How many weeks are the Haters going to be here

mrt144

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1253fc9n said:
Wow, those are some crazy numbers for Pick 6's

You know, I love when a critique of RW backfires completely by highlighting how much less peril he's actually engaged in relative to others. It is only in the absence of comparison to others that some criticisms of RW surface.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I'm just curious where this myth about 'over achieving' came from?

At the start of the year, the consensus from most fans was that:

We would be between 7-9 and 8-8. Some fans actually predicted 10 wins. It wasn't universally acknowledged, but it wasn't unheard of.

A good percentage (not the majority but not a sliver of the total either) predicted us to make the playoffs, at least the wildcard.

Now everyone seems to be latching onto one idiot's prediction that we would only win 4 games, projecting all the other wins as 'over-achieving'. But at the time of the prediction, most of the fans here rightfully pointed out it was a ridiculous prediction.

The expected wins were 7 to 8, Carroll won 2-3 extra - which makes sense considering 1 team almost imploded from the loss of the QB, and 2 other key teams we faced were falling apart by the time we met them.

It was a good job but not some incredible feat considering the strength of our roster.

Though I will concede that losing ET looked like we were going to lose another 1-2 games because of that. So you can argue salvaging things after that was the whole over-achieving...maybe.

For the most part, we had a better run offense than we expected but Wilson and our passing attack did not look anywhere near as good. The defense looked a little better than expected but it was pretty average itself. (But for the turnovers issue that I was wrong on - as Largent pointed out)

Still, the difference between an 8 win season and 10 win season when the postseason ends with the same result? Not that massive.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3g9x6x5n said:
When we were winning these posters hid under a rug, would not raise their heads and stayed in the basement.

We lose a game that we were going in handicapped as in playing in another stadium, we have two O lineman that in any other game would have been inactive due to injuries, a CB that was playing injured and toughing it out, another injured during the game, Baldwin playing with 4 injuries. Add that we were playing against someone that knew our defense and offense almost as well as we know ourselves and the players strengths and weaknesses.

We overcame a lot to get there and the team learned a lot being there, Pete may have been to late to let Schotty open it up, yes Pete controls those strings. I look at it as more like the Atlanta game in Russ's first year, a few mistakes made at crucial times. We need health, a bit of luck and playing smarter and mistake free as much as possible to win games like this. Throw in we had no kicker to close out the game if we got close but not in the end zone and we were really playing up hill.

We really did well considering the situation if you look past things just on the surface.
Well, to be fair, not all of them are "haters", many are just snivelers. LOLOL

John63

Reaction score
Seymour":35ttvg9o said:
Good God! Now Wilson has a pick 6 problem with 3 in his career?? Brees has 27, Rivers 23 and Stafford has 20.

Wilson has 3 for Christ sakes!!! :roll: :pukeface:

What's funniest is some here are good throwing the players especially Wilson under the bus but god forbid you to question the HC. Also we are talking about the last game and some here want to talk about 2014.

Seymour

Reaction score
John63":55iklwep said:
Seymour":55iklwep said:
Good God! Now Wilson has a pick 6 problem with 3 in his career?? Brees has 27, Rivers 23 and Stafford has 20.

Wilson has 3 for Christ sakes!!! :roll: :pukeface:

What's funniest is some here are good throwing the players especially Wilson under the bus but god forbid you to question the HC. Also we are talking about the last game and some here want to talk about 2014.

That is because they HAVE to dig that deep to attempt to hate on him enough to make their point. Like that is going to hold any real value to the conversation. :141847_bnono:

D

DomeHawk

Sgt. Largent":3ktlbnbj said:
DomeHawk":3ktlbnbj said:
I don't want to squander a quarterback that has SB potential because we have a stubborn coach that cannot adapt. Russ wants to be a HOF QB that won multiple SB's. Don't be too surprised if he isn't seeing the writing on the wall too and tests the free agent market.

Does Russell have any culpability in any of this, or are we just going to crucify Pete for the next six months for losing a playoff game with a team that he helped overachieve to a 10-6 record, that looking at the roster really had no business being in the playoffs this year.

- did Pete throw the ball too high in the SB allowing Butler to pick it off?
- did Pete get bitchslapped by Brandon Browner in the SB and not set the pick so Butler didn't get to Lockette?
- did Pete throw two pick sixes this year?
- did Pete fumble the snap at Denver and cost us two late game chances to win that game?

I mean, this notion that Russell is some QB God that we're squandering is downright laughable. Dude's on his way to the Hall of Fame here, why in the hell would he want to go to some middle of the road organization that may but probably won't protect him and have an offense better designed for him to have success in.

Or do you have inside information that Drew Brees is retiring early and Russell is going to slide in at NO and FINALLY be appreciated and "used properly", whatever that means.

Please tell me where all these amazing well run organizations that don't already have an elite QB with coaches, O-lines and coordinators where Russell would leave a top 2-3 organization that's in the playoffs every year to go and fare better?

Such BS, franchise QB's aren't automatically granted to NFL teams. If you have one, you have a shot at getting to the Super Bowl, without one, good luck.

Look at the four teams left.

New England: Guess who?

New Orleans: Drew Brees

Kansa City: Patrick Mahomes, the next great NFL QB.

LA Rams: Jared Goff

ALL franchise QB's

Get it?

D

DomeHawk

Sgt. Largent":1idvelmg said:
Please tell me where all these amazing well run organizations that don't already have an elite QB with coaches, O-lines and coordinators where Russell would leave a top 2-3 organization that's in the playoffs every year to go and fare better?

I have posted before that Russell Wilson could look at the LA Chargers as a possibility with Rivers retiring. Phillip has eight children and is 37 year-old. Russ and Ciara already have a place there because of his wife's ties to the Los Angeles entertainment industry and Russ likes to train and practice with other players in the off-season there.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
His turnover ratio has to be among the best of all time. Only 3 pick 6's his entire career.... That's just flat out impressive.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Jared Goff it not a franchise QB, not yet at least. Let him win a big game, like this Sunday, then I'll truly start being impressed.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":9ijit2bm said:
Pete and his philosophy is the only reason this team even made the playoffs. There was a reason so many prognosticators looked at our roster and predicted 4-12 or 6-10. The "haters" lack context. Carroll absolutely deserves coach of the year:

Massive roster turnover losing several Pro Bowl players: Sherm, Bennett, Avril, Richardson, Kam, Graham...
No Earl Thomas most of the year.
No KJ Wright most of the year.
No healthy Doug Baldwin 90% of the year.
Young, inexperienced guys like Tedric Thompson and Tre Flowers starting at vital positions.
Integrating new OL schemes
Adapting to new offensive and defensive coordinators
No true #1 WR or TE.
Banged up OL half the season.

The list goes on and on and on. This team should not have made the playoffs. Yet they went 10-6 and would have been 11-5 if the refs in the 49ers game were even semi-competent. That's extraordinary to me. I would rank our roster in the bottom third of the league, yet Pete gets journeymen, rookies, late round picks, UDFAs, to play hard and fast. He emphasizes a system that wins. It's incredible.

Yet we have bozos calling this Martyball. When did Marty Schottenheimer ever win a championship? Carroll's style works. It was working in Dallas too, until the game suddenly got away from them in the 4th quarter. The Colts and Cowboys are largely adopting Pete's run first philosophy as are many teams.

I wish Pete were ten years younger and could coach the Seahawks another decade.

Solid!

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":ogpy246p said:
Sgt. Largent":ogpy246p said:
DomeHawk":ogpy246p said:
I don't want to squander a quarterback that has SB potential because we have a stubborn coach that cannot adapt. Russ wants to be a HOF QB that won multiple SB's. Don't be too surprised if he isn't seeing the writing on the wall too and tests the free agent market.

Does Russell have any culpability in any of this, or are we just going to crucify Pete for the next six months for losing a playoff game with a team that he helped overachieve to a 10-6 record, that looking at the roster really had no business being in the playoffs this year.

- did Pete get bitchslapped by Brandon Browner in the SB and not set the pick so Butler didn't get to Lockette?
- did Pete fumble the snap at Denver and cost us two late game chances to win that game?

I mean, this notion that Russell is some QB God that we're squandering is downright laughable. Dude's on his way to the Hall of Fame here, why in the hell would he want to go to some middle of the road organization that may but probably won't protect him and have an offense better designed for him to have success in.

Or do you have inside information that Drew Brees is retiring early and Russell is going to slide in at NO and FINALLY be appreciated and "used properly", whatever that means.

Such BS, franchise QB's aren't automatically granted to NFL teams. If you have one, you have a shot at getting to the Super Bowl, without one, good luck.

ALL franchise QB's

Get it?

MaHomes has had a little bit of a run but is not a Franchise guy yet, same could be said for Goff, remember everyone said 5 years of production to prove your not just getting the luck of the draw so to speak Luck is also a Franchise guy, what has he won so far?

Ossweiler, Paxton, RG III were labeled Franchise guys also when drafted. See how that works? Throw in Cutler and Flacco if you wish but I think most would agree they are not what you envision. Then we have Kaepernick who started off hot and faded. Why the Franchise tag can mean one thing from year to year but sustained success is really where you get to label a guy that on good and bad years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1j5xfsaf said:
Sgt. Largent":1j5xfsaf said:
DomeHawk":1j5xfsaf said:

ALL franchise QB's

Get it?

Get what, you didn't make a point. Your point is that we're "squandering" Russell Wilson.........and I'd like to know how getting to the playoffs every year and going to two SB's is "squandering" Russell.

By your definition EVERY QB in the league other than Brady is being squandered.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent - agree or disagree:

Matt Nagy got more out of Trubisky than Schotty and Pete did out of RW, even though it was RW's statistical best season in many regards.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jgqz0oxe said:
DomeHawk":jgqz0oxe said:
Sgt. Largent":jgqz0oxe said:
DomeHawk":jgqz0oxe said:

ALL franchise QB's

Get it?

Get what, you didn't make a point. Your point is that we're "squandering" Russell Wilson.........and I'd like to know how getting to the playoffs every year and going to two SB's is "squandering" Russell.

Going to Super Bowls with 5 pro bowl players all on rookie contracts and taking that $60+ million and buying a SB roster (oline and dline) has ZERO to do with not making full use of Russell's skill set.

ZERO!!

mrt144

Reaction score
Seymour":38zjht1m said:
Sgt. Largent":38zjht1m said:
DomeHawk":38zjht1m said:
Sgt. Largent":38zjht1m said:

ALL franchise QB's

Get it?

Going to Super Bowls with 5 pro bowl players all on rookie contracts and taking that $60+ million and buying a SB roster (oline and dline) has ZERO to do with not making full use of Russell's skill set.

ZERO!!

Was RW even one of those Pro Bowl players or nah? ;) (Don't beat me!)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":2ig2flv0 said:

Matt Nagy got more out of Trubisky than Schotty and Pete did out of RW, even though it was RW's statistical best season in many regards.

Disagree;

1. Bears had a fantastic defense that helped Trubisky not have to do too much. Thus why he sucked in their playoff game when they finally DID need him.

2. This was Schotty's first year with Russell, and he still had his best year statistically.

So yes, much like Pete did with Russell early in his career, Nagy did a great job of managing Trubisky and relying on their defense to win games. Still had 12 picks.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17qag0sy said:
mrt144":17qag0sy said:

Disagree;

1. Bears had a fantastic defense that helped Trubisky not have to do too much. Thus why he sucked in their playoff game when they finally DID need him.

2. This was Schotty's first year with Russell, and he still had his best year statistically.

So yes, much like Pete did with Russell early in his career, Nagy did a great job of managing Trubisky and relying on their defense to win games. Still had 12 picks.

I don't have the heart to do pursue this but I really wanted to lead this conversation down the path of you wanting to get rid of RW ;)

D

DomeHawk

Sgt. Largent":2v1gdj54 said:
DomeHawk":2v1gdj54 said:
Sgt. Largent":2v1gdj54 said:
DomeHawk":2v1gdj54 said:

ALL franchise QB's

Get it?

At the risk of stating the obvious "squandering" your QB is when you don't utilize their talents in obvious situations.

And yes "get it?" means that some of you guys can't seem to comprehend what HOF quarterbacks and other players as well as Super Bowl winning coaches have all echoed about that game.

Tell me please, who should I listen to, them, or you?

Latest posts