood out:
*Wilson was vintage Wilson. His run on the first possession in the 4th was a thing of beauty and the Saints player made a hell of a play to stop him inches from a first down.
*Smith was out of position a couple times vs the run and gave up some big plays
*Drew Brees had a Wilson esque play. It was pretty bad ass. Kaep would not make that play, he wouldve tried running and been killed by three Hawks
*Our pass rush was awesome in the 4th. Not with sacks but getting awesome pressure
*Chancellor dropped the easiest pick hes had all year on the Saints second possession
*For those saying our defense was different at the end, Thomas would ask you to watch the 4th quarter again. His play on Graham was INSANE and he almost picked it off one handed while diving over Graham. It may have been the best play Thomas has made in his career.
*Bowie may just be the answer at LG.
*I remember posters saying Lynch was slowing down and not as effective any more. Yeah. He got better in the 4th quarter.
*Wilson had a good pass to Tate on a slant that Lewis just made a good play on
*The holding call on Clemons was terrible. Ingram was already turning and Clemons just glanced him
*The following play will never happen again. Thomas schooled Brees and played the ball perfectly. I seriously think they could redo that scenario 100 times and Thomas picks 90 of them.
*Again our pass rush was really good in the 4th. Caused in completions left and right with pressure
*If Irvin turns around, we have another chance at a pick
*Again our pass rush is awesome

Now the most IMPORTANT part of this game. Our offense takes over with 3:46 left in the game with an 8 point lead starting on our own 33
*Wilson delivers that ball to Baldwin on a rope. Not only does Wilson have the balls to audible there but the balls to trust himself after not throwing much for the day
*The second Lynch scores that TD, everyone (including the Saints, watch Brees' face) know the game is over.

For those who wanted Lynch to go down. 1) Lynch will never just slide. 2) The TD puts us up by 15 with 2:40 left with the Saints only have two chances to stop the clock.

The point is, when this offense needed to ice this game, they did just that. Wilson was awesome. Lynch was awesome. Baldwin was awesome. Our o-line was awesome. They stepped up and made plays exactly when they needed to.

Schadie001

Reaction score
amill87":1pwz5883 said:
CANHawk":1pwz5883 said:
A bunch of awesome stuff

Can I just block everyone else on the board except for you? You are on fire lately...

The Saints are a better team than I gave them credit for. I am shocked to see they held the Eagles to 250 yards.

Yet, we really did DOMINATE them.

The Saints had one legit offensive drive at the end of the 3rd quarter. Just like Can said, stop looking at stats and re-watch that game.

I just watched the 4th quarter again and a couple things stood out:
*Wilson was vintage Wilson. His run on the first possession in the 4th was a thing of beauty and the Saints player made a hell of a play to stop him inches from a first down.
*Smith was out of position a couple times vs the run and gave up some big plays
*Drew Brees had a Wilson esque play. It was pretty bad ass. Kaep would not make that play, he wouldve tried running and been killed by three Hawks
*Our pass rush was awesome in the 4th. Not with sacks but getting awesome pressure
*Chancellor dropped the easiest pick hes had all year on the Saints second possession
*For those saying our defense was different at the end, Thomas would ask you to watch the 4th quarter again. His play on Graham was INSANE and he almost picked it off one handed while diving over Graham. It may have been the best play Thomas has made in his career.
*Bowie may just be the answer at LG.
*I remember posters saying Lynch was slowing down and not as effective any more. Yeah. He got better in the 4th quarter.
*Wilson had a good pass to Tate on a slant that Lewis just made a good play on
*The holding call on Clemons was terrible. Ingram was already turning and Clemons just glanced him
*The following play will never happen again. Thomas schooled Brees and played the ball perfectly. I seriously think they could redo that scenario 100 times and Thomas picks 90 of them.
*Again our pass rush was really good in the 4th. Caused in completions left and right with pressure
*If Irvin turns around, we have another chance at a pick
*Again our pass rush is awesome

Now the most IMPORTANT part of this game. Our offense takes over with 3:46 left in the game with an 8 point lead starting on our own 33
*Wilson delivers that ball to Baldwin on a rope. Not only does Wilson have the balls to audible there but the balls to trust himself after not throwing much for the day
*The second Lynch scores that TD, everyone (including the Saints, watch Brees' face) know the game is over.

For those who wanted Lynch to go down. 1) Lynch will never just slide. 2) The TD puts us up by 15 with 2:40 left with the Saints only have two chances to stop the clock.

The point is, when this offense needed to ice this game, they did just that. Wilson was awesome. Lynch was awesome. Baldwin was awesome. Our o-line was awesome. They stepped up and made plays exactly when they needed to.

This...Great points all around. I think the moral of the story is in a game when the weather was terrible to say the least and we take a 16 point lead in at half. You make the Saints beat you, you don't do ANYTHING that will help them. Meaning you don't turn the ball over when you don't have to, you punt and make them drive the field. Which 2 picks that we gave up would have completely stopped. You ride the Beast to victory... I hope SF thinks they can load the box and single our WR's on the outside. They will lose.

mrblitz

Reaction score
really. seahawks are the best team in the league.

saints played extremely inspired football.

great game.