GENO and our Hawks

toffee

Reaction score
Geno is a .500 QB at best. I don't know why we'd roll him out or extend him. No way.

With a defense playing at all time bad level, like ours, to be a 0.500 QB is an achievement. Russ at his prime with this team, he will at best be a 0.500 QB, probably worst.

Did you even think before posting?

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
No he is not good, never will be good, but he plays a fairly mistake free game which makes him borderline mediocre. We are so myopic that anyone who does not screw up too much is deemed good.

You can show me every stat in the book but dude ain't good and will be benched in about 3 weeks. I can think of 3 starting Qb's I would take Geno over.

No defensive coordinator in the league is saying OMG it's Geno Smith this week :) stack the box and see how well he beats anybody...

Analytics means nothing to you obviously, but ALL defensive coordinator in the league that will face the Seahawks this season are paying attention to how Geno. And yes, they have been stacking to box, and yes Geno has been beating them. We are a pass first team this team, you didn't watch the games, or you would have noticed.

You sir sounded like someone didn't watch the game, and couldn't understand analytics, but you did gave Geno the respect as there are only THREE starting QB that you would take over Geno, that makes him #4 in the league.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Analytics means nothing to you obviously, but ALL defensive coordinator in the league that will face the Seahawks this season are paying attention to how Geno. And yes, they have been stacking to box, and yes Geno has been beating them. We are a pass first team this team, you didn't watch the games, or you would have noticed.

You sir sounded like someone didn't watch the game, and couldn't understand analytics, but you did gave Geno the respect as there are only THREE starting QB that you would take over Geno, that makes him #4 in the league.
We will chat again at the end of the year...I guarantee your "analytics" will not match what they are now. Steak Dinner?

m0ng0

Reaction score
And I am not anti Geno, I hope he does well and we do well but I'm still capable of being objective. Cheers bro!!

toffee

Reaction score
We will chat again at the end of the year...I guarantee your "analytics" will not match what they are now. Steak Dinner?
May I assume that you will be happier if Geno's performance couldn't last? Every time my Hawks won, I went for a nice steak at my local Ruth's Christ or Morton. I am happier when my team and players do well, I cheer them on with all my good chi, all the time. And I look forward to Geno plays at present level or better. Positive outlook makes me happy.

Ruth's 22oz cowboy ribeye were quite tasty, and enough meat to fill me up, that was the one for win over the Lions.

Last edited:

m0ng0

Reaction score
May I assume that you will be happier if Geno's performance couldn't last? Every time my Hawks won, I went for a nice steak at my local Ruth's Christ or Morton. I am happier when my team and player do well, I cheer them on with all my good chi, all the time. And I look forward to Geno plays at present level or better. Positive outlook makes me happy.

Ruth's 22oz cowboy ribeye were quite taste, and enough meat to fill me up, that was the one for win over the Lions.
I'm rooting right there with you

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's ballin' out, but there's also nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic about the guy. Since when is it not ok to say anything negative and/or at least be on the fence about totally buying in to Geno Smith?
He's letting his play do the talking. So far, he has had a hell of a season. So far.

Last edited:

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Super Bowl,,,here we come
No, no...dude...sorry about getting your hopes up. We likely won't sniff even the playoffs this year the way our D is playing. I like your enthusiasm though. Those #'s are impressive and I can see why someone would think what you are. Cheers!

m0ng0

Reaction score
May I assume that you will be happier if Geno's performance couldn't last? Every time my Hawks won, I went for a nice steak at my local Ruth's Christ or Morton. I am happier when my team and players do well, I cheer them on with all my good chi, all the time. And I look forward to Geno plays at present level or better. Positive outlook makes me happy.

Ruth's 22oz cowboy ribeye were quite tasty, and enough meat to fill me up, that was the one for win over the Lions.
Do we have a bet? Geno is at or above the metrics you provided at the end of the season?

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Every time my Hawks won, I went for a nice steak at my local Ruth's Christ or Morton. I am happier when my team and players do well, I cheer them on with all my good chi, all the time. And I look forward to Geno plays at present level or better. Positive outlook makes me happy.

Uhh...Geno, something....hmmm, I'm hungry.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
No he is not good, never will be good, but he plays a fairly mistake free game which makes him borderline mediocre. We are so myopic that anyone who does not screw up too much is deemed good.

You can show me every stat in the book but dude ain't good and will be benched in about 3 weeks. I can think of 3 starting Qb's I would take Geno over.

No defensive coordinator in the league is saying OMG it's Geno Smith this week :) stack the box and see how well he beats anybody...
He actually reads his checkdowns. He actually reads the intermediate routes. He takes shots where appropriate. He can use his legs to reasonably get out of situations, instead of 3 spins and sack.

You watching the same dude?

I might have agreed with you last season to an extent - but Jesus. He's a FUNCTIONAL quarterback. He doesn't need Unicorn farts/nano water, or special treatment to fell 'well enough' to play. He doesn't need an 8 person entourage. He doesn't bring his own private masseuse. He doesn't tell the OC what to do - or in Mahomes case - IGNORE is OC.

You can see he's got the mechanics and is willing and able to work within the system instead of blowing it up and screwing it up.

Gimme Geno over any Brady, Mahomes, Rogers, Wilson (not in the same class) - any day of the frikken week and TWICE on Sundays.

Benched in 3 weeks? That's the crack talking. We've got a journeyman QB who has low low miles. EVERYTHING that RW3 wasn't for now.

i don't think it's as simple as stacking the box against him and him getting rattled.

I'm thankful for what we have, for as long as we have it. Geno for PREZ!. There. I said it again. Geno for PREZ!. There, I said it a second time again.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score

Well, this is not the Cardinals DC...but he is their HC...

Kingsbury States: "OMG, Geno is..."

“His arm talent is tremendous as good as anybody in the league,” Kingsbury said. “You turn the tape on, I don’t care who you are, if you watch it and you didn’t know names, you’d think he’s a top-five guy. He’s playing that well.”

"I think we will have to stack the box and see if that will stop him"

OK...I admit...that last quote was loosly based off the quoted post and not from the link. The point is the post comes across as the league does not respect Geno and this link (among many other available to anyone who wishes to search) concludes otherwise.

toffee

Reaction score

“His arm talent is tremendous as good as anybody in the league,” Kingsbury said. “You turn the tape on, I don’t care who you are, if you watch it and you didn’t know names, you’d think he’s a top-five guy. He’s playing that well.”

OK...I admit...that last quote was loosly based off the quoted post and not from the link. The point is the post comes across as the league does not respect Geno and this link (among many other available to anyone who wishes to search) concludes otherwise.
Some fans may ignore or belittle analytics, but ALL modern coaches use analytics as part of the data points to formulate their game plans and play callings.

Case in point, analytics in Russell Wilson showed his inability to throw to middle of the field and his prowess in going deep. Defense coaches uses those data to help game plan against Wilson.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

And then we realized..... we had what we needed all along. It was just sitting on the bench instead of bossing everyone ELSE around and taking no credit for his failures.

AND, his kid's name is a decent rock star. NOT a verb. Not a sunflower. Not sunshine. Not 'Win'. I get it. I'm a broken record. Just happy that we can even be happy about this. The defense will come. Notice: we don't have to backup the draft-pick brinks truck to roll the dice on a 24 year old douche in the draft for QB with a 100 million dollar contract, and then watch him bust in 6 games. We can use that draft capital on the ..... wait for it...... DEFENSE!

;)

nsport

Reaction score
With a defense playing at all time bad level, like ours, to be a 0.500 QB is an achievement. Russ at his prime with this team, he will at best be a 0.500 QB, probably worst.

Did you even think before posting?

Hahahaha... This is the homeriest post. Geno is probably the reason we are 2-3. With a great defense could be 4-1, but the. We wouldn't be 4-1 because of him. Obviously it would be because of the defense. If Geno was better than a .500 QB, we would be at least 3-2 because he had the ball with a chance to win in two games. If you can't see that, then maybe, just maybe, you should think before YOU post.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Hahahaha... This is the homeriest post. Geno is probably the reason we are 2-3. With a great defense could be 4-1, but the. We wouldn't be 4-1 because of him. Obviously it would be because of the defense. If Geno was better than a .500 QB, we would be at least 3-2 because he had the ball with a chance to win in two games. If you can't see that, then maybe, just maybe, you should think before YOU post.
You would be 4-1 with a middle of the pack defense and Geno Smith. Blaming him for those losses because he held the potato last is a very narrow way of looking at a team sport.