Has the ship sailed again ?

xray

Reaction score
I'm referring to the real possibility of another year , that the Hawks won't draft a future franchise QB . The allegedly best QBs were gone before the Hawks had a chance in this years draft . I don' t know for sure if drafting QB was even a priority this year . If it was , then it didn't pan out so far . Maybe there is a ' hidden gem ' hiding in late round weeds today . Spencer Rattler perhaps .? 🤔

sutz

Reaction score
Over focus on the whole "QBOTF" snipe hunt has hurt many a franchise. Reaching for QBs is like playing russian roulette. I'm glad they didn't do that this year, especially, and have focused on two key areas that needed work. We were a little lucky to have two really good players drop to us where need met up with BPA (pretty much, anyway).

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think we pick Rattler today
They already spent the equivalent of a 3rd round pick to acquire Sam Howell. Howell is roughly the same age as those QBs picked in the 1st round on Thursday. Plus he has actual starting NFL experience.
They aren’t going to use draft capital this year on a QB that would most likely be 3rd string. Especially when the team has lots of other holes to fill.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
The last 10 Superbowls were won by Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matthew Stafford, and Nick Foles.

Patrick Mahomes and Nick Foles were the only ones under 30, and all but Mahomes came from different team in FA. I don't understand the hand wringing over who might lead the team 4-5 years from now, or that that person has to be on our roster RIGHT NOW even if they're not going to play.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Build the team first. Add the QB when the rest of the team is built up.

Unless you hit on a truly generational player, like Mahomes, rolling the dice on a QB is just a waste of picks.

Mahomes in the first, Purdy in the last. It’s a crap shoot with the odds being only slightly better in the first.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm referring to the real possibility of another year , that the Hawks won't draft a future franchise QB . The allegedly best QBs were gone before the Hawks had a chance in this years draft . I don' t know for sure if drafting QB was even a priority this year . If it was , then it didn't pan out so far . Maybe there is a ' hidden gem ' hiding in late round weeds today . Spencer Rattler perhaps .? 🤔
It's day 3 in the draft. The ship sailed when 6 quarterbacks went in the top 12 picks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think we grab an UDFA to fill out the roster but we aren’t getting a qbotf this year. Geno can run the offense just fine. We need to build up the rest of the team then we can look at finding a replacement if Howell doesn’t work out.